High histamine + seasonal allaergies + undermethylator

  1. Registered User
    coolhammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    16
    Answers
    0

    High histamine + seasonal allaergies + undermethylator


    Seasonal allergies mean high histamine, so means undermethylated, Is this correct???
    If correct then my understanding is FOLIC or FOLINIC is bad for undermethylators. TRue or False?? Then what supplements are recommended for high histamine???
    Does one continue to avoid these two nutrients when one is in a lower histamine state when not suffering from seasonal allergies?

  2. Registered User
    LeanGuy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    40
    Posts
    812
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by coolhammer View Post
    Seasonal allergies mean high histamine, so means undermethylated, Is this correct???
    If correct then my understanding is FOLIC or FOLINIC is bad for undermethylators. TRue or False?? Then what supplements are recommended for high histamine???
    Does one continue to avoid these two nutrients when one is in a lower histamine state when not suffering from seasonal allergies?
    In my non-medical-advice opinion, testing whole blood histamine is a good marker for methylation status. If its over 70, you are considered a histadelic in orthomolecular medicine, and you should:

    Avoid folic acid... take 5-MTHF (methylfolate)
    Avoid niacin... take niacinamide
    Avoid B12 except for methylcobalamin
    Take l-methionine or sam-e (if not bipolar)
    Increase vitamin c... this neutralizes histamine in the blood
    Google for histadelia, lots of good info
  3. Registered User
    MetalMX's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    336
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by LeanGuy View Post
    In my non-medical-advice opinion, testing whole blood histamine is a good marker for methylation status. If its over 70, you are considered a histadelic in orthomolecular medicine, and you should:

    Avoid folic acid... take 5-MTHF (methylfolate)
    Avoid niacin... take niacinamide
    Avoid B12 except for methylcobalamin
    Take l-methionine or sam-e (if not bipolar)
    Increase vitamin c... this neutralizes histamine in the blood
    Google for histadelia, lots of good info

    Avoid B12?

    I thought B12 should be used to treat it.

    Im having a hard time finding hard info on whether or not Sublingual B12 should be used with those who have high mercury levels (such as myself) because it can methylate mercury and send it to other parts of the body.

    So your saying B12 should be avoided for high histamine people. And methylcobalamin can be used for B12 deficiency ?
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    RPHMark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    187
    Answers
    0


    Methylcobalamin is the methylated form of B-12
  5. Registered User
    engival's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    386
    Answers
    0


    i started taking MSM powder; MSM blocks histamine receptors.

    MSM is suppose to be great for allergies.
  6. Registered User
    LeanGuy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    40
    Posts
    812
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by engival View Post
    i started taking MSM powder; MSM blocks histamine receptors.

    MSM is suppose to be great for allergies.
    Thanks envigal, I did not know this. How much do you take?
  7. Registered User
    engival's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    386
    Answers
    0


    4-6grams
  8. Registered User
    Dath's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Age
    45
    Posts
    225
    Answers
    0


    I have wicked allergies and I do take MSM but I can't honestly say it offers much benefit when it comes to allergies. I remember taking up to 24 grams a day of MSM but can't remember if it helped with my allergies or not. However, I have found something that absolutely works for allergies, at least for me, and it's Oregano Oil. OO contains natural antihistamines and decongestants and it's the only natural product that I have ever found to actually help me and make a difference. 2 or 3 capsules a day of a high quality OO should do the trick.
  9. Registered User
    engival's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    386
    Answers
    0


    intersting, but both MSM and Orgenoa oil are great for Candida/ Yeast.

    i wonder if candida/yeast is related to allergies, i think it is
  10. Registered User
    thegodfather's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,045
    Answers
    0


    Quercetin/Bromlain/Vit C combo.
    Remember why you started.
  11. Registered User
    MuscleOlogist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    15
    Answers
    0


    Zyrtec if you take it at night. Costco generic brand for the win.
  12. Registered User
    cumkwakka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    290
    Answers
    0


    any success with the MSM?

    what about high dosage vitamin c?

    can anyone recommend a good brand of quercetin which has helped?

    whats the science behind oregano oil?
  13. Registered User
    bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,700
    Answers
    0


    Methyl B12 shots given by your Dr will go a long way towards knocking down allergies. I second the quercitin/bromelain/vitamin C recommendation as well. Magnesium supplementation also helps to reduce inflammation.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Seasonal allergies anyone
    By AntonG42O in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 04-24-2011, 02:33 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-30-2008, 12:14 PM
  3. l-Histamine
    By pistonpump in forum Supplements
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 07-17-2008, 08:04 AM
  4. Seasonal Affect Disorder (SAD) and food cravings
    By Rhapsody in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-18-2003, 11:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in