Test Cyp & Accutane ok together?

Jason12676

Awards
I am currently on 1cc test cyp/week and just filled a script from the dermatologist for Claravis 20mg/day.

The breakouts were prior to the test and didn't worsen while on the injections. I have tried every prescribed topical and oral antibiotic under the sun to no avail. Even after a biopsy and specific prescribed meds nothing has cleared it up. Accutane is a last resort.

I was curious if there is any side effects or adverse reactions I should be cautious of while taking these meds at the same time.

The derm didn't seem to have an issue with it.

I did a test injection this morning and plan to start the claravis tonight.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Theres no direct sides of using the two together. For the accutane alone be extra careful of any cuts + scratches, since the accutane will have them all healing like crap with excess scar tissue.

Jason12676

Awards
Theres no direct sides of using the two together. For the accutane alone be extra careful of any cuts + scratches, since the accutane will have them all healing like crap with excess scar tissue.
Yikes!! I didnt know about the extra scar tissue...I see your in Tampa - do you use a local HRT Dr?

vudoo

Awards
Should be OK. Accutane just makes your pores smaller. You will get dry skin.
I'm on antibiotics for the acne, but mighty try Accutane later on.

Jason12676

Awards
Should be OK. Accutane just makes your pores smaller. You will get dry skin.
I'm on antibiotics for the acne, but mighty try Accutane later on.
They suggested it a few years back but I was reluctant after learning of the side effects.

I tried every antibiotic on the market over the last 3yrs fighting this stuff - I finally just surrendered to the Accutane.

Hopefully this wont be all for not..

weierstrass

Awards
They suggested it a few years back but I was reluctant after learning of the side effects.

I tried every antibiotic on the market over the last 3yrs fighting this stuff - I finally just surrendered to the Accutane.

Hopefully this wont be all for not..
So, I'm assuming you have already tried Tazorac. Were you not able to tolerate the Tazorac, or was it simply ineffective?

Jason12676

Awards
So, I'm assuming you have already tried Tazorac. Were you not able to tolerate the Tazorac, or was it simply ineffective?
Tazorac and retin a had no effect at all.

I have tried benzaclin and clinda gel as well - neither worked

As far as oral antibiotics just to name a few:

Doxy, arythiamyocin, minocycline, bactrium, ketoconazle as well as their shampoo as a topical .and many MANY others..

If you can think of other meds or topicals I'm sure I have tried them.

I have been fighting taking the accutane for the last 3yrs by trying all other options.

Funny thing is I never had any issues with breakouts until just 3 maybe 4yrs ago..it just showed up..

Nothing has worked for me...I reluctantly took my 1st accutane pill a few hrs ago.

Accutane is really the last stop for me.

This stuff isn't cheap - I have a high deduct insurance plan and the cheapist I found it was at Sam's $215 for a 30day supply of 20mg Claravis.

Not to mention the monthly visits to the derm and blood work..

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
brutal on the liver though so if your taking test please dont add another compound(methylated) to the mix. i took acc about 23 years ago. best thing i ever did cause nothing was working. within months pimples were just drying up and falling off of me. never had any real breakouts after treatment either which was a big bonus

Jason12676

Awards
brutal on the liver though so if your taking test please dont add another compound(methylated) to the mix. i took acc about 23 years ago. best thing i ever did cause nothing was working. within months pimples were just drying up and falling off of me. never had any real breakouts after treatment either which was a big bonus
I'm not sure what a methylated is....but I plan not to take anything in addition to the test cyp and accutane...

Thanks for the encouraging words, it makes me feel better about my decision!! :)

weierstrass

Awards
Tazorac and retin a had no effect at all.

I have tried benzaclin and clinda gel as well - neither worked

As far as oral antibiotics just to name a few:

Doxy, arythiamyocin, minocycline, bactrium, ketoconazle as well as their shampoo as a topical .and many MANY others..

If you can think of other meds or topicals I'm sure I have tried them.

I have been fighting taking the accutane for the last 3yrs by trying all other options.

Funny thing is I never had any issues with breakouts until just 3 maybe 4yrs ago..it just showed up..

