Patellar Tendon Pain

1. Patellar Tendon Pain

I've had some pain right below both knee caps where it meets the top of the shin bone. The right knee is far worse though. It's not that bad, but when I kneel down or squat, it feels like a rubber band being stretched too far. Is this patellar tendinitis? Any thoughts as to what to do? I've had it 12 weeks now and haven't don't any lower body work that whole time basically and it's no better. Thanks in advance.

2. I recently tore my patellar tendon. And the pain your describing is nothing like what mine is. When it happened at first, I was on crutches for about a week and a half. Then when I could walk again, it would only hurt badly when I put pressure on it. Now maybe 2 months later I'm still not doing heaving lower body work, but it only hurts when i put too much strain on it (be it from running, twisting, or lifting something heavy). Have you had this diagnosed by a doctor?
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by JordanTwitch View Post
    I recently tore my patellar tendon. And the pain your describing is nothing like what mine is. When it happened at first, I was on crutches for about a week and a half. Then when I could walk again, it would only hurt badly when I put pressure on it. Now maybe 2 months later I'm still not doing heaving lower body work, but it only hurts when i put too much strain on it (be it from running, twisting, or lifting something heavy). Have you had this diagnosed by a doctor?
    Nah, not diagnosed. It's far better now than it was than when it first started. I've only been squatting and dead lifting 135, and concentrating on breaking at the hips first, working much more on hamstring development and the adductor machine. And more stretching. That all seems to have helped. But I can still feel like a rubber band snap in my knee on almost every step I take. Something still isn't right.

4. Quote Originally Posted by GreenMachineX View Post
    Nah, not diagnosed. It's far better now than it was than when it first started. I've only been squatting and dead lifting 135, and concentrating on breaking at the hips first, working much more on hamstring development and the adductor machine. And more stretching. That all seems to have helped. But I can still feel like a rubber band snap in my knee on almost every step I take. Something still isn't right.
    I'd still get that checked out. You could be like me one day and not even able to squat 135 without discomfort. And you said you're concentrating on breaking at the hips first, what's your reasoning behind that?

Similar Forum Threads

1. Anabeta elite post patellar tendon surgery alright?
    By CaptainSlentz in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-25-2013, 04:29 PM
  2. My tendonitis pain is slowly going away
    By v1rt in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-10-2012, 01:44 AM
  3. Bicep/forearm tendon pain
    By Posh_NoshTosh in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-10-2012, 01:17 PM
  4. Uber tendon pain...