If we started an association

Page 2 of 7 First 1234 ... Last

  1. Well, we would have to form a non-profit association and then set a membership fee for individuals (maybe $10) and companies (say $1000). This would buy the lobby, I would do the administration on my dime so there is no hint of anything like personal gain. The personal gain I get is to continue to do what I love...sell sports supplements.


  2. Would this organization specifically deal w/ issues outside of the industry? Like was mentioned - education, lobbying, etc.?

    Or, would this be a double-edged sword that would also be a "watchdog" group for issues inside the industry - label claims, safety, etc.?

    Sometimes the inside and outside go hand-in-hand, so I think it would be tough to only focus on one of those areas.

    Or, maybe establish 2 organizations... or not.
    •   
       


  3. Outside. We have the FDA to police us.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by LegalGear View Post
    Outside. We have the FDA to police us.
    I never saw the FDA chime in on the Epistane/Havoc fiasco last year.

    I'm not a fan of the FDA and would much rather have industry participants "policing" companies than the hand-in-pocket FDA.

  5. The FDA / .Gov is in the pockets of the pharmachems, just so you know. You let them rule, you can wave goodbye to it all supps n everything and pay 40$ + for a bottle of $6 niacin.
    •   
       


  6. Well, unfortunately we can't really police the industry. I would like to offer cheap testing services for people though and cheap testing for supplement companies.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by LegalGear View Post
    unfortunately we can't really police the industry
    "We" as in LegalGear, or "we" as in supplement industry participants as a whole.

    I would like to hear your thoughts on the pros and cons of such a system/organization.

    Maybe in a new thread? Hey, I'll start one.

  8. We as in the new organization. I am not really part of LG any more, my partner is CEO. I do help out for sure, but he is running the place. I am CEO of LegalGear still. I am thinking about releasing some LegalGear products, like weight belts etc...

    What do you guys think?

  9. Quote Originally Posted by LegalGear View Post
    I am not really part of LG any more. ... I am CEO of LegalGear still.


    Quote Originally Posted by LegalGear View Post
    I am thinking about releasing some LegalGear products, like weight belts etc...

    What do you guys think?
    That was out of the blue... ?? No, I think that is a bad idea.

  10. Why? It is a cool name...

    Anyway, I would like to get AM to work on the association with me. I will speak to Bobo about it. Could be really cool. I want it to be 100% above board and open to all people.

  11. Give us teh 1AD and Andro Test mmmmmmmmm!!!

  12. I think the only way it will work is if you have an organisation that represents the supplement industry and not the consumer (sorry). You would need to get a certain amount of companies involved who pay a yearly fee and meet every so often.

    This is something that we have in Europe (i work for a supp comany in the UK), called ESSNA.

    Really depends if you want something to lobby or just a group of people to get cheaper medical cover!

  13. I agree, that the companies are the primary donators. They also could benefit from the healthcare, since we are responsible for buying our own.

  14. this seems to be a really popular topic. i'm in. my brother in law and i run a small supplement store out of our flea market. we get quality customers, but i'm tired of the average, non exercising individual walking by and stating that everything we sell is steriods. it happens more than most people would think, and it's generally said under their breath, so they don't think we hear them. general america is ignorant. ignorant about nutrition, exercise, and supplementation. that includes Washington as well. our governmental representatives don't have a clue. i gave a sample of Axis Labs Smash today to a customer and his girlfriend looked at me and asked if it would damage his liver... even after i explained that it was a similar N.O.Xplode product he was taking. God. i'm on a soap box.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by avgBdybldr View Post
    this seems to be a really popular topic. i'm in. my brother in law and i run a small supplement store out of our flea market. we get quality customers, but i'm tired of the average, non exercising individual walking by and stating that everything we sell is steriods. it happens more than most people would think, and it's generally said under their breath, so they don't think we hear them. general america is ignorant. ignorant about nutrition, exercise, and supplementation. that includes Washington as well. our governmental representatives don't have a clue. i gave a sample of Axis Labs Smash today to a customer and his girlfriend looked at me and asked if it would damage his liver... even after i explained that it was a similar N.O.Xplode product he was taking. God. i'm on a soap box.
    lol, that is just sad. A ton of people do not even have a clue. A lot of the times that ignorance is just a form of jealousy IMO.

  16. I think if structured properly could be exactly what we need. i'd be down.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash View Post
    lol, that is just sad. A ton of people do not even have a clue. A lot of the times that ignorance is just a form of jealousy IMO.
    Exactly, they are to lazy and ignorant to get themselves into even half way decent shape, so they blame anyone elses acomplishments on steroids/ supplements. No cure for stupid and lazy.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by pushinweightw View Post
    Exactly, they are to lazy and ignorant to get themselves into even half way decent shape, so they blame anyone elses acomplishments on steroids/ supplements. No cure for stupid and lazy.
    To quote Ron White "You can't fix stupid." It is embarassing how ignorant much of the general public is when it comes to health, wellness, and supplementation. Just try working in a supplement store. There are a few lights of hope though, like when the people that come in know more than you do. At that point I'm just listening and doing my best to retain what's being said.

