Should I just get on TRT?

RavensFan2k3

Awards
I'm 20 years old, and have been having hormonal/erection problems for about 5-6 years now. It's only in the past couple of years have normal tests shown that my testosterone is low, prolactin is high, cortisol and DHEA are both low. I've been to too many doctors and all of them have dismissed me as fine, even tho I've had total test levels as low as 200 as a teenager, erectile dysfunction, slight gyno, small testicles, and others. I've even had one doctor tell me, that at 18 years old I shouldnt be worrying about having sex anymore and just to worry about school. Doesnt his dumbass know that erectile dysfunction can be a symptom of other complicated conditions? Ugh...

The last doctor I visited asked me if I'd be willing to try TRT. I'm now thinking that I may consider it. I guess that would be better than having to deal with my terrible condition anymore. I've been deligently researching the subject on my own for the past few years, trying to find out what could be the cause. Keep in mind I've been doing this as a 15 year old till now. Imagine a normal 15 year old, out playing sports, chasing girls, having fun. Not me, although I did play sports, if I wasnt playing, I was reading about the complications of endocrinology and urology. I've about gave up and am willing to give TRT a try. What didnt make sense was the doc was telling me how I may be infertile, then asked me about TRT. Does he not know that TRT will make me infertile? Anyway, what are you guys opinions?

punxweb

Awards
You need to find a doc that knows how to treat your symptoms. Sounds like your adrenals need help too. I would not deal with the docs that you have spoken to.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've about gave up and am willing to give TRT a try. What didnt make sense was the doc was telling me how I may be infertile, then asked me about TRT. Does he not know that TRT will make me infertile? Anyway, what are you guys opinions?

TRT will not necessarily make you infertile. It might, but might not. I think that may have been why he suggested it as that is one of the risk factors to starting TRT young, that you could become infertile. But if you already are, then its not a risk factor anymore.

The problematic part is that you are looking at 50+ years of TRT, which is a long time. I'd think you can find a doctor who will try some of the other re-start related techniques using either HCG or clomid or other things.

Have you looked at www.allthingsmale.com before?

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
I remember you you do know with high prolactin levels this can give you low T what are your labs now. Post them did you test your LH and FSH with your Estradiol. If your Estradiol levels are good say 20 pg/ml and you have low LH and FSH level this can mean you have a Pituitary Problem and need an MRI on it to rule out a tumor. One reason I say this is your prolactin levels are high this can be a tumor on your Pituitary you need to rule this out before going on TRT. And if you do have a Pituitary problem try just doing HCG 100 IU's per day this way your not going to shut down your body from making what your doing now.

Have your sperm checked before doing anything if it's good have some frozen for a back in case later you can't make kids.

If you LH and FSH levels are high with a good Estradiol level it's your testis not working and you need to have them checked for cancer and your prostate before going on TRT.

Go to www.allthingsmale.com if you have not been there and read TRT: A Recipe for Success in this are labs you need and why and read the HCG update.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
TRT is last resort man, LAST RESORT... If the doctors wont allow it, if I were you I would try a self restart with HCG and clomid.... With nobodys permission, but your own... You may, may not have a tumor. But all variables must be and should be checked before TRT. And again, if the Dr.'s are still baffled, give yourself a jumpstart (hcg/clomid) before asking for TRT...

cumkwakka

Awards
  • Established
raven you have been in this game for long enough, even i need trt now and am going to start it.. ive been at this for 8 years and finally treating not only adrenals but also thyroid and test

i would say yes jump into it

it will be complicated, but if it works within a couple months after some fine tuning just do it

a restart is always possible

these problems will never go away and you're still on these forums like me

get it over with brother

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I would get a second opinoin when i see high prolactin I see hypothyroidism as potential cause. This needs to be investigated fully. If you need a referal for competent DR PM ME.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I was diagnosed Hypothyroidism a long while back.. But, I had 0 symptoms of hypo, nada... My doc took my blood numerous times and was confused each time, he game me some thyroid medication, and I threw em away because I believe I was misdiagnosed and hate paying the co pay to get 0 answers and confusion.. Hard to find competent doctors these days...

srocco112

srocco112

Awards
  • Established
when everyone refers to a restart by using hcg and/or clomid, what is the exact process for this? And the desired outcome?

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
If you have hypogonadism do to being Primary or Secondary don't mess with any kind of restart it not going to happen. If you did AAS and your PCT did not work you might have hypogonadism do to the use of Steroids and for most men I have talked over the yrs restarts don't work.

If you do this your best bet is to do it what a good Dr. like Dr. John at www.allthingsmale.com.

