Androgel - very confused

C

cheezscott

Awards
Got prescribed Androgel today, first its exp as hell. Im confused about the benefits. I have a 6 to1 T to E and have trouble getting super lean, mass is not a problem. Im worried taking this Im going to balloon up rather than cut. It seems results are split 50/50% Is that because DHT getting increased??Please help.

U

Unclebuck

Awards
I'm not sure exactly what you mean by balloon up. I've seen people on a buttload of test who were pretty lean and I've seen others who were just plain massive and puffy. I don't subscribe to the theory that one drug will bulk you and another will cut you. Alot of this started because some drugs cause you to retain more water than others. Anyway, my answer is this. Your diet is going to determine which way you go, not the Androgel itself. You will get some benefit if you are bringing your levels way up from where they were. Otherwise, it's pretty much accepted that Androgel in prescribed dosages does very little for muscle growth. I hate to disappoint you but I fear this is going to be a non event unless you get creative . Good luck

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Got prescribed Androgel today, first its exp as hell. Im confused about the benefits. I have a 6 to1 T to E and have trouble getting super lean, mass is not a problem. Im worried taking this Im going to balloon up rather than cut. It seems results are split 50/50% Is that because DHT getting increased??Please help.
yeap is expensive but if you have insurance maybe pay less

C

cheezscott

Awards
yeah its still like 90 a tube though, even with good insurance. I know diet and excise are key. You just read about people getting their T up over a 10/0 and having a lot easier time getting lean...

C

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ditch the androgel and get Test Cyp injections every 2-3 weeks. Androgel is sticky, doesn't absorb, and all the patients I have that use it, still have low levels even with it.

Mike

U

Unclebuck

Awards
Bravo. Excellent idea. Even better if you can get the vial and give them yourself.

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ditch the androgel and get Test Cyp injections every 2-3 weeks. Androgel is sticky, doesn't absorb, and all the patients I have that use it, still have low levels even with it.

Mike
I agree. Get injectable test for TRT. Hopefully the androseries will be out soon and you won't have to stick yourself for TRT any more. Or rub nasty creams on that could very likely rub of on others around you... :147:

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Not going to happen. I had hope for the andro series but I gave up. Phytoserm by RLS supps is a good option too.

C

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bravo. Excellent idea. Even better if you can get the vial and give them yourself.
Lol that would be much cheaper than watson test cyp pharma grade.

Mike

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
under my insurance plan a 10 ml 200mg per ml vial of test cyp cost $8. the syringes are not covered for some reason and cost a whopping .20c.

C

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
under my insurance plan a 10 ml 200mg per ml vial of test cyp cost $8. the syringes are not covered for some reason and cost a whopping .20c.
Are you serious? I never looked into it because at 22, a doc is not prescribing me that lol, but on AAS boards, everyone complains that even with good insurance, its like 90 bucks. I have never seen anyone state it really less than that!!

You taught me something new or there insurance blows! :)

Mike

P

PumpDogg

Awards
  • Established
I love me some androgel. I've used it for years. Its true it doesn't absorb well in some patients. Myself, I keep test levels between 900-1000 on 10 grams a day.. I also work with bout 12 guys who are all on it and love it the same

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Are you serious? I never looked into it because at 22, a doc is not prescribing me that lol, but on AAS boards, everyone complains that even with good insurance, its like 90 bucks. I have never seen anyone state it really less than that!!

You taught me something new or there insurance blows! :)

Mike
pfizer is the brand-my guess is that the pfizer is either considered a generic or else those guys are going to clinics and not regular docs and are getting ripped off. my primay physician gave me my script, i have heard of clinics where you have to buy from them.

C

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
pfizer is the brand-my guess is that the pfizer is either considered a generic or else those guys are going to clinics and not regular docs and are getting ripped off. my primay physician gave me my script, i have heard of clinics where you have to buy from them.
good point, very well could be!

Mike

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
good point, very well could be!

Mike
back in the day there were shady docs who would prescribe amphetamines-only catch was you had to buy from them in their in house 'pharmacy'-and of course their price was jacked. could be the same thing with your buddys test being so high???

Presa

Presa

Awards
  • Established
Ditch the androgel for Testim. Proven 40 percent better absorption !! Look it up.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Ditch the androgel for Testim. Proven 40 percent better absorption !! Look it up.
lol-test cyp injection....look it up.:biggthumpup:

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Only if you use a 21 gauge needle ;)
hardcore-ive used 20gauge 1 1/2 inch when they have been out of 21's. there is some sting involved, lol.

