Armor + Cytomel

P

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
Thyroid labs are near the bottom (especially FT3), though all are "within range", but I have most of the symptoms of hypothyroidism. Doc has me on 1gr of compounded slow-release dessicated thyroid med. It isn't helping, so I called his office to ask for some Cytomel to add to it. My RT3 was 277 on a scale that went up to 350 last time it was checked.

I want to take enough of the direct T3 to help lower my RT3, but not enough to start shutting down my thyroid's own production. Then, once my RT3 is where it needs to be, I'm thinking I may able to start coming off the thyroid meds. I'm supplementing now with iodide, and all the thyroid healthy nutrients, so hopefully that will do the trick.

Could adding 10-15mcg of T3 to my current 1gr of natural T4/T3 not be too much to trigger a negative feedback loop?

P

punxweb

Awards
Have you checked your Vitamin D levels? I have heard that low vitamin d levels can screw up your thyroid. I have the same problem. High RT3. I checked viatmin d and it was low. Just started supplimenting it and we will see how it looks after the next blood test.

P

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
For a couple months maybe more, I've been taking anywhere from 8-12k iu of vitamin D3 per day. Never had it tested, but this should have me in a good range. But I guess the only way to know for sure is to measure it.

I also learned that a healthy level of ferritin is needed for T4 to T3 conversion, and have started to take an iron supplement just in case. I'll take it for a few weeks to see if that makes a difference, but will discontinue it if it doesn't help, as I don't want too much iron in my body. That's not good for the heart.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Speaking of iron, would TRT patients generally have good/high levels of iron due to elevated hematocrit? I am assuming increased red blood cells would equate to increased iron in the blood. Am I right to assume this?

P

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
That would be an incorrect assumption. :)

TRT can cause you to make a lot of red blood cells, but not the iron that they need.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Supplement Auction 2
J Anabolics 0
J Nutrition / Health 1
beastmode1981 Supplement Auction 8
A Nutrition / Health 7