    I am wondering if/when/how we are moving from here. Talk is fun but doing is much more rewarding.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!

  19. sign me up. be nice for truth and common sense to prevail.

  20. I'd ****ing join today if it were to do this:

    Lobby to keep the supplements safe, i.e. legitimate companies producing legitimate products that contain the ingredients listed, that are safe if used according to their labels. (Everything is deadly if you use it enough or in the wrong amounts. Let me decide how much I can handle.)

    Allow anabolic steroids for personal use. Perhaps even tax it like cigarettes are and you would have to show ID +21, and buy it from a pharmacist along with sharps. Have harsh penalties for anyone re-distributing it, especially/including to anyone under 21. This includes not just posession but injecting someone under 21. That way it IS for the children. **** em. Let them read Spider Man comics. I'm a man and I wanna get my swole on.

    And, unban everything that was banned in 04-05 for those of us uncomfortable with injections at the moment. Total and complete bull**** banning them IMHO. All politically motivated I'd say.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by Dr Packenwood View Post
    I'd ****ing join today if it were to do this:

    Lobby to keep the supplements safe, i.e. legitimate companies producing legitimate products that contain the ingredients listed, that are safe if used according to their labels. (Everything is deadly if you use it enough or in the wrong amounts. Let me decide how much I can handle.)

    Allow anabolic steroids for personal use. Perhaps even tax it like cigarettes are and you would have to show ID +21, and buy it from a pharmacist along with sharps. Have harsh penalties for anyone re-distributing it, especially/including to anyone under 21. This includes not just posession but injecting someone under 21. That way it IS for the children. **** em. Let them read Spider Man comics. I'm a man and I wanna get my swole on.

    And, unban everything that was banned in 04-05 for those of us uncomfortable with injections at the moment. Total and complete bull**** banning them IMHO. All politically motivated I'd say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Packenwood View Post
    I'd ****ing join today if it were to do this:

    Lobby to keep the supplements safe, i.e. legitimate companies producing legitimate products that contain the ingredients listed, that are safe if used according to their labels. (Everything is deadly if you use it enough or in the wrong amounts. Let me decide how much I can handle.)

    Allow anabolic steroids for personal use. Perhaps even tax it like cigarettes are and you would have to show ID +21, and buy it from a pharmacist along with sharps. Have harsh penalties for anyone re-distributing it, especially/including to anyone under 21. This includes not just posession but injecting someone under 21. That way it IS for the children. **** em. Let them read Spider Man comics. I'm a man and I wanna get my swole on.

    And, unban everything that was banned in 04-05 for those of us uncomfortable with injections at the moment. Total and complete bull**** banning them IMHO. All politically motivated I'd say.
    Everything is politically motivated. Its bull****. Now the govnt wants a part of one of the biggest industries in the world, the supplement industry. They know it brings in millions if not billions of dollars a year, so taxing it would only mean more money for their rich fat asses. Whats dying rich prove in the long run? Nothing, you're dead. To any govnt related persons

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash View Post
    Everything is politically motivated. Its bull****. Now the govnt wants a part of one of the biggest industries in the world, the supplement industry. They know it brings in millions if not billions of dollars a year, so taxing it would only mean more money for their rich fat asses. Whats dying rich prove in the long run? Nothing, you're dead. To any govnt related persons
    Thats the reason why I figured taxing it would bring it about. They get $$, we get supps that work.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by Dr Packenwood View Post
    Thats the reason why I figured taxing it would bring it about. They get $$, we get supps that work.

  24. this is all fine and dandy... but talking bout it here on the boards wont get any body anywhere, someone in the know where to take step on to get this in motion DO IT, then come back here and tell me where to sign on the dotted line and I'll continue to campaign, lobby and sign petitions until this is done.

    Did any of you catch the thread on CODEX????
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...codex-why.html

    It starts at sites like these, I watched the video, I went to the site, I signed the petition and I requested for more information to be sent to me as updates are made. Without action boys your wishes wont come true. I suggest again someone in the know get the ball rolling and then come here an sstart a rucous to get **** signed, also go to the link I posted and sign that if you even want to be able to dose vitamin C in 1000mg doses in the future.....

  25. Well, we have to get started with soliciting supplement companies. Would anyone want to volunteer? I will talk to bobo about it too.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Starting an albuterol log
    By NYhomeboy in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-13-2006, 11:08 PM
  2. If live in an Islamic country do NOT steal bread
    By CROWLER in forum General Chat
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 02-20-2006, 02:11 AM
  3. About to start an IGF-1 cycle...
    By joetrisman in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-07-2005, 01:14 PM
Log in
Log in