overtraining ... help !!!

tzotzos

Awards
Hello ,
i come from a really small country (this means i have very little medical help) and during this summer i experienced a lot of stress due to my work and , being an amateur athlete in 2 sports (i practiced while working 11 hours a day) , i become overtrained (chronic fatigue , headaches , diziness , unrefreshing sleep , exercise intolerance , panic attacks , a lot of stress ...)Well to make a long story short , i had some difficult times during this months not being able to calm myself and having no help from doctors and i finally made some exams in Germany ... Saliva(x3) and urine(one) for neurotransmitters and cortisol-dhea ... I found out i have out of range values for - evening cortisol (sky rocketing) , serotonin ( very low ) , dopamine (low) , norandrenaline (low)...
The rest of the catecholamines-neurotranmitter-hormone panel were in range and "good" i suppose ... Now i know that you can't tottaly rely on these tests (although i 've found the cortisol high in a blood test too) but being already using Valdoxan (agomelatine) 1,5 month now with no results i would like to switch it to a serotonin - dopamine inhibitor ...
I don't know if i am writing in the right section of the forum , but i would be very happy if you could mention the name of a certain inhibitor so i can discuss it with my doctor... Also if you could mention some "tips" to get over this situation ... For example i know that if i calm myself then cortisol will follow , but i also noticed that relora plex supplement can help a little ... I searched for zma but i couldn't find any so i am open to your approaches
i am waiting ... thanks

spinn

Awards
  • Established
3 grams of GABA before bed was very calming for me, but you have to start slowly, like 1 gram for a week, then 2 for a week then 3.

Also, 5 htp is a precursor for serotonin and crosses the blood brain barrier. Tryptophan also helps serotinin but does not cross the blood brain barrier.

tzotzos

Awards
my friend , do you know if a protein / BCCA supplement will meet the needs of my body for tryptophan , tyrosine and 5htp ? Or i should get a specific supplement?

spinn

Awards
  • Established
my friend , do you know if a protein / BCCA supplement will meet the needs of my body for tryptophan , tyrosine and 5htp ? Or i should get a specific supplement?
Gaba and trytophan are both amino acids. If it were me, i would take what appears to be lacking, if it doesn't work in a month or so, just stop.

tzotzos

Awards
What time of the day should it be for 5 htp ? I found some 100mg tablets and i am thinking about spliting it and take half in the afternoon (empty stomach)- half before sleep and then adjust ....

spinn

Awards
  • Established
What time of the day should it be for 5 htp ? I found some 100mg tablets and i am thinking about spliting it and take half in the afternoon (empty stomach)- half before sleep and then adjust ....
No, you are supposed to take it before bed.

b555

Awards
hi tzotzos
i think that i have the same problem plus weakness in my legs (limping) when i drink a lot sugar or carbs its better
i will be happy to hear how you deal with the OT

thanks in advance
moshe

MacWanted

Awards
  • Established
Try DTH from Get diesel. I have got a strong fatigue last year that I think was due to stress and DTH saved my life, really... got this fatigue back last week and again DTH helps me a lot.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
VersatileGG Supplements 55
Ryan303 Injury / Rehab 4
pdx89 Training Forum 5
35 and Older 15
Training Forum 1