Prostate help

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.85%

Prostate help

Hi guys... I don't know what to think. I have been having prostate problems for about 1 year. I have a constant burn in what feels like my prostate... it is made worse by ejaculation. I went to the urologist 3 months ago and he thought that I had prostatitis - gave me 3 weeks Bactrim - problem went away or a little while and returned. I went back to see him and he told me that I definitely have an enlarged prostate and not prostatitis. Can BPH cause my prostate to CONSTANTLY BURN? I have no STDs and no UTI but I feel lie I am in a liing hell... worst part is that I am not even 30 years old! He gave me Proscar and an anti-inflammatory (which doesn't do s**t)... I'm on all the herbal stuff but nothing is working. I will add that I have taken anabolic steroids recently (please don't give me a lecture), but I haven't really found any research linking steroids to increased prostate volume. I've actually found the contrary to be true in terms of PSA scores, but no study on volume. My urologist KNOWS this and didn't seem overly concerned. I havent been off the drugs for very longs, but if they were causing the prostate to enlarge, could it be TEMPORARY and when the high levels of DHT and estrogen are removed for adequate time, it will shrink?

I've had PSA tests done and they have always been in the 1.5 range...

Anyone ever have these types of issues from either cycling or HRT?

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.79%

Certain steroids cause my prostate to enlarge, but the problem goes away very quickly (thank god) when I go off.

I sympathize.
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.85%

Quote Originally Posted by BIG R View Post
    Certain steroids cause my prostate to enlarge, but the problem goes away very quickly (thank god) when I go off.

I sympathize.
    Thanks Big R... its odd as I am only on 400mg of test EW and .25mg of arimidex e3d day. I could imagine tren or masteron doing this, but 400mg of test per week! Looks like my cyclin days are over... very sad.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.74%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

"I will add that I have taken anabolic steroids recently"

"its odd as I am only on 400mg of test EW and .25mg of arimidex e3d day".

i guess recently in your 1st post mean now lol. mine was acting up on 500mg and andro hard. dropped the ah and no probs since. good luck
  5. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.15%
    Achievements Posting Pro

You probably do have prostatitis.. I had it for a long time before it went away. I was taking Ephedrine as well - which made things ten times worse. I could bearly sit. Testosterone isn't going to help. When I'm on test, my PSA goes up. When I come off, it goes down...
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  261 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.29%

Trinovin is a natural isoflavone dietary supplement that can maintain normal prostate and urinary function.

Trinovin is formulated from red clover (biological name Trifolium pratense). As well as being an approved foodstuff, red clover is a legume that is one of the richest sources of isoflavones found in nature. Red clover contains all four of the most important isoflavones that are present in Asian, Mediterranean and Latin American diets, namely biochanin A, formononetin, daidzein and genistein. Trinovin is standardised to contain 40mg of isoflavones.
    Almost all men will suffer from prostate problems at one point or another in life. In some cultures men maintain prostate health better than others. Research suggests this may be due to an increased level of isoflavones, from legumes in their diet. Trinovin helps maintain prostate health through its use of Red Clover isoflavones.

Also, saw palmetto at high dosages promotes prostate health.

I agree that the testosterone will not make it any better for you.
    **** Line @ NUTRAPLANET

All posts are for entertainment purposes only.

Need2slin... NOM NOM NOM :yup:
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.74%

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernCharm View Post
    Trinovin is a natural isoflavone dietary supplement that can maintain normal prostate and urinary function.

Trinovin is formulated from red clover (biological name Trifolium pratense). As well as being an approved foodstuff, red clover is a legume that is one of the richest sources of isoflavones found in nature. Red clover contains all four of the most important isoflavones that are present in Asian, Mediterranean and Latin American diets, namely biochanin A, formononetin, daidzein and genistein. Trinovin is standardised to contain 40mg of isoflavones.
    Almost all men will suffer from prostate problems at one point or another in life. In some cultures men maintain prostate health better than others. Research suggests this may be due to an increased level of isoflavones, from legumes in their diet. Trinovin helps maintain prostate health through its use of Red Clover isoflavones.

Also, saw palmetto at high dosages promotes prostate health.

I agree that the testosterone will not make it any better for you.
    there is argument against this. lets say 18 year old kid test-900-1100 with no prostate problems as compared to 55 year old guy test 200-400 with prostate issues. just sayin and theres lots of info on it out there
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.85%

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Tolerance View Post
    You probably do have prostatitis.. I had it for a long time before it went away. I was taking Ephedrine as well - which made things ten times worse. I could bearly sit. Testosterone isn't going to help. When I'm on test, my PSA goes up. When I come off, it goes down...
    My doctor said that prostatitis and BPH feel different during a rectal exam. He definitively said that it was enlargement and not prostatis... unless crhonic prostatitis can cause the prostate to swell in way that is different from infection.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.59%

chronic inflammation does mimic BPH. most people I have spoken to have lessened symptoms of your condition when your test levels are elevated within normal high range. don't worry about the test because you may be justified for trt therapy anyway because a inflamed prostate causes your test levels to drop .
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.85%

