HRT advise - Too Soon??? - AnabolicMinds.com

HRT advise - Too Soon???

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  185 lbs.

Question HRT advise - Too Soon???

Hi guys, Im in my mid 30s and was recently offered by my Dr to go on HRT.
    Long story short Im going to be having shoulder surgery this week and had some blood done a few weeks ago. I requested T & IGF levels be tested as well. My Dr is very "pro HRT" and my levels came back just below his "normal" range.
    I have been given the option for T cyp inj with deca if I want. He said I would be running it concurrent with arimidex and hcg and could basically run this the rest of my life.
    At first I'm thinking I struck gold, but the more I think about it the more I dont like the idea of having to be dependent on T.
    For those on HRT - will this permanently shut down my natural production for good?
    Once you go HRT you cant go back???
    If not, how long can you go before your body wont produce any longer???

Thanks....

2. Advanced Member

Have you checked thyroid and adrenal function as well? They generally affect testosterone levels. And as a general rule, once you start you are on it for life and re starting natural production is unlikely.
  3. Registered User

The shutdown isnt permenent, whether you should start it or not all depends on how you feel?

I dont know why he is wanting to prescribe Deca though, that doesnt have a place in HRT.
    •   

4. New Member

Need to also check zinc, and 25-hydroxy (vitamin D) - both needed for testosterone production.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  185 lbs.

I will be having a complete blood work up if I chose to go this route, thanks for the advise though.
    The deca was offered up offered up for "therapeutic joint discomfort."
    Again, my Dr is a great guy and very "pro" HRT, and if I go this route he will make sure it's done right......but just to be certain I will be posting here for assurance

I'm not committing to this just yet until I'm more educated with it. The thought of it does sound good though.....

Thanks for the continued advise / thoughts...
  6. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by fishn4life View Post
    I will be having a complete blood work up if I chose to go this route, thanks for the advise though.
    The deca was offered up offered up for "therapeutic joint discomfort."
    Again, my Dr is a great guy and very "pro" HRT, and if I go this route he will make sure it's done right......but just to be certain I will be posting here for assurance

I'm not committing to this just yet until I'm more educated with it. The thought of it does sound good though.....

Thanks for the continued advise / thoughts...
    Ask for the list of tests on my post #44 page #2, here, between blue lines:

Jan's BloodTest April13/2007

make sure that your iron is ok

7. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  185 lbs.

thx janSz, i will look into this. This will help when I go back.
    Seems there is different opinions on production of natural T coming back once HRT is started. Anyone out there that was borderline low t, and decided to go hrt - but later regretted it?
  8. New Member

Fishn4life, about your question regarding regret...

Yes and no. I was not borderline, I was quite low on T. So I'm glad I'm being treated. On the other hand, knowing what I know now, I may have gone about it a different way.

When my T was low my LH was also low. This seems like my pituitary may not have been working, and I could be classified as secondary hypo. However, my estradiol was also in the upper part of the range before starting TRT. Elevated estradiol can suppress LH production.

My point is, controling my estradiol from the beginning may have raised both my LH and testosterone to good normal numbers.

To see if my body will react this way now, I'd have to go off TRT and feel crummy for awhile, hoping I would restart naturally (I will never take Clomid), and then treat the estradiol. Maybe later down the road I'll try it.

Here's an article discussing aromatase inhibition in men with low testostone, with the effect being raising testosterone: http://jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/con...l/89/3/1174%29
  9. DT5
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

if you need a good doc/clinic PM me. no in doc office visits, and probably cheaper than what you are using right now.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Please advise on how to run this...
    By tallbikerguy in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-01-2010, 06:42 PM
  2. Advise?
    By Mydoc in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-18-2009, 06:03 PM
  3. Need to get big, Please advise.
    By bobbyb in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13