Rosie's Review of Lipotropic Protein (Vanilla Flavour)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok, so I have now used a full tub of the Lipotropic Protein...

What is it?

http://store.anabolicminds.com/photos/13485/lipotropicprotein_large.jpg

* Polyphenols—burn fat by increasing mitochondria energy production
* Higher BCAA and Glutamine levels per 100g
* Lower Fat and Zero Cholesterol
* Lower Carbohydrate
* Zero Lactose means ZERO BLOAT!
* Improved Nutrient Profile
* Mixes Instantly
For more information see LG Sciences manufactures high quality anabolic prohormone bodybuilding supplements.

Formula: 9/10. I like the formula (except for the 'thickener' of soybean oil and corn syrup solids). I have always used protein powders that include BCAA's; but Lipotropic Protein contains all the amino acids. It also has NO sodium; as well as high protein, very low carbohydrate (NO sugars) and very low fat content per serve. For my goals and needs, this formula is just about perfect.

Smell: 7.5/10. Smell is fine; a bit like nuts and seeds. It grows on one after a while as well, so that you don't really notice it.

Taste: 9/10. I had the Vanilla flavour. It tastes a little bit like hempseed oil, only not as strong. It left an aftertaste like that of sunflower seeds, which was actually rather pleasant. I honestly don't see why people have a problem with the taste; it's great just as it is.

Mixibility: 10/10. I have protein powder with half a cup of oats (for breakfast), and in water (mid-morning and mid-afternoon). With breakfast I only use enough water to mix the powder and the oats together; there were never any clumps of powder at all, and it mixed well with the oats. When I had my protein shakes there was rarely any clumps there either.

Texture: 9/10. Lipotropic Protein has quite a thick, 'grainy' texture. Especially if mixed with water; the texture was like that of the porridge that my mum used to make when I was little. This is actually a good thing when having as a protein shake, as it gives a feeling of having had MORE than just a shake, and leaves a 'fuller' feeling.

Increasing Muscle Mass: N/A. I did not gain any muscle mass over the time that I used Lipotropic Protein. However, training was NOT targeted at muscle mass gains; and a week after I started using it I broke my left scaphoid and was unable to do any resistance training at all.

Fat Loss: N/A. Despite NO resistance training during almost the entire period of using Lipotropic Protein, my body composition remained within 9.7% BF to 10% BF (regardless of diet being at ~2800-4000 cal/day).

Overall: 9/10. Lipotropic Protein is a great protein powder overall. This is one of the better protein powders that I have used, and if given the option is in my top 2 choices to use.

Would I use it again? Yes. Not only is it a great protein powder overall, but it is very cost effective as well (at ~NZ$1 per serve).

Would I recommend? Yes. Definitely.

This review is also available in my thread (post #211) in the Supplement Reviews/Logs subsection of the Supplements Forum: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/112832-female-terminator-chronicles.html, and as a separate review in the Supplement Reviews/Logs subsection of the Supplements Forum: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/119865-rosies-review-lg.html.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Very detailed review and much appreciated

And might I add, if you liked this you'll be blown away by the next batch!

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
Awesome review Rosie, thanks for doing this for us :)

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Your reviews are always much appreciated. I am really glad to hear you enjoyed the product :)

KeyHAWK

KeyHAWK

Awards
Great review. I never tried the Val yet but I do use the choc and I like it. Have you used the choc and if so how do they compare to each other?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Very detailed review and much appreciated

And might I add, if you liked this you'll be blown away by the next batch!
Something to look forward to then :)

Awesome review Rosie, thanks for doing this for us :)
No worries, sweets. Thank YOU.

Your reviews are always much appreciated. I am really glad to hear you enjoyed the product :)
Yes, I did. Going to keep using this for my protein powder from now on.

Great review. I never tried the Val yet but I do use the choc and I like it. Have you used the choc and if so how do they compare to each other?
No, I have not used the Chocolate flavour, just the Vanilla. And I love it. Which is saying something; since I do NOT like vanilla ANYthing (so :thumbsup: LG) and generally cannot stand any other vanilla flavoured protein powder and prefer chocolate.

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Rosie always hands out a " hands down review ".. very solid!

And Im sure with what LG is mustering together right now we are all in for a treat :)

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Now, did you receive a tub from the second batch, or would this still be a tub from the first batch?

I ask because I tried the first batch, both Choc and Van, and liked them both but definitely liked the chocolate better. Vanilla needed a bit of work, IMO, but was still decent and I've been curious about the new batch with it's "improved" flavors ever since.

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
Now, did you receive a tub from the second batch, or would this still be a tub from the first batch?

I ask because I tried the first batch, both Choc and Van, and liked them both but definitely liked the chocolate better. Vanilla needed a bit of work, IMO, but was still decent and I've been curious about the new batch with it's "improved" flavors ever since.
I think Rosie got the first batch :)

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That PB should be great! Really looking foward to it.:) where was Eric flying to? I might go meet him , hehehe

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Okey doke - thanks! Lookin' forward to the release of the Spartan Protein. :)
Most definitely! I like the stuff we have now, but new products are always well worth the wait!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rosie always hands out a " hands down review ".. very solid!

And Im sure with what LG is mustering together right now we are all in for a treat :)
I just say it how it is.

Oooo, more treats :)

As Craig said, it was the first batch. If I get to try the chocolate flavour that's all good, but I'm sweet with the Vanilla.

Okey doke - thanks! Lookin' forward to the release of the Spartan Protein. :)
Spartan Protein? More information, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.