If we started an association

Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
  1. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.62%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I think if structured properly could be exactly what we need. i'd be down.

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  224 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.59%

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash View Post
    lol, that is just sad. A ton of people do not even have a clue. A lot of the times that ignorance is just a form of jealousy IMO.
    Exactly, they are to lazy and ignorant to get themselves into even half way decent shape, so they blame anyone elses acomplishments on steroids/ supplements. No cure for stupid and lazy.
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.54%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by pushinweightw View Post
    Exactly, they are to lazy and ignorant to get themselves into even half way decent shape, so they blame anyone elses acomplishments on steroids/ supplements. No cure for stupid and lazy.
    To quote Ron White "You can't fix stupid." It is embarassing how ignorant much of the general public is when it comes to health, wellness, and supplementation. Just try working in a supplement store. There are a few lights of hope though, like when the people that come in know more than you do. At that point I'm just listening and doing my best to retain what's being said.

I am wondering if/when/how we are moving from here. Talk is fun but doing is much more rewarding.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
    •   

4. Banned
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.96%

sign me up. be nice for truth and common sense to prevail.
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    7'5"  600 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.59%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I'd ****ing join today if it were to do this:

Lobby to keep the supplements safe, i.e. legitimate companies producing legitimate products that contain the ingredients listed, that are safe if used according to their labels. (Everything is deadly if you use it enough or in the wrong amounts. Let me decide how much I can handle.)

Allow anabolic steroids for personal use. Perhaps even tax it like cigarettes are and you would have to show ID +21, and buy it from a pharmacist along with sharps. Have harsh penalties for anyone re-distributing it, especially/including to anyone under 21. This includes not just posession but injecting someone under 21. That way it IS for the children. **** em. Let them read Spider Man comics. I'm a man and I wanna get my swole on.

And, unban everything that was banned in 04-05 for those of us uncomfortable with injections at the moment. Total and complete bull**** banning them IMHO. All politically motivated I'd say.
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.05%

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Packenwood View Post

Lobby to keep the supplements safe, i.e. legitimate companies producing legitimate products that contain the ingredients listed, that are safe if used according to their labels. (Everything is deadly if you use it enough or in the wrong amounts. Let me decide how much I can handle.)

Allow anabolic steroids for personal use. Perhaps even tax it like cigarettes are and you would have to show ID +21, and buy it from a pharmacist along with sharps. Have harsh penalties for anyone re-distributing it, especially/including to anyone under 21. This includes not just posession but injecting someone under 21. That way it IS for the children. **** em. Let them read Spider Man comics. I'm a man and I wanna get my swole on.

And, unban everything that was banned in 04-05 for those of us uncomfortable with injections at the moment. Total and complete bull**** banning them IMHO. All politically motivated I'd say.

Everything is politically motivated. Its bull****. Now the govnt wants a part of one of the biggest industries in the world, the supplement industry. They know it brings in millions if not billions of dollars a year, so taxing it would only mean more money for their rich fat asses. Whats dying rich prove in the long run? Nothing, you're dead. To any govnt related persons
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    7'5"  600 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.59%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash View Post
    Everything is politically motivated. Its bull****. Now the govnt wants a part of one of the biggest industries in the world, the supplement industry. They know it brings in millions if not billions of dollars a year, so taxing it would only mean more money for their rich fat asses. Whats dying rich prove in the long run? Nothing, you're dead. To any govnt related persons
    Thats the reason why I figured taxing it would bring it about. They get $$, we get supps that work.
  8. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.86%

Thats the reason why I figured taxing it would bring it about. They get $$, we get supps that work.
  9. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.85%

this is all fine and dandy... but talking bout it here on the boards wont get any body anywhere, someone in the know where to take step on to get this in motion DO IT, then come back here and tell me where to sign on the dotted line and I'll continue to campaign, lobby and sign petitions until this is done.

Did any of you catch the thread on CODEX????
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...codex-why.html

It starts at sites like these, I watched the video, I went to the site, I signed the petition and I requested for more information to be sent to me as updates are made. Without action boys your wishes wont come true. I suggest again someone in the know get the ball rolling and then come here an sstart a rucous to get **** signed, also go to the link I posted and sign that if you even want to be able to dose vitamin C in 1000mg doses in the future.....
  10. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.92%

Well, we have to get started with soliciting supplement companies. Would anyone want to volunteer? I will talk to bobo about it too.
  11. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.86%

I'll solicit Legal Gear for you. ...anyone else?
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.16%

This sounds very intriguing, but the pharmaceutical companies have one of the most powerful lobbys in D.C. It even equals the oil industries' lobyy. I definitely would love to have a voice in the debate.

