Patellar Tendonitis

Steezy

Steezy

Awards
  • Established
Okay so, I am only creating this thread because this does not seem like a normal case of knee/patella pain. I am someone who always warms up (foam roll, stretch, etc) and focuses on form when squatting. Obviously you cant always prevent injury 100% but in this case I performed one working set of squats and it felt fine until I went to do my second set. I unracked the weight and when I went to do the eccentric part of the squat underneath my knee felt tight and inflamed. I know this sounds like some type of tendonitis but there was no before/after symptoms which usually occurs from stress over time. Has anyone had this from feeling 100% fine during and after one set of squat to then doing another set with a sudden pain in the knee capsule??

Thanks.

CCV3

CCV3

Awards
  • Established
Yes, but I know I have a problem with my right knee due to wear and tear.
Sometimes it kicks in out of no where. I'll be walking down the aisle of the grocery store and my knee will buckle like bambi. Then I play it off and look around to see who saw me. Haha.

What works for me is 10 minutes on the bike before I hit legs.
Then 10 mintues at the end.

Barca1323

Awards
Look at your hips and ankles. If they are tight you take that lack of motion and direct it right into your knee instead of through the proper joints. Those r two easy places to look for just a start as long as the issue isn't from an injury or something like that

fitfreak_CP

fitfreak_CP

Awards
I have this issue. Just like Barca1323 said. My hips and quads were extremely tight. Once i did more stretching and foam rolling my knee issues drastically diminished. Also icing after legs helps