Nothing has worked for me...I reluctantly took my 1st accutane pill a few hrs ago.

Accutane is really the last stop for me.

This stuff isn't cheap - I have a high deduct insurance plan and the cheapist I found it was at Sam's $215 for a 30day supply of 20mg Claravis.

Not to mention the monthly visits to the derm and blood work..
The accutane will probably cause no long term problems for you. It will also do it's job well. When I was 16, my dermatologist was very pro accutane. I came to find out that she herself used it to clear up her own stubborn acne. The skin on her face was absolutely perfect post-accutane. I would have used it myself except that my parents vetoed the idea.

If for some reason the accutane doesn't work, you have one last line of defense: laser/light therapies. They are expensive, but depending on the type of acne you have, they can be very effective.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yikes!! I didnt know about the extra scar tissue...I see your in Tampa - do you use a local HRT Dr?
No, I use a remote one. much more flexible. I had a hard time here finding a local doc who would either prescribe more than 125mg/wk, and couldn't find any who would let you self inject. So paying $30 copay a week to have the doctor inject 1/2ml of testosterone seems retarded.

I was dumb enough to start on accutane 3 days after getting a tattoo, and that tattoo didn't heal right. I realized a few days later thats what it was, and luckily was only at a low dose. About 6 months later now, the tattoo looks ok but still has more raised tissue than any of the others i've ever gotten.

manicstudio

Awards
So I assumed u haven't did any research about accutane...I was wondering y my doctor avoided it until I did some research...there ppl saying that it works wonders then 3 or 4 yrs later they had liver problems and all sorts of unbalances wit they body...I took it with a grain of salt but still kept it in the back of my mind...then I start seeing these recent class action lawsuits bout the drug...happy I didn't use accutane...and u want to use it with a cycle that's nuts...hope u got a good liver support supplement

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
So I assumed u haven't did any research about accutane...I was wondering y my doctor avoided it until I did some research...there ppl saying that it works wonders then 3 or 4 yrs later they had liver problems and all sorts of unbalances wit they body...I took it with a grain of salt but still kept it in the back of my mind...then I start seeing these recent class action lawsuits bout the drug...happy I didn't use accutane...and u want to use it with a cycle that's nuts...hope u got a good liver support supplement
Accutane is one of the most harshest drugs on liver and combined with TRT is a ticking time bomb waiting to go off. It works on the same pathways as propecia and finasteride does. So if you want to mess your self up even more then be my guest. I have a few patient messed up on accutane and it makes working with them more of a challenge because you are dealin with altered liver pathwyas affecting hormone metaboilism mainlt estrogens

Jason12676

Awards
Accutane is one of the most harshest drugs on liver and combined with TRT is a ticking time bomb waiting to go off. It works on the same pathways as propecia and finasteride does. So if you want to mess your self up even more then be my guest. I have a few patient messed up on accutane and it makes working with them more of a challenge because you are dealin with altered liver pathwyas affecting hormone metaboilism mainlt estrogens
Whats the answer then? Should I discontinue the use of test temp or?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Whats the answer then? Should I discontinue the use of test temp or?
i am just providing information that is for your Dr and you to decide..

Jason12676

Awards
i am just providing information that is for your Dr and you to decide..
The derm and pharm seemed to have no issues - I didnt talk to my HRT Dr yet though.

I will call him tomorrow.

As if this **** isnt stressful enough - urghhhh

Ession

Awards
I've been dealing with terrible acne since 13 years of age. I'm 21 now.

I've tried all of the products listed here, aside fro accutane.

My grandparents decided not to let me take it a few years back, that's when I found acne.org. Not a cure per se, but it has subsided most of the acne on my face IF I use it religiously.

But there are so man scars on my face so it makes no difference.

Does anyone know where to order accutane online?

Haha...can't believe I'm still dealing with this. And I'm balding like mad. Sometimes I just want to be reclusive.

bomb402

Awards
Dude you need to drink 6-8 glasses of water a day and drink nothing else and in a month tell me that all your acne is gone. Accutane is a bunch of BS. I had the worst acne on the planet before I ditched soda and sugar junk foods - now the only acne I get is on my back but that is for other reasons.