KEEPING MUSCLE DURING 6 MONTH LAY OFF

1. KEEPING MUSCLE DURING 6 MONTH LAY OFF

Hey guys,

Long time lurker and finally decided to make an account.

So I had a labral tear about 2-3 years ago and never really knew what it was. I got an xray at the time but it never did much.

I lifted normal until now but my shoulder was always unstable and popped and cracked alot.

I wanted to know what this whole thing was about and why it never healed so I got an MRI done recently and looks like its a shoulder labral tear.

Surgery seems to be the only way to fix it.

I plan to get into combat sports and lemme tell you, this shoulder is pretty unstable to do any bjj and boxing without worrying of re-injuring it again.

So let's say I went ahead and did the surgery...

From researching recovery time, it looks like an easy 6 month lay off before you really can do much exercise such as bench press, over head press, and anything involving those arms and before you can actually start pushing it.

I do not want to lose all those gains and be skinny as hell.

Is there a way to retain like 90% of my gains. I'm thinking of just staying on SARMS such as LGD and ostarine during the recovery.

Any ideas, or tips?

2. Staying on SARMs long-term and just doing any sort of exercise safely possible is probably your best bet, tbh. Might add some MK-677 in there as well. Healing and whatnot.
    •   

3. I feel ya. I just found out Friday mine is torn and having surgery in the next few weeks.

4. The glenoid labrum has a good blood supply so it can sometimes heal on it's own. It's common to tear this area especially in the case of dislocation, especially if you've dislocated it more than once, or repetitive movements. You will be in a sling for 4 weeks, and someone else will move your shoulder to keep it from locking down...any shoulder surgery is usually a long rehab...you're right in thinking just the PT afterwards will be a good 3 months minimum..and no overhead heavy lifting for 6 months..

As far as supplements, perhaps lean xtreme or PS, would be a good anticatabolic type supplement...good luck.
    PT,DPT,OCS

5. Are your lifts declining or do you still feel pain? Just asking becase you didn't mention that and you were just going of fthe fact it was clicking\popping.

As for as jiu jitsu, ya, staying off the mat is tough. You could techincally just go for instructionals but I rather roll if I am going to go. I've been off the mat for 5 months now. Sucks. I plan to get back in soon and just roll light. I'll tap early if I feel that my shoulder is in danger, I don't care.

You can always kick box. Just watch out and don't swing your arm too much if you practice any Muay Thai.

Good luck with your surgery, if you do proceed with it.
    Get shredded or die mirin'
    •   

•