Shoulders

Dmcooper

Awards
My shoulders crack a lot during lateral raises. What could be the cause?

BrotherBurly

BrotherBurly

Awards
Does it get better with less weight or does it pretty much always happen ?

APC80

APC80

Awards
Same here, in fact my left cracks all the time hasn't been right for years. In for answers.

Dmcooper

Awards
Does it get better with less weight or does it pretty much always happen ?
It gets a little better but still does it with 5 lbs. I try different hand positions too and it cracks in every one.

BrotherBurly

BrotherBurly

Awards
Play football or anything in high school? Pops has problems lifting sometimes from a dislocation that happened over 20 years ago

Dmcooper

Awards
Play football or anything in high school? Pops has problems lifting sometimes from a dislocation that happened over 20 years ago
Didn't play any sports. Started lifting in 10th grade and benched way too much haha which I know is horrible. That's why I do a lot of pulling exercises now. Just seems like my shoulders are very weak now.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If it doesnt hurt its okay for it to pop

that said I hurt my elbows majorily and was forced to take off a year of upper body back in 2008 and still have to watch it to this day with arms or theyll get sore. Just done do anything that hurts too bad. Know your limits

FRITZBLITZ

FRITZBLITZ

Banned
Awards
I have had that in my shoulders and big time in knees from football and hockey. I don't remember the science behind it except the pops are combo of fluid and joint parts, but a PT therapist told me to take potassium and cranberry as a diuretic and supplement a lot of MSM my shoulders improved alot, knees not as much but it was worth it.