High dose Choline vs TMG + SAMe

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've recently started taking a high dose of choline everyday. Around 5-10 grams (while also taking Galantamine twice per week, but unrelated to this thread).

I used to supplement with SAMe and then recently TMG instead, but I've stopped once starting the choline.

Since choline metabolizes into TMG/SAMe, at the doses I'm taking, is it a decent replacement? Or should I keep taking the TMG?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I've recently started taking a high dose of choline everyday. Around 5-10 grams (while also taking Galantamine twice per week, but unrelated to this thread).

I used to supplement with SAMe and then recently TMG instead, but I've stopped once starting the choline.

Since choline metabolizes into TMG/SAMe, at the doses I'm taking, is it a decent replacement? Or should I keep taking the TMG?
TMG just keeps sam-e in check from raising homocysteine levels too high.
eggs are great source of choline, high levels of choline deplete carnitine so be careful.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ok thanks. Should I be taking ALCAR or PLCAR along with it?

Also, I've heard that decent doses of TMG have similar effects to SAMe. I was using it as a methyl donor.

Pavement88

Awards
Is it recommended to take TMG if one is taking SAMe daily ?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was pondering picking up some citicholine for similar reasons.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Yes, to keep homocysteine in check. TMG + P5P + folic acid (I take methyl folate)
I see you are finally getting the hang of this my friend :) You must have had a good teacher HAHA ..Actually watch P5P and this can cause down regulation of methylation. Remember your must baalnce BHMT, CBS, and MS pathways.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I was taking 100mg per day for a looong time, while also taking methylfolate but no sam-e. Was doing this for dopamine support (via P5P) and also methylation support with methylfolate. I've since stopped P5P for about a month now but think I will start again at 50mg pd only, but this time with 800mcg-1.6grams of methylfolate per day. This also gives neurotransmitter support.

How much do you recommend, and do you also recommend breaks?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I was taking 100mg per day for a looong time, while also taking methylfolate but no sam-e. Was doing this for dopamine support (via P5P) and also methylation support with methylfolate. I've since stopped P5P for about a month now but think I will start again at 50mg pd only, but this time with 800mcg-1.6grams of methylfolate per day. This also gives neurotransmitter support.

How much do you recommend, and do you also recommend breaks?
1000 -2000 mgs of folonic acd.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Oh sorry, I meant for P5P, as you said to watch this.
How do you monitor this?

I don't take folonic acid though, I stick to L-methylfolate (metafolin)