lower back pain

terrzLOO9

Awards
Where on this website is the Complete solution for fixing lower back pain? I would like to try these exercises.

Thank you.

Barca1323

Awards
Not sure where the complete solution is but a good place to start is stretching the hip flexors, primarily the Psoas and work on some hip mobility. Usually clears up most low back pain

hamzazaidas

hamzazaidas

Awards
Where on this website is the Complete solution for fixing lower back pain? I would like to try these exercises.

Thank you.

There isn't really an actual soloution to this..

I use to struggle a lot with it in the past until my lower back muscles became stronger through training and stretching.

Make sure you stretch your lower back prior to training in general, as most exercises put some extent of pressure on it.

Also, I would avoid really heavy lifts (deadlifts) for example, and go for lower weights, higher reps until you strengthen your back muscles.

hamzazaidas

hamzazaidas

Awards
You need to explain more about your pain and issues
I agree with this.. then we might be able to help judging by if it's muscle pain, or something to do with your spine/nerve etc.

veneartio

Awards
Before my current job i worked with rehab and the vast mass was lower back pain.
In alot of cases a weak or inactive transversus abdominus paired with a weak or inactive gluteus ( both major and medius) was the biggest reason.

2 exercises i gave to pretty much all the klients where Glute bridge with a miniband arount the knees (helps activating medius) and a exercise called Deadbugs for the transversus.

Doing them eod 3sets of 15-20 did help 95% or so within 1-2 weeks.

And when they get to easy you make a progression to make them harder intill they are strong enough and work as intended in squats, deadlifts or hiphinge exercises.

Google the exercises and try to find a good tutorial esp for deadbugs cuz its a pretty hard yet simple exercise.

veneartio

Awards
Contrary to what many belive lower back problems is early caused by a weak back but by a weak core and glute that allow you hip to rotate forward. Aka lower cross syndrome

Tearbear

Awards
I typically get back issues. I believe it is due to some minor disc rupture issues. It seems to only happen when I come directly off cycle. I try to really focus on core strength. I have to limit the exercises I do

M.I.D

M.I.D

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I typically get back issues. I believe it is due to some minor disc rupture issues. It seems to only happen when I come directly off cycle. I try to really focus on core strength. I have to limit the exercises I do
You would be in a lot of pain if you had a ruptured disc, you may have a slight bulge instead.

Tearbear

Awards
You would be in a lot of pain if you had a ruptured disc, you may have a slight bulge instead.
Semantics. Bulge, rupture, and herniated get thrown around, but you are right. It is a matter of how extensive the injury. It is definitely not surgery worthy, but when it happens, I'm not walking easily for a few days. It takes awhile to recover

M.I.D

M.I.D

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Semantics. Bulge, rupture, and herniated get thrown around, but you are right. It is a matter of how extensive the injury. It is definitely not surgery worthy, but when it happens, I'm not walking easily for a few days. It takes awhile to recover
Ye it will just swell and irritate no doubt..

I ruptured my disc and was pretty much paralysed until surgery

Tearbear

Awards
Ye it will just swell and irritate no doubt..

I ruptured my disc and was pretty much paralysed until surgery
It definitely makes you question if the gym is worth it

M.I.D

M.I.D

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It definitely makes you question if the gym is worth it
If you have correct form then you should never be injured, easier said than done of course, some people are just prone to injury and have weak points.

But... once injured, the gym is definitely worth it, exercise makes my back so much better, If I have a lazy weekend, boy can I feel it on Monday

jaces

jaces

Awards
The best approach here would be to first identify what sort of pain, isit a sharp pinch pain or a burning longer lasting pain? Is the pain down low basicly the height of you iliac crest or below that? Isit only when youre in a certain position or not? Does the pain move from the iliac crest down one of you're legs? Isit only after training certain thing\movements? If you can answer a few of these or give more info we might have a beter idea of what suggestions to make or advice to give