What M1D is and isn't...the science behind it

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. You do know Aspartic Acid and Aspartate are the same exact compound, just different chemical nomenclature
    A false assertion easily refuted with a basic understanding of chemistry or by individuals willing to do a modicum research.

When aspartic acid is joined with zinc the acid is neutralized and a new molecule is formed.

Molecular formulas:

1) Aspartic acid

C4 H7 NO4

2) Zinc aspartate

C8 H12 N2 O8 Zn

The carboxylate anion, salt, or ester of aspartic acid is known as aspartate.

A molecule of sodium chloride, common table salt is formed from two different component molecules, sodium and chloride.
    This simple example applies for zinc aspartate.

Zinc aspartate is a salt.

In chemistry, salts are ionic compounds that can result from the neutralization reaction of an acid and a base. They are composed of related numbers of cations (positively charged ions) and anions (negative ions) so that the product is electrically neutral (without a net charge). These component ions can be inorganic such as chloride (Cl−), as well as organic such as acetate (C2H3O2−) and monatomic ions such as fluoride (F−), as well as polyatomic ions such as sulfate (SO42−).

Suffix ate:

-ate 2
    suffix
    1. A derivative of a specified chemical compound or element: aluminate.
    2. A salt or ester of a specified acid whose name ends in -ic: acetate.

[Ultimately from Latin - tus, past participle suff. of verbs in - re.]

> Aspartate is a major excitotoxin. L-Aspartate has long been proven to obliterate neurons at N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors.

2. I have tried to be patient with this but he just does not get it. Fresprt I get it you are not in favor of this ingredient, so just don't take it and please stop posting in this thread.
    It is unfortunate that an open, frank, factual discussions on the dangers of excitotoxicity causes you frustration. Perhaps if the product ingredients were changed to include a non-toxic form of zinc you might have less distress.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Fresprt View Post
    It is unfortunate that an open, frank, factual discussions on the dangers of excitotoxicity causes you frustration. Perhaps if the product ingredients were changed to include a non-toxic form of zinc you might have less distress.
    Are you trying to help or are you just being a jacka$$? because something tells me that you just got fired from your job and you have way to much time on your hands.
    SNS REP
    Hit me up with any questions any time.

4. Are you trying to help or are you just being a jacka$$? because something tells me that you just got fired from your job and you have way to much time on your hands.
    Although your use of profanity is formed in a question, reverting to the use profanity and name calling are a sure indication of a person with a weak platform to debate the topic intelligently.

Unlike your comparative swift response, my previous post was three week ago… If you had bothered to notice details before you typed your statement.

Do you have anything academic to contribute to this discussion on aspartate or are frivolous personal attacks the best you can do ?

5. Quote Originally Posted by Fresprt View Post
    Although your use of profanity is formed in a question, reverting the use profanity and name calling are a sure indication of a person with a weak platform to debate the topic intelligently.

Unlike your comparative swift response, my previous post was three week ago… If you had bothered to notice details before you typed your statement.

Do you have anything academic to contribute to this discussion on aspartate or are frivolous personal attacks the best you can do ?
    Blah blah blah big words big words pretentions a$$beating a dead horse. are you done?
    What I see there Mr. Academic is a guy who obviously has a hard on for LG Sciences, a company who makes quality products and has been doing so for years.
    I may not have a degree in chemistry but I am smart enough to realize when some one is trying to have an intelligent conversation vs being an ASSpartate <-- you see what I did there

And I realise that your original post was three weeks ago but what caused me to chime in was your need to come back three weeks later and continue to try and slam home your argument
    SNS REP
    •   

6. I was going to let this go, but since you keep coming back for more and enjoy linking to things without tying them together, I will make this so you can understand it. I had a lengthy post ready with citations and everything, but to not seem too rude, I'll just post these.

http://www.quackwatch.com/11Ind/mercola.html
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/health...,7369962.story
    http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/...-natural-news/

In short, your source of information is laughable and ranks up there with people taking advice from Dr. Oz about weight lifting supplements. Mercola is a snake oil salesmen and can hardly be called a doctor, and he should not hold a license. Countless physicians prescribe zinc aspartate for many of the illnesses you listed and at much greater quantities than the 10mg listed on the M1D label.

7. ^^^ proper use of a like
    SNS REP

8. In short, your source of information is laughable and ranks up there with people taking advice from Dr. Oz about weight lifting supplements. Mercola is a snake oil salesmen and can hardly be called a doctor, and he should not hold a license. Countless physicians prescribe zinc aspartate for many of the illnesses you listed and at much greater quantities than the 10mg listed on the M1D label.
    “Mercola is a snake oil salesmen and can hardly be called a doctor,”

Dr. Joseph Mercola
    Education:
    • University of Illinois at Chicago – (UIC) 1972-1976
    • Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine 1978-1982
    • Chicago Osteopathic Hospital 1982-1985 Family Practice Residency. Chief resident 1984-1985
    • Board Certified American College Osteopathic General Practitioners July 1985
    • State of Illinois Licensed Physician and Surgeon

“and he should not hold a license.”

