Fingers going numb multiple times daily

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by jswain34 View Post
    Lol. It isnt compartment syndrome. That develops into tissue necrosis bc intracompartmental pressure > mean arterial pressure and therefore the blood cant reach the tissue w/in the compartment. The internet doctoring is getting a bit excessive in this thread, i am sorry that i contributed to it.
    I'm suggesting that it is acute compartment syndrome caused by the fascia being to tight thus constricting blood vessels and increasing pressure inside the muscle while in a certain position causing lowered blood flow giving the pins and needles. For it to become necrotic it has to be over a prolonged period.

2. Not trying to be rude but rather start a debate
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by jaces View Post
    Not trying to be rude but rather start a debate
    Welcome to most threads in the injury forum. Gotta control ourselves in here, just like when we see bad form in the gym. Just look the other way LOL

4. Quote Originally Posted by Brandinooooo View Post
    So for the past few weeks my index, middle and ring finger on my right hand have been going numb a few times a day. Nothing else goes numb and its hard to get the feeling back.

I do have a torn rotator cuff in that shoulder along with an impingement that led to some shoulder instability. I've had this problem for a few years now.

I haven't injured anything as far as I know lately. I'm thinking I pinched a nerve in my wrist or elbow. Any insight on how to help or fix this?

Thanks
    I know im wee bit late but I have the same issue it is mostly likely nerve damage due to the shoulder injuries

5. Quote Originally Posted by celc5 View Post
    Welcome to most threads in the injury forum. Gotta control ourselves in here, just like when we see bad form in the gym. Just look the other way LOL
    Haha yeah i can sound like an ass sometimes but it's not intentional
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    I think of cervical radiculopathy.
    C6-C7 nerve root in the neck:
    Weakness in triceps muscle and wrist, numbness of the back of the arm and middle finger.
    Possible but unless he was getting hit in the back or head a ton doesn't seem likely

7. Quote Originally Posted by rtmilburn View Post
    I know im wee bit late but I have the same issue it is mostly likely nerve damage due to the shoulder injuries
    Never to late to join a good debate. Hmm before I suggested the compartment syndrome i also thought brachial plexus but then he would have weakness in that arm and usually pain in the shoulder, plus it would be more in one arm than both?

8. Quote Originally Posted by jaces View Post
    Never to late to join a good debate. Hmm before I suggested the compartment syndrome i also thought brachial plexus but then he would have weakness in that arm and usually pain in the shoulder, plus it would be more in one arm than both?
    Still think brachial plexus fits. He may be unaware of a mild injury in the other arm. As for loss of strength yes that would be expected but it also depends on the level of impingement or damage

9. Quote Originally Posted by rtmilburn View Post
    Still think brachial plexus fits. He may be unaware of a mild injury in the other arm. As for loss of strength yes that would be expected but it also depends on the level of impingement or damage
    Agreed, im not very educated in those nurves so i cant say much about them

10. With a brachial plexus isnt scapula winging or an inability to retract the scapula properly also a side effect?

11. Quote Originally Posted by jaces View Post
    With a brachial plexus isnt scapula winging or an inability to retract the scapula properly also a side effect?
    Not positive on that I think so but I don't for sure
  12. Fingers going numb multiple times daily

Quote Originally Posted by jaces View Post
    I'm suggesting that it is acute compartment syndrome caused by the fascia being to tight thus constricting blood vessels and increasing pressure inside the muscle while in a certain position causing lowered blood flow giving the pins and needles. For it to become necrotic it has to be over a prolonged period.
    Lol...It isn't acute compartment syndrome. You do realize that acute compartment syndrome warrants emergency surgery to prevent tissue necrosis, right? He'd have bigger problems if that were the cause of 3 of his fingers going numb intermittently. Time for you to quit playing internet doctor. Do a little more research. Didyou even ask dr. Google? Name:  ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1491758998.024164.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  148.5 KB

Edit: i realize i am probably coming off as a bit of an ass. It really isn't my intent to do so, but it just really annoys me when people give ridiculous medical advice/information online. I dont get why its so accepted to give/take medical advice online from someone who has had 0 formal education on the matter.
    Training log:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/267913-jswains-training-log.html

13. Quote Originally Posted by rtmilburn View Post
    Not positive on that I think so but I don't for sure
    Not a side effect, typically the causation.
    Training log:

14. Quote Originally Posted by jaces View Post
    Agreed, im not very educated in those nurves so i cant say much about them
    What about those nErves?
    Training log:

15. You need to see an ortho and get test done to find out what's wrong instead of everyone here telling what is wrong with you.
    The longer it takes to go get your MRI and EMG and what ever other test the orthos suggest the worse your condition will become.
    MileHighKratom, StraightUpKratom representative Use coupon:mace15 for 15% OFF your next order either sites MileHighKratom.com

16. Quote Originally Posted by macedog24 View Post
    You need to see an ortho and get test done to find out what's wrong instead of everyone here telling what is wrong with you.
    The longer it takes to go get your MRI and EMG and what ever other test the orthos suggest the worse your condition will become.
    This has been covered already. He's already set up his appointment and had been advised not to have the EMG based on his history, symptoms, and paying out of pocket.

An EMG NCV is likely to state that he has nerve irritation to the perioheral nerves that are making his fingers numb. His problem is intermittant which may lead to "car starts when u have it at the mechanics" situation, in other words tests show nothing and he has to take out of loan to pay for the test. Ncv/EMG can be useful to get insurance authorization as support for a neurosurgeon who needs more objective evidence.

An MRI isnt necessary either. It is implied that his shoulder has already been diagnosed.

Furthermore, OP has specifically stated that it might be getting a little better already.

Op, this thread has completely derailed. You have zero indication of compartment syndrome or vascular (blood flow) issue based on ur posts. These guys will have u calling the coroner next, u'll be lucky to survive the weekend!!! LOL

17. So I went to the doc, turns out I'm transgender with an unborn twin living in my shoulder.

Lol.

Sorry had to lighten the mood a bit. But it was the impingement in my shoulder causing stress on the nerve thus making it numb at times.

18. Quote Originally Posted by Brandinooooo View Post
    So I went to the doc, turns out I'm transgender with an unborn twin living in my shoulder.

Lol.

Sorry had to lighten the mood a bit. But it was the impingement in my shoulder causing stress on the nerve thus making it numb at times.
    I figure as much! That's what I was diagnosed with after my shoulder injuries. As I had very VERY similar symptoms. I waiting for nerve restore to be re-released and see if that helps as in one of the shoulder the damage I have can't be fixed with surgery and the other needs surgery BAD!! Although I'm way to poor for surgery.

19. Quote Originally Posted by Brandinooooo View Post
    So I went to the doc, turns out I'm transgender with an unborn twin living in my shoulder.

Lol.

Mic drop!

20. Quote Originally Posted by jswain34 View Post
    Lol...It isn't acute compartment syndrome. You do realize that acute compartment syndrome warrants emergency surgery to prevent tissue necrosis, right? He'd have bigger problems if that were the cause of 3 of his fingers going numb intermittently. Time for you to quit playing internet doctor. Do a little more research. Didyou even ask dr. Google? Name:  ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1491758998.024164.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  148.5 KB

Edit: i realize i am probably coming off as a bit of an ass. It really isn't my intent to do so, but it just really annoys me when people give ridiculous medical advice/information online. I dont get why its so accepted to give/take medical advice online from someone who has had 0 formal education on the matter.
    I think you should use firefox, google is a bit of a broad search engine for you

21. Just bustin your balls , went back and found my clinical pharmacy books, mixed up acute and chronic compartment syndrome, apologize for my mistake
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Arms going numb from squats
    By natandrb in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-03-2009, 05:29 PM
  2. Arms/Hands going numb after starting HGH
    By Jason12676 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-08-2009, 10:39 PM
  3. Trainning two times daily, is it clever ?
    By pocketboy in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-13-2007, 11:28 AM
  4. "if Only I Could Go Back In Time"
    By methyl-D in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-26-2006, 03:17 PM