Bloody/Bruised Abs (Pic Attached)

CarneyFolk

CarneyFolk

Awards
Looking for some advice.

It seems minor, doesn’t hurt to breathe, but never had it bruise before. For years when I “over-do” ab exercises, my left ab, where it attaches to my rib would get sore. Usually goes away in 2-3 Days. I’ve been doing ab intensive calisthenics... hanging deadlifts, front lever drops, and back lever hold... it’s sore in the usual spot, right where the rib cage comes together at my breast plate on the left side. See picture.

I went to Google University and I’m thinking it’s the transversus abdominis, but have no idea. I’m tired of this recurring issue, and obviously now it’s bruising. Turning to you all for some help. What can I do to fix it? And is this an issue I should be concerned with?

IMG_0691.jpg

IMG_0693.jpg

jdwaca

jdwaca

Awards
Looking for some advice.

It seems minor, doesn’t hurt to breathe, but never had it bruise before. For years when I “over-do” ab exercises, my left ab, where it attaches to my rib would get sore. Usually goes away in 2-3 Days. I’ve been doing ab intensive calisthenics... hanging deadlifts, front lever drops, and back lever hold... it’s sore in the usual spot, right where the rib cage comes together at my breast plate on the left side. See picture.

I went to Google University and I’m thinking it’s the transversus abdominis, but have no idea. I’m tired of this recurring issue, and obviously now it’s bruising. Turning to you all for some help. What can I do to fix it? And is this an issue I should be concerned with?

View attachment 158387
View attachment 158389
Did you have anything pressing against your abs? I.e. pad from ab machine etc.

I’ve gotten similar marks from pressure.

CarneyFolk

CarneyFolk

Awards
I did some muscle ups today, it’s obvious to me that it’s from the bar. But still want to know how to fix the pain where my abs meet my ribs. The bruise was just the final straw for me to ask. Would graston be a solution? Could there be scar tissue from an old Sports injury that causes it to be tighter on that side of my body?

jdwaca

jdwaca

Awards
I did some muscle ups today, it’s obvious to me that it’s from the bar. But still want to know how to fix the pain where my abs meet my ribs. The bruise was just the final straw for me to ask. Would graston be a solution? Could there be scar tissue from an old Sports injury that causes it to be tighter on that side of my body?
Man it could be a number of things. Could just be that you damaged the connective tissue and it hasn’t had time to heal properly. If it were me, I’d just take a couple weeks off from abs and ease back into it and assess from there. I highly doubt it’s anything serious. If it is already damaged/injured, graston would make it worse I would think. Just my 2 cents. At the end of the day, your guess is as good as mine. I’d take some time off (from training core) and see how it feels.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Shiznitzz Anabolics 34
Mzone Anabolics 15
hove131 Anabolics 33
Nutrition / Health 15
qwerty33 Anabolics 13