ADD and Anabolics

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  0 lbs.
    Answers

ADD and Anabolics

I have found out in the past few months that I've got pathetically low testosterone and have had it for god knows how long. I also have ADD.

I have yet to start HRT (will be getting on hcg in a month, hopefully) but I am wondering how T levels correlate to ADD. It is well known that low T is a cause of ADD. But I'm wondering, once I start HRT, would it REALLY make a difference in ADD, especially with all the other psychological changes correcting an endocrine dysfunction causes.

So, for those with ADD and fluctuating T levels, how does a high T level correlate to your ADD? Most importantly, how does high T/unmedicated compare to low T/medicated in terms of ADD control? If you don't mind, please note what medicine you took for ADD and how it felt.

I'm trying to get an idea of the subjective feel of ADD control with stimulant therapy versus a tuned endocrine system.

(MODS: I know I'm cross-posting this in two forums but I figure there are two different crowds and many people in here don't ever see the Steroids forum. Please accept my apologies if this is a problem.)

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  0 lbs.
    Answers

Anyone?

3. New Member
    Answers

ADD and low test? Never heard of that. I've had ADHD my entire life. I'm screaming bull**** on that one.

•   

4. Advanced Member
    Answers

IF you also have low adrenal function......the stimulants given to control ADD will do a lot of damage.

This is a complicated symphony, adrenal and thyroid issues go hand in hand with low T and should also be investigated before taking stims.

5. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  226 lbs.
    Answers

You'll feel better on test. You'll be way more focused on anything that you're passionate about. From personal experience with ADD and test, I don't think you'll improve focus for mondane tasks.

6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  155 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by krazy View Post
    I have found out in the past few months that I've got pathetically low testosterone and have had it for god knows how long. I also have ADD.

I have yet to start HRT (will be getting on hcg in a month, hopefully) but I am wondering how T levels correlate to ADD. It is well known that low T is a cause of ADD. But I'm wondering, once I start HRT, would it REALLY make a difference in ADD, especially with all the other psychological changes correcting an endocrine dysfunction causes.

So, for those with ADD and fluctuating T levels, how does a high T level correlate to your ADD? Most importantly, how does high T/unmedicated compare to low T/medicated in terms of ADD control? If you don't mind, please note what medicine you took for ADD and how it felt.

I'm trying to get an idea of the subjective feel of ADD control with stimulant therapy versus a tuned endocrine system.

(MODS: I know I'm cross-posting this in two forums but I figure there are two different crowds and many people in here don't ever see the Steroids forum. Please accept my apologies if this is a problem.)
    I suffer from some attention issues, and I found test did not help it one bit. However, if you are suffering from a lack of assertiveness, and this ties into your attention deficit, it may help some. But I would not place too much hope on this.

7. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Answers

I don't think TRT with help...I am on two tubes of Testim..brings my T levels up fine..,.but still take a 54 mg of Concerta everyday.

8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Answers

i take 90mg of adderall every day and have low test. I think the two are total seperate. I will have to do some research and find some info on the connection.

9. Advanced Member
    Answers

From my own personal experience, I can tell you the test will help, but in conjunction with the right add treatment, there's a synergy.

I have inattentive-type ADD and TRT helped very much in the sense that once the proper foundation was built, the symptoms (and severity thereof) were greatly reduced.

Now, a (much smaller) dose of adderall completely knocks it out. I use it very sparingly.

My adrenal function is fine (if anything my 24 hr Rheins show high/high normal cortisol) and adderall works finr for me.

My only complaint with adderall is it gave me (I think) rosacea. I would like to try concerta or one of the milder stimulants.

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. anabolics
    By holota18 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-26-2009, 05:18 PM
  2. ADD and Anabolics
    By krazy in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-25-2008, 06:01 PM
  3. PRO-Anabolics
    By alwaysgaining in forum Supplements