TRT Causing Excess Hair Growth

Jason12676

Awards
I had laser hair removal done and since I have started test cyp 1cc/wk the hair is coming back!!!!:cussing:

Is there anything that can be done about this???

Eisenhower

Awards
I'm about to start HRT and am worried about that very thing. Might try laser again. The body hair growth is a big negative to me (as I'm already as hairy as I want to be) but I guess it's a trade off for feeling better.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I had laser hair removal done and since I have started test cyp 1cc/wk the hair is coming back!!!!:cussing:

Is there anything that can be done about this???

Welcome to TRT my friend!

bigpappab

Awards
I haven't noticed any quicker hair growth but it must be thicker cuz I'm going through my razors faster than normal. I've been on for about 3 months now.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I haven't noticed any quicker hair growth but it must be thicker cuz I'm going through my razors faster than normal. I've been on for about 3 months now.
what is your dose?

kesam

kesam

Awards
I look like Ive got homer simpsons stubble all the time after being on nebido for 5 months

punxweb

Awards
I have noticed increased hair growth since starting TRT. I have also noticed increased hair thickness.

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
Lately, I've had a few whiskers growing out of part of my lip on one side, and not where mustache or beard grows, but the part I pucker with! Plucking them out felt so good it brought tears to my eyes. :)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
laser hair removal doesn't always get all the hair the first time around. my wife got certain areas done :D and it took a number of treatments before it didn't come back.

Jason12676

Awards
laser hair removal doesn't always get all the hair the first time around. my wife got certain areas done :D and it took a number of treatments before it didn't come back.

I have had about 10 Laser treatments and now it seems as though it was all for not.

I didnt know if there was something that could be used to offset the hair growth caused by TRT?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
At least you're not getting never ending acne lol..

I treated my back with 4 months of accutane, was clear for about 4 months, and now I have a rash of micro-acne on my upper arms/shoulders while trying to treat the scars on my back.. just never stops. Loads of fun!

I am sure that once I get this under control, these over-active follicles will then start to grow hair too =\

Jason12676

Awards

I treated my back with 4 months of accutane, was clear for about 4 months, and now I have a rash of micro-acne on my upper arms/shoulders while trying to treat the scars on my back.. just never stops. Loads of fun!

I am sure that once I get this under control, these over-active follicles will then start to grow hair too =\
I was being treated for Acne in the same areas you mentioned for about 1.5yrs - Finally they did a biopsy and discovered it was Pityrosporum Folliculitis which looks like acne but isn't. It is VERY hard to control & get rid of.

It never ends!!!!

Eisenhower

Awards
Jesus guys, what's the upshot here? Sounds like a frickin' nightmare of hair and acne ...

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I was being treated for Acne in the same areas you mentioned for about 1.5yrs - Finally they did a biopsy and discovered it was Pityrosporum Folliculitis which looks like acne but isn't. It is VERY hard to control & get rid of.

It never ends!!!!
Was this caused by TRT? How did you treat it?

Yeah it's not acne, but more like tiny folicular white heads / bumps..

Jason12676

Awards
Was this caused by TRT? How did you treat it?

Yeah it's not acne, but more like tiny folicular white heads / bumps..
I am still treating it -google it and you will see just how hard it is to get rid of - So many people think they may have it but the only way to be sure is to get a biopsy done by a dermatologist.

If you're treating this with OTC acne meds/washes it will only make it worse.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established

low-dose antibiotic can also help treat this.

Jason12676

Awards
If it is Pityrosporum Folliculitis, Antibiotics will make this problem worse - You need an anti-yeast medication.

Ketoconazole as an oral anti-yeast med for 4-6weeks and Ketoconazole/Nizoral Shampoo 2% used as a soap is the most effective treatment.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
What causes this? A combination of TRT + candida? Never had this before.

When I started TRT, I started to get bacne which turned pretty severe.. treated it with accutane and it completely vanished. Then 4 months later this started up.

Isn't acne supposed to subside within months of starting TRT?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Jesus guys, what's the upshot here? Sounds like a frickin' nightmare of hair and acne ...
Hrm only if you are prone... There are many people who go on loads of test and other things and never break out at all..

TRT has never really given me more body hair. But it sure has messed with my skin. On the plus side, I don't get any acne on my face, which is the complete opposite from when I was a teenager. Go figure.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Antibiotics have never helped me with acne in the past. I've also tried the acne.org regimen.. Only accutane has helped me, but it's also caused some pretty severe problems for me (permanent joint clicking, permanent dry eyes, 5 alpha reductase issues, etc etc)