Quote Originally Posted by fanzdslpwr View Post
    chronic inflammation does mimic BPH. most people I have spoken to have lessened symptoms of your condition when your test levels are elevated within normal high range. don't worry about the test because you may be justified for trt therapy anyway because a inflamed prostate causes your test levels to drop .
    My natural levels are within the upper end of normal ranges around 700 or so... that was 3 years ago though... whether I can get those numbers back... that is a good question. I do not want TRT therapy. I don't have childen yet.
  11. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.15%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Try Betasitosterol. It's worked for me in the past..
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.57%

I have also have BPH. I have tried most of the normal recommendations Beta Sitosterol, Saw Palmetto, etc. none of them really provided much relief. Recently I began using Diesel Test Pro, two tabs on an empty stomach first thing in the morning. Low and behold I am sleeping through the night for the first time in years and I can pee like a teenager. I'm not sure what is helping for sure may be the DHEA or the Pregnenalone. It could be the nettle root but whatever it is it seems to be helping.
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30%

Try a product called moodmax by the lin institute and if that doesn't get rid of it I know something that will that you can PM me about. Also limit your sex to once a week.
  14. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.48%

I often feel like I need to urinate when I don't, even just after I go. Is this a sign of prostate problems?
  15. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.12%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ambulldog View Post
    there is argument against this. lets say 18 year old kid test-900-1100 with no prostate problems as compared to 55 year old guy test 200-400 with prostate issues. just sayin and theres lots of info on it out there
    The prostate has two growth phases though that are delineated by approx age 25 so the comparison is not really apples to apples.
  16. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.12%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by wontstop985 View Post
    I often feel like I need to urinate when I don't, even just after I go. Is this a sign of prostate problems?
    Prostate issues are a possible cause but it could also be overactive/irritated bladder. You're relatively young so maybe read up on the latter and make the suggested changes (drop caffeine, stimulants, spicy foods, etc) and see if it improves. If not probably best to consult a physician.
  17. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  83 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.75%

I"ve had the same for 4 weeks. I ate 1 pound quickly cooked broccoli daily and it disappeard after one week.
  18. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  174 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.48%

Here's my experience I don't know if it applies to you. I was having prostate problems on an off for about 2yrs. Like you it started out feeling like an infection. i had all of your symptoms. The doctor gave me an exam, and did blood work, PSA's came back fine. After a few weeks it cleared up (i don't remember how long it took). But I continued having some flair-ups peridically. This spring my lifts went into the toilet and after a month or so of this I figured my test range was low (it's been low but until now didn't effect me much). I'm 56 so I don't really need to know why it's low. test came back below normal so the doc put me on 2.5 mg of androgel which is a pretty low dose but since then my prostate has never been better.

So in my case at least so far, TRT has been a cure not a cause. It's my understanding prostate problems can be a result of hormone imbalance which was probably my problem. I've done my share of cycles but they didn't seem to effect things one way or another.

If I were you my next step would be to get your hormone levels checked. I like my doc, he's a good man, but I had to prod him a little to get him to prescribe a blood test to check my hormone levels, so don't depend on you doc to initiate one. Even if you're young and don't have any problems it's a good idea to get a base line so you know what's normal for you.

BTW, I took stuff like saw palmetto, nettle root they didn't help.
  19. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.02%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by jtmarlin View Post
    Hi guys... I don't know what to think. I have been having prostate problems for about 1 year. I have a constant burn in what feels like my prostate... it is made worse by ejaculation. I went to the urologist 3 months ago and he thought that I had prostatitis - gave me 3 weeks Bactrim - problem went away or a little while and returned. I went back to see him and he told me that I definitely have an enlarged prostate and not prostatitis. Can BPH cause my prostate to CONSTANTLY BURN? I have no STDs and no UTI but I feel lie I am in a liing hell... worst part is that I am not even 30 years old! He gave me Proscar and an anti-inflammatory (which doesn't do s**t)... I'm on all the herbal stuff but nothing is working. I will add that I have taken anabolic steroids recently (please don't give me a lecture), but I haven't really found any research linking steroids to increased prostate volume. I've actually found the contrary to be true in terms of PSA scores, but no study on volume. My urologist KNOWS this and didn't seem overly concerned. I havent been off the drugs for very longs, but if they were causing the prostate to enlarge, could it be TEMPORARY and when the high levels of DHT and estrogen are removed for adequate time, it will shrink?

I've had PSA tests done and they have always been in the 1.5 range...

Anyone ever have these types of issues from either cycling or HRT?
    I would look at your complete hormone profiling
    e2
    shbg
    total testosterone
    dht
    progesterone
    thyroid panels
    adrenals

To see where the imbalance may lie.
    DHT is not an issue if your e2 is kept in check

Some times there are modificaitons that need to be made in HRT to reduce the nasty side effects that can occur

Some people like myself have genetic issues that allows there body to convert to more bad estrogen then good estrogen adding havoc to the prostrate despite good e2 numbers.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Prostate
    By kropotkin in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-12-2004, 07:40 PM
  2. prostate on M1T
    By bryanj in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-15-2003, 04:40 PM