New to injections

trendyhipster

Awards
I have recently been placed on Test Cyp injections (.35 whatevers twice per week). I am wondering how I should plan my comeback. Should I start lifting to gain muscle, should I just try to lose the weight through cardio or diet? It is my understanding that Test is great for building muscle - but putting on any weight is not really a goal.

I really need to lose a lot of weight. My main psychological block is that when I unknowingly had low T, I would get (can't get out of bed) sick several times a year from working out/running, so now I am really afraid of overdoing it and getting really sick again.

Current weight: 245
Current BF: 39%

Goal weight: 190
Goal BF: <20%

Here a brief background of my story. I am 31 years old and have unknowingly had low T for probably at least 5-6 years. By chance, I got tested about 6 months ago and learned that my levels were extremely low (199). My body is capable of producing T at good levels, but the drugs necessary to make it happen make me emotionally volatile.

Somebody point me in the right direction so that I can get my body back.

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
I would lift weights along with the cardio just because when you start losing weight, you are also canibalizing muscle.
Your TRT is designed to replace normal levels of testosterone. That will improve immune funtion, so you should notice that you aren't getting sick as often. However, your doctor is not prescribing the amount necessary to build large amounts of muscle.
Since your bodyfat is so high, it would be nice to know what your estradiol levels look like, but losing weight will help prevent that testosterone from aromitizing to estrogen.

Presa

Presa

Awards
  • Established
Most current info supports about a 70/30 split, weights to cardio. Old school was do only cardio to lose weight. Its just the opposite building more muscle, allows you to burn more calories. Get to it and stick to it!!!

Last edited: