Bicep strain?

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So for a little over a week I’ve had pain near bicep brachialis. On top of forearm where bicep meets. Doing any underhand curl does not cause pain but neutral grip hammer curls cause sting. Don’t think it’s anything too serious but not going to push it. Thoughts?
IMG_4540.JPG

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Think he ment MRI mebe? Dunno
Ahhhh that would make sense. I was expecting an onslaught of fap references from the get go lol. I’m hoping to avoid an MRI but if it gets worse I will do what I have to.

AntSoldier

Awards
  • Established
Ahhhh that would make sense. I was expecting an onslaught of fap references from the get go lol. I’m hoping to avoid an MRI but if it gets worse I will do what I have to.
Was definitely a reference to too much right arm exercise in the absence of a up for it Mrs

Ase_james

Awards
I have some issues in my brachialis, I started hanging stretches daily and take a little time off arms and it does pretty good.

One thing I'll mention is if you don't take it easy and stretch them, you could lose use of your bicep... I speak from experience. When the tendon group attached gets messed up and the brachialis gets inflamed the brachialis takes over and my biceps give up.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have some issues in my brachialis, I started hanging stretches daily and take a little time off arms and it does pretty good.

One thing I'll mention is if you don't take it easy and stretch them, you could lose use of your bicep... I speak from experience. When the tendon group attached gets messed up and the brachialis gets inflamed the brachialis takes over and my biceps give up.
Thank you, sounds identical. Hanging stretches just sound like they would feel good on it actually. I plan on icing and topical cbd cream as well. Thanks!

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Decrease loading initially but continue to use it and increase intensity gradually. No need for MRI.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yeah dont do anything like hammer curls that cause pain

on a scale of 1-10 you can have some pain, but no more than a 6-7. Repping it out with light cables can help. Something that can help are VTgrips. That would isolate that muscle. They have helped me in a bicep strain I had

bigsmall

Banned
Awards
Change grips on your pulling exercises. Identify the adhesions in your forearm and at the root of the bicep tendon insertion and self deep massage them out or pay someone to do it. ART (Active Release Technique) works best. If your going to lift, these things are going to happen - you don't need an MRI. You need to learn to identify what is wrong and why it happened so you can learn from it. Just keep moving.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
hows it doing?
Much better thanks! I’ve toned it down on pulls/rows/curls and I am almost back to 100 percent. Straps have been getting used heavily as well and that has been crucial.

TheIronAsylum

Awards
  • Established
iv had some tendon sprains in the elbow from a bjj injury and it seems like theres some bicep tear or pull though anyone think its worth learning how to use bpc157 to fix it its been 6 weeks since injury and still bothering me