Transdermal Carrier SALVO / how to use it

storm 011

storm 011

Awards
  • Established
Hi guys, I have a bottle Salvo, the Transdermal Carrier of the Iron Legion.
I would mix a powder compound with the carrier to use it topically.
the problem is that I can not add more than 3.4 grams in the bottle, or so it seems to have understood ..
Now, what am I doing with 3-4 grams? is very little to run a cycle of 3-4 weeks !!
any of you have any idea how to make the most of your product? :thinking:

IronLegion

IronLegion

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hi Storm, I'm not sure I completely understand your question.

But, the basic instructions for using Salvo are as follows:
Directions for use:
1. Weigh out the required amount of your active ingredient.
2. Optional: Remove label.
3. Use a funnel to add your powdered active ingredient directly into your Salvo bottle. (Note: To prevent overflow, it is recommended to perform this step very slowly. If overflow seems inevitable, perform steps 4, 5, and 6 before adding any more of your powdered active ingredient.)
4. Shake well.
5. Place your Salvo bottle in a basin of hot (near boiling) water, and let sit for 15-20 minutes. The bottle should be submerged to the shoulder. The bottle-cap, if on, should not be in-contact with the water.
6. Remove from basin and allow to cool before use.

Technical Notes:
-Salvo is generally compatible with active ingredients that have LogP values of 1.5-4.0. Salvo’s system is designed for use with lipophilic ingredients, does not affect the polar route of stratum corneum permeation, and thus compounds with lower lipophilicity will not partition adequately into the SC lipids. Compounds with LogP values higher than 4.0 might have such high affinity for those same SC lipids that they accumulate there & don’t reach the lower levels of the epidermis at reasonable concentrations.

-Molecular weight is a good indicator of chemical surface area, which is directly related to diffusion coefficient. As such, compounds with a MW >500 are not expected to work well in this topical system.
-’Melting point’ is an indicator of solubility in skin lipids. In general, compounds with low melting points are more compatible with topical solutions than compounds with high melting points.
-Ionized species will permeate less readily than free acid forms.​

BTW: what are you trying to mix, and what dose are you looking for?

storm 011

storm 011

Awards
  • Established
thanks for your answer, I'll try to explain better:
I have two bottles of the carrier .. and since I have an AI in capsule form with a blend of Acacetin, DIM, and vitamin D that works best when applied transdermally, I would open the capsule and dissolve the contents in the carrier, but the capsules are 120 and each capsule contains 527.5 mg of powder, the two bottles of the carrier together are 60 ml ......
Now, as you advise me to do?

IronLegion

IronLegion

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I don't think this will work in the way you're hoping...going from caps to TD is not as easy as most hope. and often, it just won't work.

first, there are fillers in the caps...this will make dissolving in the carrier challenging, and will be extremely counterproductive. Filtering out the fillers is really challenging too.

Second, depending on the compound, the carrier can only support 75-150mg of active per ML. I have not tried all those compounds, but some compounds are more challenging than others. Also, we normally don't work to over saturate the carrier.

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So do you have example of ingredient that would benefit this carrier?

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
Dhea, pregnenolone, trest, test basically steroids but we're talking about pure powders without fillers. Vitamins can work but why use expensive Salvo for cheap products like those. Most people would just mega dose vitamins but someone correct me if I'm wrong.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
off the top of my head..

• non methylated raw ph/ds powder
  • resveratrol
  • Laxogenin
  • 7-keto (kinda included in ph, but...)
  • etc

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Does herb like tonkat ali, acacetin can also be use?

IronLegion

IronLegion

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Does herb like tonkat ali, acacetin can also be use?
While I'm doubtful of the idea of a Tongkat Ali transdermal, acacetin would likely work in Salvo. I have not run any experiments on this compound, but the molecular weight is low enough that it should work.

do you have these bulk powders on hand?

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
While I'm doubtful of the idea of a Tongkat Ali transdermal, acacetin would likely work in Salvo. I have not run any experiments on this compound, but the molecular weight is low enough that it should work.

No I dont' I was just trying some idea

Derra2017

Awards

Hi I’m crushing up raloxifene hcl tablets to use directly on chest . It should work if done correctly ?