Steroids vs. Prohormones

  1. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    LG Sciences's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,895
    Answers
    0

    Steroids vs. Prohormones


    Do you think people buying illegal steroids are even smart any more? With all of the PH choices out there, I just can't figure out why someone would risk possessing much less selling illegal steroids these days. It's crazy what the federal gov't is doing against steroids and the sentencing...what do you think?

  2. Registered User
    SilentBob187's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    7,853
    Answers
    0


    It's a diversion. Takes all attention away from legitamate health and safety issues of all Americans. Kinda scary how they are telling us what we can and can't put in to our own bodies...next our names may be replaced with numbers.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  3. Registered User
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,444
    Answers
    0


    My number shall be.......007! :bruce2:

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    SilentBob187's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    7,853
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    My number shall be.......007! :bruce2:
    Just so long as I'm #1
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  5. Registered User
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,444
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob187 View Post
    Just so long as I'm #1
    In your own mind maybe......... J/K buddy, tee hee

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  6. Registered User
    ozarkaBRAND's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,279
    Answers
    0


    wat are these stare r0ids that you speeek ov?
  7. Registered User
    mattikus's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,555
    Answers
    0


    It is crazy what the government is doing. An awful lot of resources are being poured into keeping the country "drug free." I agree there is some risk involved, especially with the current government trend, but there seems to be a never ending demand for steroids. Legal or otherwise. There are many people who believe that nothing available legally can produce the results that illegal substances can, and are very willing to take the risks. Oftentimes when something legally available does work well, our wonderful government steps in and bans the substance, making simple possession a felony. Sure, there are somewhat effective choices available currently, but for how long? In the end, it really boils down to demand, and as long as there is a healthy demand, there will be someone willing to supply. This constant "war on steroids" in America almost seems to have a negative feedback loop on keeping illegal steroids out. The more that becomes illegal, the more illegal importing and sales occur. Just my 3 cents.

    Anyway, LG, you keep the innovative supps coming, and then maybe us consumers won't feel the need to risk doing time for our musclebuilding crime.
  8. Registered User
    warnerve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,939
    Answers
    0


    I feel like the choices were better before the ban in 2004; however, I agree the risk has gone up a lot.
  9. Banned
    jakellpet's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,533
    Answers
    0


    the govt would be better off waging a war on obesity - it's fcuking up the Western World more than any 'drugs' are.
  10. Registered User
    strategicmove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    10,763
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by mattikus;
    It is crazy what the government is doing. An awful lot of resources are being poured into keeping the country "drug free." I agree there is some risk involved, especially with the current government trend, but there seems to be a never ending demand for steroids. Legal or otherwise. There are many people who believe that nothing available legally can produce the results that illegal substances can, and are very willing to take the risks. Oftentimes when something legally available does work well, our wonderful government steps in and bans the substance, making simple possession a felony. Sure, there are somewhat effective choices available currently, but for how long? In the end, it really boils down to demand, and as long as there is a healthy demand, there will be someone willing to supply. This constant "war on steroids" in America almost seems to have a negative feedback loop on keeping illegal steroids out. The more that becomes illegal, the more illegal importing and sales occur. Just my 3 cents...
  11. Registered User
    hardknock's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,183
    Answers
    0


    people can get them when they eant them, that's y theres no real serious rebellion against government...let them outlaw smoking, period or sex in all aspects-you'd see an uproar of gigantic portions lol
    ---The destruction of my enemies is to make them my friends---
  12. Registered User
    ozarkaBRAND's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,279
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by jakellpet View Post
    the govt would be better off waging a war on obesity - it's fcuking up the Western World more than any 'drugs' are.
    Now that's a hella good point my man. Reps!
  13. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Board Sponsor
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Answers
    0


    Given the recent scrutiny on the legal brand of A.A.S., you have mentioned, QCS for some of these 'legitimate' companies are no more stringent than that of an Underground lab. This further extends beyond safety, and into efficacy as well. When a fly-by-night company does nothing to promote a COA or any QCS standards, how is purchasing illegal A.A.S., any different?

    Further, I feel many people opt for tried and tested - so to speak - compounds like EQ, Testosterone (in its many ester forms) and Nandrolone derivatives because they have both legitimate data, and decades of use, providing as a refuge of proof of efficacy.

