please help me help a friend stop trt, janz please respond also

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
thank you for anyone who responds to this. im trying to convince my buddy to stop what he is doing immediately. maybe if enough people give good insight he will listen. hes dealing with a reputable hrt clinic in philly. hes spent a ton of money with them already and his monthly installment for treatment is $1100 which includes bw, supps, test etc. anyways he has told me he doesnt want to do this for the rest of his life. he wants a boost in the gym. i told him you dont even wo and he said hes gonna start. heres his bw with "their" ranges

-cortisol- <22, 15.7
-tt- 700-900, 613(low)
-free-130-190, 92.7(low)
-%free- 1-2.7, 1.51
-dht- 25-75, 42
-lh- 1.5-9.3, 7
-estradoil high sensitivity- 10-29, 31(high)
-dhea sulfate- 250-350, 106(low)
-psa- 0-4, 1.6
-igf-1- 173
-tsh- .4-5.5, 1.72
-t-3 free- 230-420, 283
-t-4 free non dialysis- .8-1.8, 1.1

so they have prescribed him 125mg/week cyp, .25adex 2x/weekly, dhea 75mg/day and a host of vitamins etc.

i dont know what else to say to the guy. ive been honest and forward with him but he needs to get it through his head he doesnt need this, at least i dont think so

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
btw he is 43

spinn

Awards
  • Established
Nice of you to help. Tell him taking test will actually lower his test and explain why. Also tell him with low test he will wish he were dead, end up sitting in the corner of a dark room crying by himself, unable or unwilling to have sex.

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
Is he on TRT because he was not originally making enough on his own? It would be helpful to see comprehensive lab work taken before he started treatment. Otherwise, it will be difficult for any of us to intelligently comment in detail.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
TRT is not only for the workout savy individual, but for any male that wants an overall boost.. Now at his test levels now and him not wanting to be on TRT for life, he really should reconsider getting on. Tell him when he decides to get off TRT his T levels will be lower than they are now. So if he gets on, he should stay on..

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
Nice of you to help. Tell him taking test will actually lower his test and explain why. Also tell him with low test he will wish he were dead, end up sitting in the corner of a dark room crying by himself, unable or unwilling to have sex.
thats his lab work above, pre trt(he has only actually started last week with 1 shot which is why im trying to stop him now). tt 615 i would hardly call low

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You seriously need to stop making statements like this. There are millions of men with clinically low testosterone that function very well in every aspect of life. There are also millions of men with clinically normal testosterone that are dysfunctional in many aspects of life. Your statement is simply ridiculous.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
$1100 per month is ridiculously high. I know another clinic which has that cost for maybe 4 months worth of treatment. PM me for details if you would like, I am sure it's a more affordable option. But your friend's test levels seem fine. He can probably optimize his e2, etc and it would help him out. Plenty of other ways to get a boost in the gym. Doing cycles or TRT when you're over 30 raises the chances of having to rely on TRT for life.

spinn

Awards
  • Established
You seriously need to stop making statements like this. There are millions of men with clinically low testosterone that function very well in every aspect of life. There are also millions of men with clinically normal testosterone that are dysfunctional in many aspects of life. Your statement is simply ridiculous.
My exaggeration was for effect, which seems to of eluded you. There are not millions of men with testosterone levels below 200 leading healthy happy lives; in fact, I would challenge you to find one.

I was placed on trt as a mistake, and now must spend the rest of my life looking for drs to give me medicine that the govt treats as more dangerous than cocaine. TRT is a mistake if not needed. The ops friend is making a huge mistake. It surprises when some here tacitly encourage it.

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
T-gel shut me down and took my TT from baseline 450 to 200. Now I use HCG mono and stay 800-900 consistently.

600-TT is fine, but FT is low and this is more important. We're missing some pieces of the puzzle, like SHBG and albumin to accurately calculate FT.

With E2 high he could try arimidex by itself, which will cause natural testosterone to increase without needing TRT... but it doesn't look too high. Again, need to know SHBG for optimal E2 level.

spinn

Awards
  • Established
Good to hear lean guy. Mind if I ask how much and how often you take HCG? I am on cream and around 700. Unfortunately my dr "doesnt do hcg". Its always something lol.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My exaggeration was for effect, which seems to of eluded you. There are not millions of men with testosterone levels below 200 leading healthy happy lives; in fact, I would challenge you to find one.
No one ever stated a value. Why would a male leading a healthy happy life know one way or the other if he had low testosterone if there were no reason to suspect it or test for it. Low end testosterone does not mandate a miserable existance. I'm being reasonable for effect, which seems to have eluded you.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Tell him test can reduce leutinizing hormone, which can take away his ability to get an erection.

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
Good to hear lean guy. Mind if I ask how much and how often you take HCG? I am on cream and around 700. Unfortunately my dr "doesnt do hcg". Its always something lol.
HCG 200iu EOD. Creams seem to raise my DHT only.

longrob

Awards
HCG 200iu EOD. Creams seem to raise my DHT only.
Hi Leanguy,
Good to see you have stabilized your HRT with great results.
I read with interest your old (long) thread hCG Monotherapy where you had been experimenting for awhile with different results.
How did you finally settle on 200iu EOD resulting in 800 TT?
-Rob