DEA looking to add four new steroids to Schedule III

Prince

Prince

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

The Designer Anabolic Steroid Control Act of 2014 gave the United States Attorney General the power to temporarily (and permanently) add new anabolic steroids to Schedule III, thereby making them controlled substances. This power hasn’t been used, ever, since it was codified into law. In fact, as near as I can tell, it’s never even been discussed at the Attorney General level.

But last month, on August 2nd and 3rd, the Department of Defense held a conference on nutrition and dietary supplements, where the DEA revealed that they were currently in the process of modifying regs, first by initiating temporary scheduling, then by initiating the process to formally control.

The products mentioned by the DEA for scheduling are:

Alpha One
(17α-methyl-5α-androst-1-ene-3β 17β-diol)

Dymethazine
(17β-hydroxy 2,17α-dimethyl 5α-androstan 3-one azine)

Methylstenbolone
(2,17α-dimethyl-5α-androsta-1-en-17β-ol-3-one)

4-DHEA/4-ANDRO
(androst-4 ene 3β,17β-diol)

Source: https://medium.com/@anthonyroberts/dea-looking-to-add-four-new-steroids-to-schedule-iii-1bd819b2e8eb

Attachments

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Smh!

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Who voted these idiots in office? America.. home of the free...indeed.

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nothing to stop them from doing it, Jared makes a lot of money from 4-dhea though so I assume he'll try and get an injunction over that one since there is plenty of legal argument for it being a derivative or metabolite of dhea which is explicitly exempted from DASCA and is a legal ingredient.

Sdog77

Sdog77

Awards
  • Established
Should make for some good 4-andro sales in the very near future though...lol

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

The Designer Anabolic Steroid Control Act of 2014 gave the United States Attorney General the power to temporarily (and permanently) add new anabolic steroids to Schedule III, thereby making them controlled substances. This power hasn’t been used, ever, since it was codified into law. In fact, as near as I can tell, it’s never even been discussed at the Attorney General level.

But last month, on August 2nd and 3rd, the Department of Defense held a conference on nutrition and dietary supplements, where the DEA revealed that they were currently in the process of modifying regs, first by initiating temporary scheduling, then by initiating the process to formally control.

The products mentioned by the DEA for scheduling are:

Alpha One
(17α-methyl-5α-androst-1-ene-3β 17β-diol)

Dymethazine
(17β-hydroxy 2,17α-dimethyl 5α-androstan 3-one azine)

Methylstenbolone
(2,17α-dimethyl-5α-androsta-1-en-17β-ol-3-one)

4-DHEA/4-ANDRO
(androst-4 ene 3β,17β-diol)

Source: https://medium.com/@anthonyroberts/dea-looking-to-add-four-new-steroids-to-schedule-iii-1bd819b2e8eb
Nothing to stop them from doing it, Jared makes a lot of money from 4-dhea though so I assume he'll try and get an injunction over that one since there is plenty of legal argument for it being a derivative or metabolite of dhea which is explicitly exempted from DASCA and is a legal ingredient.
They're looking to ban the compound: androst-4 ene 3β,17β-diol

That is 4-androstenediol

4-ANDRO is 4-Androstene-3b-ol, 17-one

Effectively, they want to ban the 4-AD from back in the day, not 4-ANDRO (which we use today)

It's early and I've only had one cup of coffee, but I'm pretty sure I have my nomenclatures correct on this

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Whats the Department of Defense have to do with Supplements...?

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

That is 4-androstenediol

Effectively, they want to ban the 4-AD from back in the day, not 4-ANDRO (which we use today)

It's early and I've only had one cup of coffee, but I'm pretty sure I have my nomenclatures correct on this
Oh cool, I didn't really even look at the compound nomenclature, just the title 4-DHEA/4-ANDRO.

Crisis averted boys, back to gains.

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Whats the Department of Defense have to do with Supplements...?
There's a lot of supplements sold in military consignment stores, and your unit potentially failing drug tests or going to jail is bad for readiness.

Prince

Prince

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

That is 4-androstenediol

I am pretty sure that 4-AD was banned years ago just like its sister 1-AD was.

Sdog77

Sdog77

Awards
  • Established

That is 4-androstenediol

Ehh, wasn't 4-ad already banned back in 2004?

Sdog77

Sdog77

Awards
  • Established
They've actually banned multiple nomenclatures of the same compounds on several occasions, because they apparently don't actually have anybody at the DEA that understands science.
And that right there is the scariest part. lol

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am pretty sure that 4-AD was banned years ago just like its sister 1-AD was.
Ehh, wasn't 4-ad already banned back in 2004?
They've actually banned multiple nomenclatures of the same compounds on several occasions, because they apparently don't actually have anybody at the DEA that understands science.
And that right there is the scariest part. lol

I don't think it was ever specifically added to the CIII list of banned ingredients, but I could be wrong.

All I know is the provided nomenclature in the OP is not 4-ANDRO that is sold today.

sinewave3

sinewave3

Awards
  • Established
So consensus is 4-ad already banned, but it would be sad to lose DMZ and alpha1 those are both potentially on the chopping block, right?

Ctict

Awards
They test for AAS in the military? What about substances banned by USADA? I honestly have no clue. It'd take a TON of time and money and I don't think the army would care if their guys were hitting the sost.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well buggered if I can find anything about this on fda or dea websites.

sinewave3

sinewave3

Awards
  • Established
Any updates on this? Maybe they got busy with the “opioid crisis” and forgot about scheduling more prohormones?

Prince

Prince

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Any updates on this? Maybe they got busy with the “opioid crisis” and forgot about scheduling more prohormones?
that and now they are after CBD oil, cause you know Big Pharma can't have any natural alternatives legally available to compete against their poison.

Prince

Prince

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
that and now they are after CBD oil, cause you know Big Pharma can't have any natural alternatives legally available to compete against their poison.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
take one prescription drug, you need two more to counter sides....currently there are many natural ingredients that work, who know how much longer this will last...they even have a prescription fish oil, I know this because my mom was prescribed it for $240 per month and her insurance wouldn't pay for it--I bought her some legit otc fish oil for under $20.

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So consensus is 4-ad already banned, but it would be sad to lose DMZ and alpha1 those are both potentially on the chopping block, right?
Technically dymethazine and methylstenbolone were already banned according to the most recent Anabolic Steroid Control Act. The wording is stated in such a way as to include ALL steroids, outside of the DHEA-based steroids. However, tons of companies kept selling them even though they were already blatantly banned substances, so they are now adding them to the list by name...even though it should be completely unnecessary because the prior legislation was so explicit.