Bloody/Bruised Abs (Pic Attached)

1. Bloody/Bruised Abs (Pic Attached)

Looking for some advice.

It seems minor, doesnít hurt to breathe, but never had it bruise before. For years when I ďover-doĒ ab exercises, my left ab, where it attaches to my rib would get sore. Usually goes away in 2-3 Days. Iíve been doing ab intensive calisthenics... hanging deadlifts, front lever drops, and back lever hold... itís sore in the usual spot, right where the rib cage comes together at my breast plate on the left side. See picture.

I went to Google University and Iím thinking itís the transversus abdominis, but have no idea. Iím tired of this recurring issue, and obviously now itís bruising. Turning to you all for some help. What can I do to fix it? And is this an issue I should be concerned with?

Name:  IMG_0691.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  407.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_0693.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  105.3 KB

2. Quote Originally Posted by CarneyFolk View Post
    Looking for some advice.

It seems minor, doesnít hurt to breathe, but never had it bruise before. For years when I ďover-doĒ ab exercises, my left ab, where it attaches to my rib would get sore. Usually goes away in 2-3 Days. Iíve been doing ab intensive calisthenics... hanging deadlifts, front lever drops, and back lever hold... itís sore in the usual spot, right where the rib cage comes together at my breast plate on the left side. See picture.

I went to Google University and Iím thinking itís the transversus abdominis, but have no idea. Iím tired of this recurring issue, and obviously now itís bruising. Turning to you all for some help. What can I do to fix it? And is this an issue I should be concerned with?

Name:  IMG_0691.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  407.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_0693.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  105.3 KB
    Did you have anything pressing against your abs? I.e. pad from ab machine etc.

Iíve gotten similar marks from pressure.
    •   

3. I did some muscle ups today, itís obvious to me that itís from the bar. But still want to know how to fix the pain where my abs meet my ribs. The bruise was just the final straw for me to ask. Would graston be a solution? Could there be scar tissue from an old Sports injury that causes it to be tighter on that side of my body?

4. Quote Originally Posted by CarneyFolk View Post
    I did some muscle ups today, itís obvious to me that itís from the bar. But still want to know how to fix the pain where my abs meet my ribs. The bruise was just the final straw for me to ask. Would graston be a solution? Could there be scar tissue from an old Sports injury that causes it to be tighter on that side of my body?
    Man it could be a number of things. Could just be that you damaged the connective tissue and it hasnít had time to heal properly. If it were me, Iíd just take a couple weeks off from abs and ease back into it and assess from there. I highly doubt itís anything serious. If it is already damaged/injured, graston would make it worse I would think. Just my 2 cents. At the end of the day, your guess is as good as mine. Iíd take some time off (from training core) and see how it feels.

Similar Forum Threads

1. [USA] 2 Natadrol ** Pic attached **
    By GQdaLEGEND in forum Supplement Auction
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-01-2017, 10:50 PM
  2. Lost my abs and need help. first time cutting. ~15% * PIC*
    By MysteriousNom in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-01-2014, 05:17 AM
  3. Problems attaching images/pics on this board
    By Whacked in forum General Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-24-2012, 07:11 PM
  4. How much longer until i can see visible abs? (Pics)
    By someguy1984 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-25-2008, 04:39 PM
  5. Replies: 40
    Last Post: 05-08-2006, 08:44 PM