Test Injections Every Week or Every Other Week?

  1. New Member
    longrob's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    60
    Posts
    158
    Rep Power
    159
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    95.27%

    Test Injections Every Week or Every Other Week?


    I asked my doc to switch me from a tube of Testim to Test Cyp injections. He prescribed an injection every two weeks. Is it better to inject half the dose every week?
    Last edited by longrob; 11-20-2008 at 09:01 PM. Reason: grammar and clarity

  2. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Rep Power
    7699
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    34.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by longrob View Post
    My asked my doc to switch me from a tube of Testim to Test Cyp injections. He prescribed an injection every two weeks. Is there an added benefit to injecting half the dose every week?
    DR is a moron flat out
    Take it every week at half dosage for the 2 weeks
    take next blood draw on day 5 not day 7 then have him add in hcg if e2 and T are in check..
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  3. New Member
    KSman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    386
    Rep Power
    288
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    86.6%

    Better to inject twice a week. Some inject EOD.
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    longrob's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    60
    Posts
    158
    Rep Power
    159
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    95.27%

    Quote Originally Posted by KSman View Post
    Better to inject twice a week. Some inject EOD.
    My Rx calls for 22g needles 1.5" long. I would probably be uncomfortable with IM injections twice a week with that size needle. Can Test Cyp be injected with smaller/shorter needles?
  5. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2416
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.29%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by longrob View Post
    My Rx calls for 22g needles 1.5" long. I would probably be uncomfortable with IM injections twice a week with that size needle. Can Test Cyp be injected with smaller/shorter needles?
    For the last 2 years I use these needles for all my injections.
    I do EOD schedule
    one day T
    next day hcg & B12


    http://hocks.com/Merchant2/merchant....Category_Code=
    BD Ultrafine II U-100 Insulin Syringe 31 Gauge 3/10cc 5/16inch Short Needle--1/2 Unit Markings 100/b Price: $25.95
  6. New Member
    longrob's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    60
    Posts
    158
    Rep Power
    159
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    95.27%

    [QUOTE=JanSz;1660296]For the last 2 years I use these needles for all my injections.
    I do EOD schedule
    one day T
    next day hcg & B12

    Jan, I will try it. I have insulin syringes, but thought the T would be too thick and oily for that gauge needle.

    Also, wouldn't a 5/16" needle be too short to reach into the muscle? -Rob
  7. New Member
    big guns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    76
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    42.67%

    When I do Test-E cycles (600mg week) I do 300mgs every 3rd day for the first 4 weeks then every 4th day till end of cycle.. I use 23gX 1" pins with no problems. Don't go any smaller than than, you will never get the oils out.
  8. New Member
    KSman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    386
    Rep Power
    288
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    86.6%

    I [and others] inject T cyp with #29 .5ml .5" insulin syringes. Slow to fill, injection time is ok as one can easily develop around 200 psi when injecting with that size syringe. With EOD injections and 100mg/week, .14ml of 200mg/ml is a small amount to inject. Inject into the vastus lateralis.

    I insert insert the needle to load the syringe and place in an arrangement that holds the needle and vial while the syringe is filling and leave it for a bit. One can load .56ml into a .5ml syringe and shoot 4 times, swabbing the needle and recapping after use until empty.

    Comments that small bore needles will not flow are simply wrong. It is important to use small bore syringes which will develop higher injection pressures.

    In many cases, there is no need to load a syringe with a smaller guage needle to make the load faster. Switching to have a sharper needle is an other issue. I have never done that and have not had any needle dulling issues myself.

    Fixed needle syringes also waste less than removable needle syringes.

    SC injections are also an option that has a steadier release pattern. This is not well known. There is a thread in this forum about that.

    #25 1ml 1" loads and injects well the quads [vastus lateralis]. Insert 3/4" unless there is a lot of fat.

    #31 5/16" will not work for IM injections. Flow rates are unknown to me.

    Smaller shorter needles are going to produce less scarring of the skin and muscles. Smaller shorter needles should be an objective.

    EOD T injections done at the same time as hCG EOD injections can be a good routine. Arimidex also doses well EOD as well.
  9. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Rep Power
    7699
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    34.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by KSman View Post
    I [and others] inject T cyp with #29 .5ml .5" insulin syringes. Slow to fill, injection time is ok as one can easily develop around 200 psi when injecting with that size syringe. With EOD injections and 100mg/week, .14ml of 200mg/ml is a small amount to inject. Inject into the vastus lateralis.

    I insert insert the needle to load the syringe and place in an arrangement that holds the needle and vial while the syringe is filling and leave it for a bit. One can load .56ml into a .5ml syringe and shoot 4 times, swabbing the needle and recapping after use until empty.

    Comments that small bore needles will not flow are simply wrong. It is important to use small bore syringes which will develop higher injection pressures.

    In many cases, there is no need to load a syringe with a smaller guage needle to make the load faster. Switching to have a sharper needle is an other issue. I have never done that and have not had any needle dulling issues myself.

    Fixed needle syringes also waste less than removable needle syringes.

    SC injections are also an option that has a steadier release pattern. This is not well known. There is a thread in this forum about that.

    #25 1ml 1" loads and injects well the quads [vastus lateralis]. Insert 3/4" unless there is a lot of fat.

    #31 5/16" will not work for IM injections. Flow rates are unknown to me.

    Smaller shorter needles are going to produce less scarring of the skin and muscles. Smaller shorter needles should be an objective.

    EOD T injections done at the same time as hCG EOD injections can be a good routine. Arimidex also doses well EOD as well.
    KSMAN

    I have e2 of 12 and have symptoms of low e2. I hear alot of different tthings my shbg is 30..This part is so mis leading
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  10. Professional Member
    Gutterpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,674
    Rep Power
    204520
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    3.23%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    HAN - have you tried increasing DHEA and taking a high %/dose divanyl extract?


    BTW, fwiw (for what it's worth) - I switched from sub-q shots to 1" IM shots and noticed a difference pretty quickly. I don't have bloodwork to back this up, but I wonder why this would be? T enters bloodstream faster via IM? Less aromatization? I now prefer IM with a 1" 25 gauge pin into my outer quad. It's still super easy to do, even twice a week.
  11. New Member
    biker340's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Age
    52
    Posts
    151
    Rep Power
    186
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    65.11%

    Quote Originally Posted by longrob View Post
    My Rx calls for 22g needles 1.5" long. I would probably be uncomfortable with IM injections twice a week with that size needle. Can Test Cyp be injected with smaller/shorter needles?
    I was told by my doctor to do the same thing.

    What I have found that works well for me is that I bought some extra 25g 1.5" needles. I wll use the 22g needle to draw the test into the syringe, then replace the needle with the 25g one. Injecting it goes smoother and the test can still flow through it. Most syringes will allow you to replace needles and a package of a 30 count 25g 1.5 needles is not expensive.
  12. Professional Member
    Gutterpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,674
    Rep Power
    204520
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    3.23%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I have no problem pulling oil through a 25g needle myself..doesn't take very long to get a half CC in. 1" needles should be fine as well, unless there is a lot of subcutaneous fat to go through.. then 1.5" are a safer bet if aiming for muscle.

    I could not imagine using 22g needles. Yoww.. 25 is as low as I go..
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-16-2009, 09:38 PM
  2. Pleasantly Suprised (another Epistane review week by week)
    By TrainrNTexas3 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-04-2009, 07:20 PM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-10-2007, 03:30 AM
  4. Every 1o week TRT injections (Test. undecanoate): Anyone hear of it?
    By anyman in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-21-2007, 03:55 PM
  5. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-08-2005, 11:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in