    Whether it was ever 'smart' to purchase any illegal substance, A.A.S. or otherwise, is a question of pragmatics which invariably comes down to the individual user.
  14. Registered User
    panther77's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,330
    Answers
    0


    idk, ive always heard that the legal aas are not as hard on the system as some of their PH/DS counterparts... im not sure tho
  15. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,133
    Answers
    0


    If I do another AAS cycle, then it will be injects only. While the new wave of orals are potent, they are also not well understood.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  16. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    LG Sciences's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,895
    Answers
    0


    I guess I never thought of that Mullet. In some sense the years of use does give things like Deca and Eq and Test some apparent safety or risk profile, that is acceptable to other users. Combine that with the feeling that OTC Prosteroids don't work as well, and you get an increased desire. My only question is now that M1T is considered contraband, do the underground circles still consider it to be "not as good" as other illegal anabolics?
  17. CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
    Board Sponsor
    Usf97j4x4's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,154
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by LegalGear View Post
    Do you think people buying illegal steroids are even smart any more? With all of the PH choices out there, I just can't figure out why someone would risk possessing much less selling illegal steroids these days. It's crazy what the federal gov't is doing against steroids and the sentencing...what do you think?
    Id risk it with illegal AAS... i've done far worse and the chances of the big boys targeting you (the end user) are pretty slim.

    PHs = half the gains, 3x the risk...
  18. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,868
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob187 View Post
    Just so long as I'm #1
    i sort of think of you more as a #2 j/k!
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  19. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,868
    Answers
    0


    given that doing a test cycle you are adding to what your body normally produces rather than adding in a basically foreign synthetic hormone, it does make sense with test as a steroid, but i'm less sure with other types like decca
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  20. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Board Sponsor
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by LegalGear View Post
    I guess I never thought of that Mullet. In some sense the years of use does give things like Deca and Eq and Test some apparent safety or risk profile, that is acceptable to other users. Combine that with the feeling that OTC Prosteroids don't work as well, and you get an increased desire. My only question is now that M1T is considered contraband, do the underground circles still consider it to be "not as good" as other illegal anabolics?
    I agree with your implied point: It's ridiculous underground circles would frown upon the new batch of designers (after all, many, if not all, were in Vida). Illicit substance circles are always quite strange; I remember my Coke-head friends staring down their noses at prescription drug users. Always a hierarchy I suppose!

    Anyway, I feel many of these steroids released under legitimate conditions have efficacy profiles which ***** Underground, more published compounds. SuperDrol, PheraPlex, these types of steroids come to mind. I think many more underground-exclusive users would benefit from expanding their horizons to include these products.

    However, I would still stand by my original point, that the current government scrutiny and pressure has degraded QCS standards (due to legal concerns) to the point that Underground and legitimate is a convoluted line. I would rather stick to a slow and steady injectable cycle featuring Testosterone and Equipose, rather than place my faith in a new, rather unpublished ProHormone. While many most likely have outstanding safety profiles: if I am going to be shutdown, I may as well make it worth it!
  21. Registered User
    Hard Knox's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    34
    Posts
    285
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    I agree with your implied point: It's ridiculous underground circles would frown upon the new batch of designers (after all, many, if not all, were in Vida). Illicit substance circles are always quite strange; I remember my Coke-head friends staring down their noses at prescription drug users. Always a hierarchy I suppose!

    Anyway, I feel many of these steroids released under legitimate conditions have efficacy profiles which ***** Underground, more published compounds. SuperDrol, PheraPlex, these types of steroids come to mind. I think many more underground-exclusive users would benefit from expanding their horizons to include these products.

    However, I would still stand by my original point, that the current government scrutiny and pressure has degraded QCS standards (due to legal concerns) to the point that Underground and legitimate is a convoluted line. I would rather stick to a slow and steady injectable cycle featuring Testosterone and Equipose, rather than place my faith in a new, rather unpublished ProHormone. While many most likely have outstanding safety profiles: if I am going to be shutdown, I may as well make it worth it!
    Well said! Alot of these so callled PS and PH are absolute junk. If someone is wanting to stay muscular and fit for the long run then injectables are the only way to go. Designer orals (for the most part) have greater sides, with far less effectiveness. With that being said, I feel that most people start with PH's and PS's because they don't want to break the law, BUT after the first two or three cycles the gains are highly diminished and the sides are more noticeable. That is when the driven bodybuilder/powerlifter is forced to the dark side to get those "real" results Yeeaahbooyyy!!
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. prohormones or steroids
    By mark s in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-27-2011, 06:14 PM
  2. Best way to take prohormones/oral-steroids?
    By micjakson in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-28-2009, 06:33 PM
  3. Rest while on Prohormones/Steroids
    By Jerseyboy884 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-12-2008, 12:09 AM
  4. Steroids & Prohormones powder
    By thjck in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-10-2006, 10:04 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in