estrogen control

Bigpete757

Awards
What are some good options for lowering estrogen? I have some generic arimidex, but I am not sure that it is doing the job as I still have some high estrogen symptoms and E2 on lab tests is not coming down that much.

I am considering getting some liquid arimidex to see if this might help. But I am looking for other products that might work. I have read some info on dim, ic3, tmg, and there are numerous estrogen blocker/aromatase inhibitor supplements on the market, but most of them are probably crap or potentially harmful. Does anyone know of some good products in this category that have helped you in the past. Thank you.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What are some good options for lowering estrogen? I have some generic arimidex, but I am not sure that it is doing the job as I still have some high estrogen symptoms and E2 on lab tests is not coming down that much.

I am considering getting some liquid arimidex to see if this might help. But I am looking for other products that might work. I have read some info on dim, ic3, tmg, and there are numerous estrogen blocker/aromatase inhibitor supplements on the market, but most of them are probably crap or potentially harmful. Does anyone know of some good products in this category that have helped you in the past. Thank you.
Depends whether you're looking for - a hormonal or natural AI.

For example, hormonal:
* 6-Bromo
* 6-oxo

* ATD

For example, natural:
* Erase
* Triazole
* T-911

Review http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/168060-best-available-aromatase.html for more suggestions (and people will no doubt post in here as well).

~Rosie~

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I like Sustain Alpha for estrogen control. The ingrediant in Sustain Alpha, Resveratrol is a beast.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Are you on TRT? If arimidex isn't cutting it, use Aromasin.

Don't go for over the counter stuff. Go with what's documented, tried n true.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Are you on TRT? If arimidex isn't cutting it, use Aromasin.

Don't go for over the counter stuff. Go with what's documented, tried n true.
Find source of why estrogen is high.
Could be altered genes, excessive body fat, poor gut dysboisis, malfunctoining liver, low zinc, excessivec dairy or hormones in food, methylation not working properly (heavy metals, underlying genetic predisposition from poor child hood),

Way to deal with this may be manipulating with gene silencing..

We are now using aromasin with TRT and having great feed back. It has been covered by some insurance plans. It out performs adex in al aspects.

Bigpete757

Awards
Thank you for the replies. I think I might go with the medications vs the otc stuff as was mentioned in this post. I thought that it might benefit me to take the AI medications and otc stuff, but this I guess is not necessary and it probably best to use what has been worked documented in the past.

Gutterpump, what are you now using for your trt? I read some posts of yours in the past that mentioned you were using a compounded t formula that was working good for you. I think you said it might have been in a plo base, but not for sure. I also saw that you lived in Fl and were getting it from a pharmacy there. I live in Fl as and are looking for a good compounded t cream/gel that I could use. My doc has used plo bases in the past for patients with some success I am assuming, and I have been doing some research on this subject lately and want to get something that is good and matches up with my body/lifestyle.

There are PCAB accredited pharmacies in Fl I contacted and I might try a lipoderm t gel 10% from the one on Pensacola. They said this is the most commonly prescribed one.

Any help on this subject would be much appreciated from you and or other members in the forum.

Shawn, I will look into the aromasin medication in the future. I am glad to see it was mentioned twice in this thread and it is working for some of your patients.

My question to you is what is working good for your patients in regards to compounded t creams/gels. If you could give me a list or a few options here that I could look into I would appreciate it.

I tried androgel with no luck. Have not tried testim, and was thinking about trying that before compounded forumula, but testim is very expensive just to try out. Probably will be using compounded in the meantime and possibly testim if that does not work.

I also am taking some oral dmps for chelation and will be low doses for the next few months.

Thanks for the help.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Thank you for the replies. I think I might go with the medications vs the otc stuff as was mentioned in this post. I thought that it might benefit me to take the AI medications and otc stuff, but this I guess is not necessary and it probably best to use what has been worked documented in the past. Gutterpump, what are you now using for your trt? I read some posts of yours in the past that mentioned you were using a compounded t formula that was working good for you. I think you said it might have been in a plo base, but not for sure. I also saw that you lived in Fl and were getting it from a pharmacy there. I live in Fl as and are looking for a good compounded t cream/gel that I could use. My doc has used plo bases in the past for patients with some success I am assuming, and I have been doing some research on this subject lately and want to get something that is good and matches up with my body/lifestyle.There are PCAB accredited pharmacies in Fl I contacted and I might try a lipoderm t gel 10% from the one on Pensacola. They said this is the most commonly prescribed one. Any help on this subject would be much appreciated from you and or other members in the forum.Shawn, I will look into the aromasin medication in the future. I am glad to see it was mentioned twice in this thread and it is working for some of your patients.My question to you is what is working good for your patients in regards to compounded t creams/gels. If you could give me a list or a few options here that I could look into I would appreciate it.I tried androgel with no luck. Have not tried testim, and was thinking about trying that before compounded forumula, but testim is very expensive just to try out. Probably will be using compounded in the meantime and possibly testim if that does not work. I also am taking some oral dmps for chelation and will be low doses for the next few months.Thanks for the help.
When doing any kind of chelation on needs to avoid nutrients because it will pull them out instead of the metals. Taking it 2 days a row in a week will allow you body to replenish if there are nutrient deficiency as well help pull out any metals. By taking low dosage you are still vulneable at stripping away your vital nutrients. If you want a really good person to consult . A good contact of mine is Dr Peter Rousse. I feel he is one the most knowledgeable people when it comes to detoxification. We share the same passion as well the same views in dealing with health issues. I have learned alot from him, but he has just reconfirmed what I already knew. Other medical dr's thought I was nuts, but to have some other medical professionals agree with you backing up by clinical research is reassuring.As to your question Lipoderm is probably the most absorbent to get through the skin. After learning more about new area of the immune system, has you dr looked into cytokins imbalances? I believe quest or lab corp may run an immuine profile looking for interlukins, th1, th2, other immune markers. Peter what happened in the past is the past. I am not one to hold grudges with people. I am glad you are getting the proper care you need. The main reason i got into this is to help people. Now I am helping educate other dr's and medical professionals so others can benefit. I love working on complex cases which other professionals get stuck on. As always I am here if you need feed back.Peter you medical dr can call a rep from testim and they can get samples. You can retest after 7 days on it. You need to rub the stuff in really good making sure it is clean. We have been getting positive feed back from it by several patients.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Gutterpump, what are you now using for your trt? I read some posts of yours in the past that mentioned you were using a compounded t formula that was working good for you. I think you said it might have been in a plo base, but not for sure. I also saw that you lived in Fl and were getting it from a pharmacy there. I live in Fl as and are looking for a good compounded t cream/gel that I could use. My doc has used plo bases in the past for patients with some success I am assuming, and I have been doing some research on this subject lately and want to get something that is good and matches up with my body/lifestyle..
Hi Bigpete, I've since changed my protocol. I used to use a plo-gel but had transferance problems.

