$$$ on bloodwork

srocco112

srocco112

Awards
  • Established
If I were to walk into a lab and ask for all necessary hormone levels to be checked to ensure I do not have low test, without using insurance, what are we looking at $ wise?

P

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
If you like Labcorp, you can get good pricing and order tests online at privatemdlabs. You'll then get the paperwork via email to bring to the lab. I get a boatload of stuff tested for around $150. Look at their packaged tests before ordering individual tests, it can save you money.

srocco112

srocco112

Awards
  • Established
ok thanks. what are all the necessary tests i should have done to make sure I am hormonally healthy for 21 yo

P

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
The privatemdlabs has a male hormone profile that should measure most things. However, you may also want to add other tests such as their "Sensitive Estradiol", prolactin, LH, FSH, DHT, and Bioavailable Testosterone, but this is by no means an exhaustive list. You may need other testing, just check with a good doc.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
The privatemdlabs has a male hormone profile that should measure most things. However, you may also want to add other tests such as their "Sensitive Estradiol", prolactin, LH, FSH, DHT, and Bioavailable Testosterone, but this is by no means an exhaustive list. You may need other testing, just check with a good doc.
privatemdlabs uses LabCorp to do the actual testing.

LabCorp recently introduced Bioavailable Testosterone testing.

Looking at result from that test, that people post,
I say that it is bad test.

Best workaround is to get

TotalTest
SHBG
Albumin

and use dr Vermulen's chart to figure FreeT from chart.

On that chart desirable is:
FreeT(300-350)

Chart is here:

http://www.andropause.org.uk/nomo_tas.pdf

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
i think $150 probably wouldn't cover everything - i paid more like $500 but I just wanted everything done and i didnt want my doctor to write an rx or have a record on my insurance.