For anyone who had varicocele surgery..please help with some post surgery-info?

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.73%

For anyone who had varicocele surgery..please help with some post surgery-info?

Hello, I know that some of you guys on this forum had varicocele surgery performed whether it be embolization or open surgery..I was wondering if anyone had swelling around 2 weeks...my doctor said i now have LOCAL EDEMA...did anyone get this sort of complication after the surgery?? My testicles still feel really swollen and it seems enlarged with fluid inside...i need a scrotal support no matter what now...has anyone experienced this? thanks

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.69%

Quote Originally Posted by uptempo View Post
    Hello, I know that some of you guys on this forum had varicocele surgery performed whether it be embolization or open surgery..I was wondering if anyone had swelling around 2 weeks...my doctor said i now have LOCAL EDEMA...did anyone get this sort of complication after the surgery?? My testicles still feel really swollen and it seems enlarged with fluid inside...i need a scrotal support no matter what now...has anyone experienced this? thanks
    I had the embolization done and did'nt get any oedema which is fluid retention. I remember reading that is can be a consequence of varicocele surgery.

Your post is a few days old now are you still experiencing oedema?
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.83%

I just had a left varicocelectomy by open surgery 5 days ago. For me, there has been some minor swelling near the incision site and the pain has been minimal. There might be some mild swelling in the scrotum but it is not much. It seems like the veins in my scrotum are larger than they were before the surgery and they don't disappear when I lie down? I guess it takes some time for them to regress after ligation? Anyone have any experience with that?
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.73%

well its exactly been a month for me...and im not sure if its fluid or swelling still inside my testicles but its more like larger than before...I can walk fine right now but need briefs....but still can't run...they still feel pretty heavy and hang pretty low... and every once in a while i can still feel a slight ache...im thinkin this is normal...but afterall it has been a month..so not sure
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.05%

I had the embolization... I didn't have much swelling, but the varicocele seems to have returned just the way it was after 3mos. I don't know if I should go back for a microsurgery or just live with it. I basically have "one good ball" because the left is so atrophied
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  159 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.06%

Quote Originally Posted by LeanGuy View Post
    I had the embolization... I didn't have much swelling, but the varicocele seems to have returned just the way it was after 3mos. I don't know if I should go back for a microsurgery or just live with it. I basically have "one good ball" because the left is so atrophied

What do you mean by atrophied? Has it shrunk? or it doesnt work anymore?
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.69%

Quote Originally Posted by LeanGuy View Post

Mate if it was me I would have the surgery if the varicocele came back. Mine has shrunk a good deal. Fingers crossed it stays that way. If it comes back I'm having it litigated.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Conventional Varicocele surgery scheduled.
    By blastedlooger in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-17-2010, 09:18 PM
  2. TRT or Varicocele Surgery First?
    By monsterbox in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-08-2009, 10:34 PM
  3. Emergency Room- will they perform varicocele surgery at the hospital?
    By uptempo in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 08-19-2008, 12:38 PM
  4. VARICOCELE how to persuade doctors to perform surgery?
    By uptempo in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-13-2008, 08:26 AM