I am unimpressed by simply pasting hyperlinks as you have done and I find nothing in particular among those hyperlinks that impresses me.

“In short, your source of information is laughable”

Conversely Dr. Mercola is continually in the habit of referencing his articles and books with scientific data from eminent researchers as demonstrated in the previous post that you mentioned. The post contains and small excerpt from his article "Aspartame: By Far the Most Dangerous Substance Added to Most Foods Today". The following paragraph is from my post on 12-12-2013, "How Aspartate (and Glutamate) Cause Damage", that quotes Dr. Mercola.

“A few of the many experts who have spoken out against the damage being caused by aspartate and glutamate include Adrienne Samuels, Ph.D., an experimental psychologist specializing in research design. Another is Olney, a professor in the department of psychiatry, School of Medicine, Washington University, a neuroscientist and researcher, and one of the world's foremost authorities on excitotoxins. (He informed G.D. Searle, [the manufacturer of aspartame] in 1971 that aspartic acid caused holes in the brains of mice.)”

In addition to Dr. Joseph Mercola I also referenced Dr. Russell L. Baylock board certified neurosurgeon, author, lecturer and educator.
    Dr. Russell L. Baylock
    russellblaylockmd.com
    Dr. Joseph Mercola
    mercola.com/forms/background.htm

“Countless physicians prescribe zinc aspartate for many of the illnesses you listed and at much greater quantities than the 10mg listed on the M1D label.”

Your statement is presented without merit. The science is sound. Aspartate is a major excitotoxin. L-Aspartate has long been proven to obliterate neurons at N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors.

It is unfortunate that you feel the need to attack this good man and good American who is now retired from active practice after many years in an honorable and admirable career as a healer. Your desperate attempt to discredit the good doctor serves as a distraction from the topic at hand. I am not dissuaded by your attempt to attack the messenger instead of the addressing the message and science on the subject of excitotoxicity.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Fresprt View Post

I am unimpressed by simply pasting hyperlinks as you have done and I find nothing in particular among those hyperlinks that impresses me.
    Name:  unimpressed_meme___4thelulz_by_icecreamfondue-d64s4s5.jpg
Views: 2001
Size:  83.2 KB
    SNS REP

10. "Conversely Dr. Mercola is continually in the habit of referencing his articles and books with scientific data from eminent researchers as demonstrated in the previous post that you mentioned. The post contains and small excerpt from his article "Aspartame: By Far the Most Dangerous Substance Added to Most Foods Today". The following paragraph is from my post on 12-12-2013, "How Aspartate (and Glutamate) Cause Damage", that quotes Dr. Mercola."

Boo!

Aspartame is not zinc aspartate

"In addition to Dr. Joseph Mercola I also referenced Dr. Russell L. Baylock board certified neurosurgeon, author, lecturer and educator."
    http://www.skepdic.com/blaylock.html

Boo!

1) Skeptical retirement
    2) The link above shows studies to discredit the majority of his statements
    3) He and Mercola both say not to get vaccinated against H1N1 because it's not dangerous......and you still believe them?

"Your statement is presented without merit. The science is sound. Aspartate is a major excitotoxin. L-Aspartate has long been proven to obliterate neurons at N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors."
    http://www.swansonvitamins.com/advan...rtate-100-tabs
    Boo!

Formulated at 40mg by Hans A. Nieper, M.D, who was much more renowned for his work with MS and cancer

Just accept that you were wrong by listening to something on TV and learn from you mistakes.

11. This is best you have to offer to affirm your position that aspartate is safe…
    Five divergent sentences and two irrelevant hyperlinks.

“Aspartame is not zinc aspartate”
    Which I already clarified in the post of 12-12-2013

“Skeptical retirement”
    Dr. Mercola has retired from clinical practice.

“Formulated at 40mg by Hans A. Nieper, M.D, who was much more renowned for his work with MS and cancer”
    Hans Nieper is not an authority on excitotoxicity and has not published any papers on the subject.

“The link above shows studies to discredit the majority of his statements”
    False. It does not.
    An anonymous author with no credentials who is a self-appointed medical authority on Dr. Russell L. Baylock
    The text contains many erroneous hyperlinks that discredit the article and there are zero citations of Dr. Baylock’s scholarly works.

“He and Mercola both say not to get vaccinated against H1N1 because it's not dangerous......and you still believe them?”
    And with good reason…

Dr. Mercola:
    The Canadian press recently broke the story that new research confirms initial findings that the flu vaccine appeared to actually increase people's risk of getting sick with H1N1, and cause more serious bouts of illness to boot.

According to the Vancouver Sun:

“Researchers, led by Vancouver's Dr. Danuta Skowronski, an influenza expert at the B.C. Centre for Disease Control, noticed in the early weeks of the [2009 H1N1] pandemic that people who got a flu shot for the 2008-09 winter seemed to be more likely to get infected with the pandemic virus than people who hadn't received a flu shot. Five studies done in several provinces showed the same unsettling results.”

