Hoping for some injury/mobility help

blongo804

blongo804

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys,

I'll keep this short and to the point.

1) In the pic, I circled where I get "flare ups" after high volume shoulder work or bench work. I would assume this is my anterior delt. At the moment it hurts to extend my arm upward, but it'll be better in 1-3 days most likely. What keeps causing this and is there a remedy? Stretching and warming up with light weight doesn't do the trick.

ouch.jpg

2) This may be related to #1. Ever since I gained about 10lbs on cycle (~195 to 205), I managed to slowly lose some sort of upper body mobility to the point I can't get under a barbell to squat anymore. The position I manage to get in really cranks the crap out of my elbows, so I just can't squat anymore. I don't know if it's shoulder, lat, or other related tightness. I know I gained a fair bit of upper back/chest width from the cycle, so I'm guessing it may be related. Has anyone ever experienced this? Looking for tips on how to remedy. Simply stretching all different ways doesn't help.

I'm hoping the picture posts because it says it failed. I'll try again in another post or on the computer when I get back to one. Let me know what you guys think. Any help is appreciated!

blongo804

blongo804

Awards
  • Established
Muscle pain, tendon or joint?
The place I circled feels like muscle pain. Almost as if it's a "pump" feeling, but more of a nagging/sharp pain. Like I can press on it the spot and hurt it.

florencenoir

Awards
I had pain in the same place and it was biceps tendonitis. Go to the doctor, only with imaging exams to have a correct diagnosis.

Ase_james

Awards
I had pain in the same place and it was biceps tendonitis. Go to the doctor, only with imaging exams to have a correct diagnosis.
This, I've also had bicep tendon issues.
Mine were fixed just by hanging and stretches. But I'd see a Dr too.