Supplements to heal hamstring

just_m77

Awards
Hello guys I just want to ask if there are any supplements that heal my high hamstring tendinopathy / tendonosis where i believe the tendon has thicked by the ischial tubrosity (it might even be ischial tendonitis. I was running two years ago and I pulled my hamstring i still continued to run for like a second or 2 more and it just went completely. I was unable to put any pressure on it for a month. Ever since I have had pain by the ischial tubrosity and my hamstring has felt tight ever since. I have read about various things BPC-157 stands out the most but I dont want to take any peptides or SARMS. I have taken cissus before but it had no effect but that could be because I bought it opened it then used it a year later. So if anyone has any advice please share. Thanks

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
This sounds more like scar tissue than lack of healing... if you have some level of strength in it, the healing has likely happened already (especially after 2 years). I also tore a hammy a few years back and it took months before I could even walk without a limp... the biggest thing I was told was to implement foam rolling and similar "aggressive" therapies after it was strong enough to use so that it would help to break up and clean up the scar tissue. I still have some tightness there, but no longer have any issues (if anyhting they are mental as I can still "feel" it there... that pop/tear feeling is forever in the back of my mouth like a damn car wreck ha).

As far as supplements, SNS Joint support XT and cissus xt are both geared to joint and tendon/ligament health. Theres an insane deal for $13.99 on Joint support xt right now too at smart powders (basically half price and prob more than half of most similar products)

just_m77

Awards
I have been rolling and stretching alot tbh and yeah now i can run on it, its just the pain where the hamstring that connects to the butt thats my issue. I feel like when i am running it is causing me to lose form because its weak there especially when i am running outside or on a track and slamming my foot down hard.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I have been rolling and stretching alot tbh and yeah now i can run on it, its just the pain where the hamstring that connects to the butt thats my issue. I feel like when i am running it is causing me to lose form because its weak there especially when i am running outside or on a track and slamming my foot down hard.
It might also be that you're unconsciously compensating in your movement patterns which is causing new stresses to different places in the muscle/tendons. It happens a lot with serious injuries that you end up with "other" nagging pains because the body forces you to do something to avoid putting any undue strain on the injury.

just_m77

Awards
maybe when i was first injured i think tight now i walk normal but with pain at the ischial tubrosity. so maybe how i was walking caused the aggravation but how do i sort it out now.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
maybe when i was first injured i think tight now i walk normal but with pain at the ischial tubrosity. so maybe how i was walking caused the aggravation but how do i sort it out now.
Time and consistency, unfortunate that’s it.