I'm doing EOD shots of test + HCG (keeps the E2 to a minimum), and using t-cream on the nads twice per week for a DHT boost. Also using Aromasin as an AI now. SO far, this has been my best TRT protocol, but unsustainable since levels are way too high. New labs coming within the next week on this.

Here is my weekly protocol, which I mean to tweak soon as it's a lil high on everything. I wouldn't suggest people to do this long-term, but right now I feel great on it.

~250mg test-prop per week (50mg eod)
~750-1000iu HCG (250iu eod)
24mg aromasin eod (started with 12.5mg eod)
Small dab of 5% t-cream to the nads twice per week

I'm kind of high on everything, but dropping down soon when I get the results of the new labs. I want to see where the ratios are at, and lower them accordingly. The above isn't really sustainable TRT... BUT has been insane on libido and helped me through a rough patch with the major dopamine boost.

Also switching clinics to a local one soon. I'm in NYC, not FL. My previous clinic was in FL. Not into long distance clinics anymore, although I've gotten pretty good at self-observation now. I prefer Dr's who I can visit/consult with on the fly when needed.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Hi Bigpete, I've since changed my protocol. I used to use a plo-gel but had transferance problems.

I'm doing EOD shots of test + HCG (keeps the E2 to a minimum), and using t-cream on the nads twice per week for a DHT boost. Also using Aromasin as an AI now. SO far, this has been my best TRT protocol, but unsustainable since levels are way too high. New labs coming within the next week on this.

Here is my weekly protocol, which I mean to tweak soon as it's a lil high on everything. I wouldn't suggest people to do this long-term, but right now I feel great on it.

~250mg test-prop per week (50mg eod)
~750-1000iu HCG (250iu eod)
24mg aromasin eod (started with 12.5mg eod)
Small dab of 5% t-cream to the nads twice per week

I'm kind of high on everything, but dropping down soon when I get the results of the new labs. I want to see where the ratios are at, and lower them accordingly. The above isn't really sustainable TRT... BUT has been insane on libido and helped me through a rough patch with the major dopamine boost.

Also switching clinics to a local one soon. I'm in NYC, not FL. My previous clinic was in FL. Not into long distance clinics anymore, although I've gotten pretty good at self-observation now. I prefer Dr's who I can visit/consult with on the fly when needed.
You know if you are under Dr O you will be tested perodically for T levels so just giving you a heads up off cycling things as this is not medical practice and will result in determination :) He is very flexible on dosing and is ok with aromasin being used as we are moving away from adex due to the bad effect it has on lipids and also gh levels.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I know ;-) I'm planning on lowering this myself as soon as I get the labs, then will be switching clinics as soon as I figure out if I'm staying in the US or not. May be moving back to Canada, but only slight chance of that.

My first TRT protocol used to be 200mg test-cyp per week (Dr supervised) plus 500iu HCG twice per week. Too much E2 that time around.. and not enough DHT. When I switched to prop this time around after coming off creams, I did it for less E2 conversion, and went to 250 for more DHT, but TOTALLY forgot that test-prop has a much higher concentration of T because of the ester weight.. was my first time with prop and forgot this knowledge. I think what I'm on is closer to around 280mg test-cyp weekly. I've kept to the protocol because I want to see what my levels are at with this specific combination because everything feels good, so I know the proper ratio to bring it down by for each med...had my local doc (GP) runs full labs last week + CBC, lipids, etc.

Great news about the aromasin. It's the main thing I was concerned about. Labs every 3 months would be great to see where things are at (if they're all covered by my Aetna PPO plan).

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I know ;-) I'm planning on lowering this myself as soon as I get the labs, then will be switching clinics as soon as I figure out if I'm staying in the US or not. May be moving back to Canada, but only slight chance of that.

My first TRT protocol used to be 200mg test-cyp per week (Dr supervised) plus 500iu HCG twice per week. Too much E2 that time around.. and not enough DHT. When I switched to prop this time around after coming off creams, I did it for less E2 conversion, and went to 250 for more DHT, but TOTALLY forgot that test-prop has a much higher concentration of T because of the ester weight.. was my first time with prop and forgot this knowledge. I think what I'm on is closer to around 280mg test-cyp weekly. I've kept to the protocol because I want to see what my levels are at with this specific combination because everything feels good, so I know the proper ratio to bring it down by for each med...had my local doc (GP) runs full labs last week + CBC, lipids, etc.

Great news about the aromasin. It's the main thing I was concerned about. Labs every 3 months would be great to see where things are at (if they're all covered by my Aetna PPO plan).
Sounds like a game plan..