Come on give it to me...my Lipotropic Protein was awesome - AnabolicMinds.com

Come on give it to me...my Lipotropic Protein was awesome

1. Board Sponsor

Reputation Reputation

Come on give it to me...my Lipotropic Protein was awesome

Each serving of Lipotropic protein had a over a gram of Betaine. I knew it was good stuff based on all of the feeding to pigs and the like...

Sadly the protein market is so corrupt we just couldn't compete making a quality product...

Basically this study shows that Betaine supplementation is really good for bodybuilders. "Six-weeks of betaine supplementation improved body composition, arm size, bench press work capacity, attenuated the rise in urinary HCTL, and tended to improve power (p = .07) but not strength."

J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2013 Aug 22;10(1):39. [Epub ahead of print]
    Effects of betaine on body composition, performance, and homocysteine thiolactone.
    Cholewa JM, Wyszczelska-Rokiel M, Glowacki R, Jakubowski H, Matthews T, Wood R, Craig SA, Paolone V.
    Abstract
    BACKGROUND:
    This study investigated the effects of long term betaine supplementation on body composition, performance, and homocysteine thiolactone (HCTL) in experienced strength trained men.
    METHODS:
    Twenty-three subjects were matched for training experience (4.8 +/- 2.3 years) and body fat percentage (BF%: 16.9 +/- 8.0%), randomly assigned to either a placebo (PL; n = 12) or betaine group (BET; n = 11; 2.5 g/day), and completed a 6 week periodized training program consisting of 3 two-week micro-cycles. Bench press and back squat training volumes were recorded and changes in training volume were assessed at each micro-cycle. Fasting urine was collected at baseline (BL), weeks 2, 4 and 6, and assayed for HCTL. Subjects were tested prior to and following 6 weeks of treatment. Arm and thigh cross sectional area (CSA) was estimated via girth and skin fold measurements. Body density was estimated via skin fold calipers and used to estimate BF%, fat mass (FM), and lean body mass (LBM). Performance was assessed via vertical jump (VJ), bench press 1 RM (BP), and back squat 1 RM (BS).
    RESULTS:
    Arm CSA increased significantly (p < .05) in BET but not PL. No differences existed between group and time for changes in thigh CSA. Back squat training volume increased significantly (p < .05) for both groups throughout training. Bench press training volume was significantly (p < .05) improved for BET compared to PL at microcycles one and three. Body composition (BF%, FM, LBM) improved significantly (p < .05) in BET but not PL. No differences were found in performance variables (BP, BS, VJ) between groups, except there was a trend (p = .07) for increased VJ power in BET versus PL. A significant interaction (p < .05) existed for HCTL, with increases from BL to week 2 in PL, but not BET. Additionally, HCTL remained elevated at week 4 in PL, but not BET.
    CONCLUSION:
    Six-weeks of betaine supplementation improved body composition, arm size, bench press work capacity, attenuated the rise in urinary HCTL, and tended to improve power (p = .07) but not strength.

2. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'3"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I'll definitely give you props Eric. You have consistently been ahead of the curve. For the record I really liked lipo protein and miss it. I also miss anadraulic state despite the horrid taste lol.
    Athletic Xtreme Team REP
    http://www.AthleticX.net/
    AXHOLE BY NATURE
  3. Board Sponsor

Reputation Reputation

The original AS? or the AS-GT?
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

I had some very sad customers at my store when I broke the news that it was no longer made. I would be nice if we could make a run and trying this again. Based on the blends I have made at a custom site that I believe to be true the quality of gemma protein has progressed and the taste is much improved over some of the stuff I tried years ago.
    LG Sciences/Legal Gear Rep
    Nothing I state is medical advice and is for informational purposes only.
  5. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'3"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by LG Sciences
    The original AS? or the AS-GT?
    To be honest I liked both. But I preferred the original. If you ever decided to reintroduce it. I think it would be awesome if all the arganine was replaced with agmatine.
    Athletic Xtreme Team REP
    http://www.AthleticX.net/
    AXHOLE BY NATURE
  6. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by flightposite

To be honest I liked both. But I preferred the original. If you ever decided to reintroduce it. I think it would be awesome if all the arganine was replaced with agmatine.
    And replaced the creatine EE with all creatine mono
  7. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation

Lipo was the awesomeness!! Anadrailic was my drink of choice for years!
  8. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  174 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I had tubs of Lipo for awhile cause I liked it.
    PES Representative
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I had bought like 6 tubs on close out, I really thought the vanilla was great, like a French vanilla flavor..
    ~SNS~ Serious Nutrition Solutions- Rep
    Cortisol control:ReduceXT/Test Boost:DAA (bulk&caps)/Pump/N.O.:Agmatine(bulk & caps)/Test/sleep support:ZMA **RB** Est Post #22
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Thoughts on DAA + Erase to finish my bulk?
    By EatMoar in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-08-2013, 07:15 PM
  2. You asked for it so we giving it to you!!!
    By power205 in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-24-2012, 04:16 PM
  3. how come on natadrol it says....
    By gymboyjb717 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-02-2010, 04:50 AM
  4. Taste Test - My Lipotropic Protein Review
    By Big_Tom(tk) in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-23-2009, 12:34 AM
  5. ok...give it to me straight here