Nipple Erections

longrob

Awards
I have changed my T and hCG dosage/frequency and also started arimidex. After two weeks, I noticed my nipples are erect for a good part of the day. They are not itchy, sensitive, or painful, but I can defo see them through my shirts.

Is this a sign of too high an E2?
[Saw another post on erect nipples, but no one ever addressed the issue]

-Rob

Moeller

Moeller

Awards
This could be indicative of high oxcytocin levels (which control the smooth muscles controlling nipple erections). Oxcyocin levels are increased by high estrogen... you also might want to start throwing in 20mg nolva into the mix

Estrogen stimulates oxytocin gene expression in human chorio-decidua
R Chibbar, S Wong, FD Miller and BF Mitchell
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada.

"In this report, we present results from investigations into the effects of estrogen and progesterone on the synthesis of OT by human chorio-decidua. Using an in vitro incubation system, estradiol at physiological concentrations more than doubled the concentration of OT mRNA. This was reflected by an increase in the amount of OT peptide secreted into the medium."

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
I noticed this while on arimidex, I would guess its due to lower E2.

triton185

triton185

Awards
  • Established
I have changed my T and hCG dosage/frequency and also started arimidex. After two weeks, I noticed my nipples are erect for a good part of the day. They are not itchy, sensitive, or painful, but I can defo see them through my shirts.

Is this a sign of too high an E2?
[Saw another post on erect nipples, but no one ever addressed the issue]

-Rob
Mine are like this a lot.....my kids pick on me sometimes......never thought of it as an issue

ReBilly

ReBilly

Awards
my trt doc gave me nolva for this, said its usually is the first sign of gyno, told me to pop a pill if I feel anything, else, pop one every three days

3djedi

Awards
Doesn't arimidex and nolvadex do the same thing?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Doesn't arimidex and nolvadex do the same thing?
Completely different class of drug.

Nolva=SERM (selective estrogen receptor modulator)
Arimidex=AI (aromatase inhibitor)

longrob

Awards
What concerns me is that this might be one of the first signs of gyno (never had it). Lasted for 3 days, but has abated for now. I believe 0.25 mg arimidex twice a week should be sufficient. Blood test will be in 4 weeks.
-Rob

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
I dont think its the 1st signs of gyno?
Gyno gives your puffy nipples, small nipples is the opposite, and arimidex can reduce gyno just not as effectively as nolva.