I love the idea decriminalization of steroids as a first step because i doubt that outright legalization even as a controlled substance is possible with all of this Roger Clemens bull popping up around Sportscenter.
  13. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.92%

Well, most nutritional support for this comes under fire because of sports. First job would be to seperate ourselves from athletes and clean up the industry as far as selling to kids. Even a voluntary over 21 label would be a good first start like we have had since the begining.
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  231 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.05%

I would be down having companies to have to meet label claims and to show ID to purchase but that would mean internet sales would drop think about it. how could you go about the purchase online thing , anyone could use someone else credit card, so thats a whole other can of worm. I also believe PA could help I dont think you should single him out
  15. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.54%

Quote Originally Posted by BLACK747 View Post
    I would be down having companies to have to meet label claims and to show ID to purchase but that would mean internet sales would drop think about it. how could you go about the purchase online thing , anyone could use someone else credit card, so thats a whole other can of worm. I also believe PA could help I dont think you should single him out
    There are many things that are age restrictive that can be purchased online. Credit Card purchases include a clause that says that the card holder is at least 18 years old, or has permission of card holder to use said card.

A first step in the right direction would be for the supplement industry to at least put intended ages on bottles. Don't need kids taking product in their formative years that can potentially stunt their growth.

I know DSHEA is a pain, but would it be possible to include more items on certain labels? Like on products that can produce adverse effects if not dosed properly or taken without proper cycle or pct. Items that can protect consumers as well as the companies, that way even the uninformed will have no excuse not to use a product properly or without proper additional items (pct, etc.)

I really like how we're still throwing ideas around in here. I still want my Million Muscle March!
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  231 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.05%

I agree but if you really want to clean up the supplement industry you have to look at everything including these run of the mill companies coming out saying they contain one thing and they dont and when they are caught in the wrong and called on it they threating with a law suit. For one thing its to easy for supplement companies to bring new supplements out without it bieng tested to meet label claims and i wish they would stop with all this fancy chemical talk break it down simple stupid [[peace]]
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  231 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.05%

A quick rule of thumb to people if you cant read whats on the label dont buy it.
  18. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.54%

So as opposed to shooting everything down how about being a little more constructive?

Maybe the installment of a reputable, unbiased facility that third party tests supplements to ensure that what's on the label is what's in the product. But if I were to say that I would be met with 'blah blah blah they'd be bought and become corrupt blee blee blee.'

There are many ways to get your point across without completely disavowing someone elses'.
    WHITE WHALE!
  19. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  231 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.05%

listen homeboy im not shooting everybody down im just stating my opinion on something if i offend you im sorry but the problem still exist
  20. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  231 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.05%

point still bieng if you dont know what you are taking i guess i should have put it that way ,dont take it and like i said before son PA could help.
  21. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.54%

All I'm saying is that it's usually more constructive to think of solutions instead of additional problems.
    WHITE WHALE!
  22. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  231 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.05%

I agree my friend [ i guess i should have said more simple labels is needed and holding supplement companies more accountable.
  23. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  231 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.05%

the label claims on some of these products needs to be more regulated also.
  24. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.54%

the label claims on some of these products needs to be more regulated also.
    But you CAN gain 8lbs in just 14 days with Nitrotech...I don't see the problem

In honesty I do agree with you. Some of the claims are a bit out there, 8 pounds of lean mass in 14 days...that's not natural.

Perhaps use averages/medians/etc. instead of that one oddity or genetic freak that yields ridiculous numbers when introduced to the product. I pick on Muscle Tech, but they do cite sources. Whether or not those sources are relevant to the product or if they're just using the one genetic anomaly from the results, they are allowing for customer investigation. But would enough people really inquire about those studies to justify supplement companies including them on their labels...or would including them on the label ensure a sort of (false?) legitimacy that encourages a sale?
    WHITE WHALE!
  25. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  231 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.05%

yeah i know but when some of these so call psophisicated companies come out with these claims of outlandish muscle growth pulling the unimformed in claiming drug like gains are crazy and greedy and thats one of the problem facing the supp industry as a whole and you are right who really research everything they take we all should and muscletech not the only company that makes these claims they just get more media coverage so to say lol
  26. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  231 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.85%

yeah i know but when some of these so call psophisicated companies come out with these claims of outlandish muscle growth pulling the unimformed in claiming drug like gains are crazy and greedy and thats one of the problem facing the supp industry as a whole and you are right who really research everything they take we all should and muscletech not the only company that makes these claims they just get more media coverage so to say lol
    dude. i'm sorry bro, but use some punctuation. i had to read this like 4 or 5 times to try to understand it.
  27. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.94%

how about requiring supplement companies to have available clinical studies explaining why and how their products work? If you want them that is. It wouldn't be attached to every product sold, but available on their website or by mail or something. This way it's a little more clear cut when people say Cell tech puts on so many hundreds of pounds of lean mass in a year

love that smiley
  28. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.91%

i dig the association idea.
  29. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  231 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.05%

man whatever.
  30. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  231 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.05%