Full Article
    Confirmed! Flu Vaccine INCREASES Risk of Serious Pandemic Flu Illness
    September 18, 2012
    mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/09/18/flu-shot-increases-flu-illness.aspx

You keep coming back for more and enjoy linking to things without tying them together
    Seems like an accurate description of your posts
  12. Aspartate Induced Brain Damage

Aspartate Induced Brain Damage

1) Glutamate and aspartate impair memory retention and damage hypothalamic neurons in adult mice.
    Toxicology Letters, 2000 May 19;115(2):117-25.

We examined the effects of systemic administration of monosodium glutamate (MSG) or aspartate (ASP) on the memory retention and neuronal damage in the brains of adult mice. Compared with the control mice, a single intraperitoneal injection of either 4.0 mg/g MSG or 0.5 mg/g ASP after acquisition trial significantly shortened the response latency in the passive avoidance test, accompanying by the transient weight loss. Histopathological analysis of the brains of these mice revealed that neurons in the arcuate nucleus of hypothalamus were damaged markedly by MSG (4.0 mg/g) or ASP (0.5 mg/g). Other brain areas including cerebral cortex and hippocampus did not show any pathological changes. These findings suggest that systemic administration of MSG or ASP could impair memory retention and damage hypothalamic neurons in adult mice.

2) Glutamate-type hypothalamic-pituitary syndrome in mice treated with aspartate or cysteate in infancy
    Journal of Neural Transmission
    Volume 35, Issue 3, pp 207-215, 1974

Monosodium L-glutamate (MSG), a neuroexcitatory amino acid is known to destroy hypothalamic (arcuate nucleus) neurons and give rise to subsequent obesity, skeletal stunting and reduced mass of pituitaries, ovaries and testes when administered subcutaneously to infant rodents. Here it is demonstrated that the same hypothalamic lesion and syndrome of neuroendocrine manifestations occurs following treatment of infant mice with either of two other neuroexcitatory amino acids (L-cysteic or L-aspartic acids) which destroy arcuate neurons but not from a structurally related amino acid (DL-α-aminoadipic acid) which lacks neuroexcitatory properties and spares arcuate neurons.

3) Brain Damage in Infant Mice following Oral Intake of Glutamate, Aspartate or Cysteine
    Nature Vol. 227, 8 August 1970
    nature.com/nature/journal/v227/n5258/pdf/227609b0.pdf

13. Quote Originally Posted by Fresprt View Post
    Seems like an accurate description of your posts
    Name:  dead-horse.gif
Views: 121
Size:  129.0 KB

Name:  88611-beating-dead-horse.gif
Views: 130
Size:  786.3 KB

Name:  beating-a-dead-horse-call-me-maybe.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  55.0 KB
    Name:  beating-a-dead-horse.png
Views: 229
Size:  89.4 KB
    not sure if you get the point yet....
    SNS REP

14. Quote Originally Posted by Fresprt View Post
    Aspartate Induced Brain Damage

1) Glutamate and aspartate impair memory retention and damage hypothalamic neurons in adult mice.
    Toxicology Letters, 2000 May 19;115(2):117-25.

We examined the effects of systemic administration of monosodium glutamate (MSG) or aspartate (ASP) on the memory retention and neuronal damage in the brains of adult mice. Compared with the control mice, a single intraperitoneal injection of either 4.0 mg/g MSG or 0.5 mg/g ASP after acquisition trial significantly shortened the response latency in the passive avoidance test, accompanying by the transient weight loss. Histopathological analysis of the brains of these mice revealed that neurons in the arcuate nucleus of hypothalamus were damaged markedly by MSG (4.0 mg/g) or ASP (0.5 mg/g). Other brain areas including cerebral cortex and hippocampus did not show any pathological changes. These findings suggest that systemic administration of MSG or ASP could impair memory retention and damage hypothalamic neurons in adult mice.

2) Glutamate-type hypothalamic-pituitary syndrome in mice treated with aspartate or cysteate in infancy
    Journal of Neural Transmission
    Volume 35, Issue 3, pp 207-215, 1974

Monosodium L-glutamate (MSG), a neuroexcitatory amino acid is known to destroy hypothalamic (arcuate nucleus) neurons and give rise to subsequent obesity, skeletal stunting and reduced mass of pituitaries, ovaries and testes when administered subcutaneously to infant rodents. Here it is demonstrated that the same hypothalamic lesion and syndrome of neuroendocrine manifestations occurs following treatment of infant mice with either of two other neuroexcitatory amino acids (L-cysteic or L-aspartic acids) which destroy arcuate neurons but not from a structurally related amino acid (DL-α-aminoadipic acid) which lacks neuroexcitatory properties and spares arcuate neurons.

3) Brain Damage in Infant Mice following Oral Intake of Glutamate, Aspartate or Cysteine
    Nature Vol. 227, 8 August 1970
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  25.3 KB
    BOARD TYRANT | TEAM GET DIESEL | GETDIESEL.COM
    FeFiFo.com support
    DIESEL TEST = Underground Kings of Test elevation!

15. I bet he cycles his creatine and follows iifym religiously

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-12-2011, 08:03 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-31-2010, 11:22 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-15-2009, 03:24 PM
  4. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-31-2009, 10:22 PM
  5. Replies: 2