SufferingEd

SufferingEd

Awards
  • Established
This what I've been on since 2006. It has kept my levels in the 900 range no problem. Absorbs well too. I've heard taking shots three times a week tends to give you a roller coaster ride, levels up when given shot and slowly go down in between shots. Just what I've heard, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I like testim myself. But just like supplements, everyones make up is different what works for some may not work for others.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
This what I've been on since 2006. It has kept my levels in the 900 range no problem. Absorbs well too. I've heard taking shots three times a week tends to give you a roller coaster ride, levels up when given shot and slowly go down in between shots. Just what I've heard, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I like testim myself. But just like supplements, everyones make up is different what works for some may not work for others.
3 shots a week??? my doc originally had me on 400mg every 2 weeks-i changed it to 200 weekly. average life of test cyp is around 12 days.

sorry-you were given bad info-there is absolutely no need to inject test cyp 3xweek.

U

Unclebuck

Awards
Big T. don't forget about propionate which is 2-3 times a week. However, I haven't heard that name in awhile. That's a sweet dose for TRT. Most docs here won't go over 200 every few weeks.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Big T. don't forget about propionate which is 2-3 times a week. However, I haven't heard that name in awhile. That's a sweet dose for TRT. Most docs here won't go over 200 every few weeks.
i thought he was talking about trt-never heard of propionate being prescribed for trt???

it gets even better-my script is for a 10ml 200mg per ml bottle EVERY MONTH-how is that for saweeet.:poke:

SufferingEd

SufferingEd

Awards
  • Established
3 shots a week??? my doc originally had me on 400mg every 2 weeks-i changed it to 200 weekly. average life of test cyp is around 12 days.

sorry-you were given bad info-there is absolutely no need to inject test cyp 3xweek.
No need to apologize. I was just going off of what I heard. Glad the once a week shot is working for you. :biggthumpup:

D

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
Two or even more shots per week help some HRT patients because it can cause less aromatization to estrogen.
However, he is incorrect that frequent shots cause the roller coaster effect. Injections done every two or three weeks is what causes the roller coaster effect due to testoserone levels dropping too low between injections.
Once a week should be the minimum frequency needed to prevent test from going to low between injections.

D

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
If it absorbs well for you, then the increase in both testosterone and DHT will help you drop bodyfat. When I was on it, it cost me $246 a month after insurance. If you are paying less consider yourself lucky.

IF your doctor will prescribe it, injections are the cheapest way to go. Some doctors refuse because of the stigma attached to prescribing steroids. Transdermals are just least likely to be abused. It's almost impossible.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Two or even more shots per week help some HRT patients because it can cause less aromatization to estrogen.
However, he is incorrect that frequent shots cause the roller coaster effect. Injections done every two or three weeks is what causes the roller coaster effect due to testoserone levels dropping too low between injections.
Once a week should be the minimum frequency needed to prevent test from going to low between injections.
injecting every 5 days seems perfectly reasonable, but 3 injections within 7 days on test cyp seems extreme to me.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
injecting every 5 days seems perfectly reasonable, but 3 injections within 7 days on test cyp seems extreme to me.
You need to get up to date on proper HRT methods. The lower and more frequent the shot the less fluctuation in e2 due to more stable levels.
We have many guys including my self who were on AI and now do not need them any more.

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
You need to get up to date on proper HRT methods. The lower and more frequent the shot the less fluctuation in e2 due to more stable levels.
We have many guys including my self who were on AI and now do not need them any more.
Do you have any literature, prescribing information or articles expanding on this theory, I just talked to a guy who recently got on shots and hes getting 1 200mg cyp every 2 weeks, and I told him hes in for a roller coaster ride.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
how often and how much are you injecting?

i am always open for better results.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
how often and how much are you injecting?

i am always open for better results.
In our patients we usually inject 2 times a week to keep levels stable in the average person. With people that have higher e2 and lower SHBG EOD injections are a better option. I have been using this with our patients for over 4 years with great results reducing the need for AI which can cause decreases in igf-1, and changes in lipid panel with some people. We also use hcg inbetween dosages at low dosages just stimulate the LH with least amount of e2 increase.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
In our patients we usually inject 2 times a week to keep levels stable in the average person. With people that have higher e2 and lower SHBG EOD injections are a better option. I have been using this with our patients for over 4 years with great results reducing the need for AI which can cause decreases in igf-1, and changes in lipid panel with some people. We also use hcg inbetween dosages at low dosages just stimulate the LH with least amount of e2 increase.
my estrogen is in the mid to low range, and i haven't been using hcg-do you think i will see a benefit at every 3 days versus every 7 days?

i started trt 8/28/09 and test has gone from double digits up to the 700 range. i am afraid if it goes any higher my doc will reduce dosage.