Injury recovery , any suggestions needed!

  1. Injury recovery , any suggestions needed!


    Iím 19, and played collegiate football for a season then had my career cut short by a number of injuries. Most of my injuries have healed with time and rest, however, thereís one inflammatory injury that hasnít gone away. Cortisone shots and hot/cold therapy have given me almost 0 progress. Iíd like to return playing and would be very appreciative to anyone who has suggestions for a strong anti inflammatory/joint supplement!


  2. Quote Originally Posted by Headhunter26 View Post
    I’m 19, and played collegiate football for a season then had my career cut short by a number of injuries. Most of my injuries have healed with time and rest, however, there’s one inflammatory injury that hasn’t gone away. Cortisone shots and hot/cold therapy have given me almost 0 progress. I’d like to return playing and would be very appreciative to anyone who has suggestions for a strong anti inflammatory/joint supplement!
    What is the injury? For OTC joint support I prefer Genoflex. Cissus quadrangularis is a good ingredient in most quality joint supps that you can also buy in bulk for cheap. I'm also experimenting with types I,II, and III Collagen but it's too soon for a verdict. For my worst injuries I've experimented with BPC-157 and TB-500. BPC-157 absolutely made a big difference. TB-500 did not present a noticeable improvement.
    OLYMPUS LABS/OLYMPUS UK REP
    Use JEBROOK30 for 30% off at http://olympusuk.com/
    E-mail product questions to [email protected]
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by Jebrook View Post
    What is the injury? For OTC joint support I prefer Genoflex. Cissus quadrangularis is a good ingredient in most quality joint supps that you can also buy in bulk for cheap. I'm also experimenting with types I,II, and III Collagen but it's too soon for a verdict. For my worst injuries I've experimented with BPC-157 and TB-500. BPC-157 absolutely made a big difference. TB-500 did not present a noticeable improvement.
    Itís called a sesamoid fracture. Sesamoid are bones that arenít attached to anything, but instead are inside a tendon for support. There are two pea-sized bones under the big toe joint and one of them shattered due to stress and pounding. Like an idiot, I played through it and took just about everything to play. It only got worse, and left me with limited mobility in my big toe, which as you can guess effected my power and speed greatly. Itís really just an inflammation and joint mobility issue. For some people this injury happens and they get the inflammation in the joint to subside , but for some it lingers

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Jebrook View Post
    What is the injury? For OTC joint support I prefer Genoflex. Cissus quadrangularis is a good ingredient in most quality joint supps that you can also buy in bulk for cheap. I'm also experimenting with types I,II, and III Collagen but it's too soon for a verdict. For my worst injuries I've experimented with BPC-157 and TB-500. BPC-157 absolutely made a big difference. TB-500 did not present a noticeable improvement.
    Name:  IMG_1317.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  22.6 KB

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Headhunter26 View Post
    It’s called a sesamoid fracture. Sesamoid are bones that aren’t attached to anything, but instead are inside a tendon for support. There are two pea-sized bones under the big toe joint and one of them shattered due to stress and pounding. Like an idiot, I played through it and took just about everything to play. It only got worse, and left me with limited mobility in my big toe, which as you can guess effected my power and speed greatly. It’s really just an inflammation and joint mobility issue. For some people this injury happens and they get the inflammation in the joint to subside , but for some it lingers
    That is definitely an injury that would be tough to deal with. I would look into BPC-157 as it been shown in research studies to repair, tendon, ligaments, and bones. I've had great luck with it to assist in healing after an acromioplasty procedure to fix some nasty rotator impingement syndrome and reduce pain in my knee from a repaired ACL rupture several years after the surgical repair.

    Here's a link for BPC info:

    https://bengreenfieldfitness.com/art...o-use-bpc-157/
    Last edited by Jebrook; 09-24-2017 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Added info
    OLYMPUS LABS/OLYMPUS UK REP
    Use JEBROOK30 for 30% off at http://olympusuk.com/
    E-mail product questions to [email protected]
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by Headhunter26 View Post
    Itís called a sesamoid fracture. Sesamoid are bones that arenít attached to anything, but instead are inside a tendon for support. There are two pea-sized bones under the big toe joint and one of them shattered due to stress and pounding. Like an idiot, I played through it and took just about everything to play. It only got worse, and left me with limited mobility in my big toe, which as you can guess effected my power and speed greatly. Itís really just an inflammation and joint mobility issue. For some people this injury happens and they get the inflammation in the joint to subside , but for some it lingers
    How long ago was this? I know rest is a really ****ty answer but were you ever put in a boot for this? Bpc can help with this. Also being consistent on ibuprofen, to get itís anti inflammatory effects you need to be taking 3-4 800mg doses per day for 4 weeks. I like orange triad for my joint support along with some triple strength fish oils. Animal flex is a good option too and they just started making it in a powder.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-18-2017, 09:19 PM
  2. Injury/Recovery Peptide suggestions.
    By AdelV in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-29-2015, 05:18 PM
  3. Need a new stack for contest prep, any suggestions???
    By brolexander in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 09-04-2014, 12:39 AM
  4. i need a nutrionist any suggestion
    By dark child in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-12-2012, 10:20 PM
  5. Need some help developing a workout.. any suggestions?
    By ramyers2 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-23-2008, 08:26 PM
Log in
Log in