RavensFan2k3

Awards
I remember you you do know with high prolactin levels this can give you low T what are your labs now. Post them did you test your LH and FSH with your Estradiol. If your Estradiol levels are good say 20 pg/ml and you have low LH and FSH level this can mean you have a Pituitary Problem and need an MRI on it to rule out a tumor. One reason I say this is your prolactin levels are high this can be a tumor on your Pituitary you need to rule this out before going on TRT. And if you do have a Pituitary problem try just doing HCG 100 IU's per day this way your not going to shut down your body from making what your doing now.

Have your sperm checked before doing anything if it's good have some frozen for a back in case later you can't make kids.

If you LH and FSH levels are high with a good Estradiol level it's your testis not working and you need to have them checked for cancer and your prostate before going on TRT.

Go to www.allthingsmale.com if you have not been there and read TRT: A Recipe for Success in this are labs you need and why and read the HCG update.
I have posted my latest labs before, and you responded to it

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/137190-ugh-need-some.html

TRT is last resort man, LAST RESORT... If the doctors wont allow it, if I were you I would try a self restart with HCG and clomid.... With nobodys permission, but your own... You may, may not have a tumor. But all variables must be and should be checked before TRT. And again, if the Dr.'s are still baffled, give yourself a jumpstart (hcg/clomid) before asking for TRT...
I know man, its the last resort but I'm getting desperate.

raven you have been in this game for long enough, even i need trt now and am going to start it.. ive been at this for 8 years and finally treating not only adrenals but also thyroid and test

i would say yes jump into it

it will be complicated, but if it works within a couple months after some fine tuning just do it

a restart is always possible

these problems will never go away and you're still on these forums like me

get it over with brother
Im considering man...please keep my updated on what goes on with you, I actually do care and am interested, not only for my own knowledge for my situation, but your health aswell. Take care.

I would get a second opinoin when i see high prolactin I see hypothyroidism as potential cause. This needs to be investigated fully. If you need a referal for competent DR PM ME.
Please...PLEASE explain to me your why you believe hypothyroidism could be one of my problems. I believe it could be that, or adrenal fatigue/exhaustion. I've PMed you in the past, but everytime I'll never get a response.

I was diagnosed Hypothyroidism a long while back.. But, I had 0 symptoms of hypo, nada... My doc took my blood numerous times and was confused each time, he game me some thyroid medication, and I threw em away because I believe I was misdiagnosed and hate paying the co pay to get 0 answers and confusion.. Hard to find competent doctors these days...
I feel you, I hate when doctors take a blood test, see numebrs are within this magical range, and claim nothing is wrong with you. If nothing was wrong with me, I wouldnt have came to see him in the first place...****ing dumbass.

If you have hypogonadism do to being Primary or Secondary don't mess with any kind of restart it not going to happen. If you did AAS and your PCT did not work you might have hypogonadism do to the use of Steroids and for most men I have talked over the yrs restarts don't work.

If you do this your best bet is to do it what a good Dr. like Dr. John at www.allthingsmale.com.
I have not done AAS/DS/PH before.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I have posted my latest labs before, and you responded to it

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/137190-ugh-need-some.html

I know man, its the last resort but I'm getting desperate.

Im considering man...please keep my updated on what goes on with you, I actually do care and am interested, not only for my own knowledge for my situation, but your health aswell. Take care.

Please...PLEASE explain to me your why you believe hypothyroidism could be one of my problems. I believe it could be that, or adrenal fatigue/exhaustion. I've PMed you in the past, but everytime I'll never get a response.

I feel you, I hate when doctors take a blood test, see numebrs are within this magical range, and claim nothing is wrong with you. If nothing was wrong with me, I wouldnt have came to see him in the first place...****ing dumbass.

I have not done AAS/DS/PH before.
In order to make a detrmination I need to see the whole data, client profile, testing, what has been done so far, what is currently being done, your lifestyle, sleep patterns, food intake, supplements, how many times you crap a day, what it looks like,ect. When I deal with people I look at everything mainly focusing on the hiddens stressors such as gut liver, brain imbalances, emotional trama, altered methylation, environmental toxins. With clients I leave no stone unturned and will hunt for a logical explaination then fill in the gaps from there on. Dr should prepare a detailed list of questions to ask, but most of them never look at them. You fill out this long ass 10 page 1000 question packet for what ? LOL

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
I am with Hard on this but the bottom line here is you need to find out why your low and if it can be fixed so your levels will come back up do it. If you find out nothing is wrong doing this your just Primary or Secondary go on TRT the longer you wait the more damage is done.