Next time ,i will try to be a little more clearer. [dude] lol
  31. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.94%

if this is actually possible we do need to start organizing. It's a great idea for people who are like us, not just bodybuilders, but everyone. Gathering a list of Senators Representatives and Congress members we could contact as well as possible brands who, also, might be interested. This way several people, not just the handful who have discussed this here, could attempt to convince them to join 'our side' if you will. I'm assuming such "high standard" labels such as Muscletech and BSN wouldn't care. But the smaller brands like ALRI might jump all over it. Just my 0.02
  32. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.86%

Someone start something for me to join and help.

Give me

1. Join >>>Superduperbbassociation.com <<<

2. Then do 'x'

3. Let others know about 1 & 2

etc? Someone spark some sh!t and I'll fan the flames and get creative.
  33. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.92%

Well, the Arnold is coming up and I will talk to everyone about it there (smaller companies) then we can solicit the bigger ones too. We don't need much money, just a small amount per company would do it, like $1000 I think and we could actually have a voice in congress. The healthcare thing would just be a side benefit for people to join. Lower cost healthcare is something people can get through an association.
  34. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.94%

Quote Originally Posted by LegalGear View Post
    Well, the Arnold is coming up and I will talk to everyone about it there (smaller companies) then we can solicit the bigger ones too. We don't need much money, just a small amount per company would do it, like $1000 I think and we could actually have a voice in congress. The healthcare thing would just be a side benefit for people to join. Lower cost healthcare is something people can get through an association.
    Would be awesome! I think companies would be willing to join. Bigger companies may think they need to run the show though.
  35. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.6%

I'm in. I work in DC and I see first hand what a couple of lobbyists/congressional liaisons can do. It is absolutely insane the way our system works (by this I mean that I am disillusioned by the way that you can figure out how everything in Washington works by 'following the money') - and if no one is representing our interests as far as supplements go, someone with a monetary interest is going to take it eventually, and turn it into profit for themselves.
  36. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.86%

37. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.92%

We are not starting an organization to police the industry, hopefully that would happen on its own. We more want to stop the horrible press thrown upon the sport supplement world thanks to Balco and Mark McGuire with his bull**** "andro" remark.

This is about protecting our freedoms and our right to buy supplements. As for the advertising, if they can't get Extenz off the air with it's "made it bigger" marketing, then the world doesn't care about advertising really.
  38. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.94%

I never meant for my post to imply any attempt at policing the industry. My opinion is that if these studies/information was made available it would make it much more difficult for the media to imply no one knows what is in the product. Also it would clear up any lingering questions in parents and/or loved ones' heads about what we are taking. Also it would give little ground for people to stand on if they try to say "Oh I thought (insert designer steriod here) was in my Creatine."

It would protect all of us.

I should add that randomized batch testing would help as well. But I think some or most companies are doing this already.

Also I don't think any of this should be government enforced, rather privatized. I don't trust the Federal Government one solitary bit.
  39. Senior Member
    Stats
    7'5"  600 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.59%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by WhenAllFails View Post
    I never meant for my post to imply any attempt at policing the industry. My opinion is that if these studies/information was made available it would make it much more difficult for the media to imply no one knows what is in the product. Also it would clear up any lingering questions in parents and/or loved ones' heads about what we are taking. Also it would give little ground for people to stand on if they try to say "Oh I thought (insert designer steriod here) was in my Creatine."

I should add that randomized batch testing would help as well. But I think some or most companies are doing this already.

Also I don't think any of this should be government enforced, rather privatized. I don't trust the Federal Government one solitary bit.
  40. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  231 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.85%

Quote Originally Posted by WhenAllFails View Post

I concur. Very Good.

And great signature quote by the way.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Starting an albuterol log
    By NYhomeboy in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-13-2006, 11:08 PM
  2. If live in an Islamic country do NOT steal bread
    By CROWLER in forum General Chat
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 02-20-2006, 02:11 AM
  3. About to start an IGF-1 cycle...