Seen Vericocele threads none answer my question. Help!

J

jrvswim

Awards
I have been lifting for a while but never really got as big as I thought I would given how much I worked out. I got my testosterone tested and it was really low like the 300's. The doctor recommended my large vericocele to be removed, before trying any hormone therapy. Which I guess makes sense. Anyways I had the surgery, and things have not gone as expected. I know tons of people on this site have had the surgery, please give me advice best on your experience.

The approach for the surgery was the "sublingual approach". It was made by a small incision towards the top of the scrotum. It has been nearly two weeks since the surgery, the varicocele has not gone away yet. I asked my doctor why this was he said it can take a while for the blood in the tied off veins to be reabsorbed in your body. Has anyone every had this type of vericocele surgery before? How long until the vericocele went away? I have not noticed any significant changes. I know sometimes the surgeries are not successful. Does it seem like that is a possibility. I would love to hear about others experiences and what results they got and how long it took for them to see the vericocele grow significantly smaller/go away.

I am desperate to know if my vericocele is just taking a while to go away or teh surgery failed. My surgeon doesn't seem that concerned so far. On a side note, I swelled (and still am swollen) with blood clots that supposively go away over time. It has made the region near the incision much harder than a normal nut.

Thanks for help given

M

mo12ezz

Awards
The failure rate of the sub-inguinal microsurgic approach is very low. It's extremely unlikely that your surgery was a failure. Also it's natural that the place where ur veins were cut off are swollen. You need to rest more and take hot baths to increase blood circulation in the place your veins were removed. Did your doctor give you Ibuprofen to reduce inflammation? If he didn't ask him if you need it. I personally had mine removed by the inguinal approach (non-microscopic) and it has been 8 days since the surgery. The swollen area is getting smaller. The reason the region near your incision is so hard is because of the stitches.