Project: Rehab into Progress

hazard12

hazard12

Awards
  • Established
I am trying to figure out the best way to go about the project I am currently undertaking and I was hoping some of you could pitch in to help me maximize results.

Background:

I started lifting very irresponsibly at the age of 14 for the sole reason of losing weight (was about 5'5 190lb). By the age of 15 and through 16 my weight was around 150lb. I successfully lost most of the extra weight but in the process I lost muscle weight and stopped my growth spurt (yay me right!?). I was terribly misguided at the time and theres nothing I can do about that now.

From ages 16-18 I managed to gain some weight lifting, eating better and using various natural supplements. During this time I started accumulating small injuries around my lower back, shoulders and left elbow, none were serious enough to stop me and stubborn stupid me had better things to worry about. I believe I managed to get to around 165lb-170lb with 14%bf.

From ages 18-21 my foolishness peaked and instead of addressing the injuries I had at the time (which in retrospect were probably the main reason for my plateaus), I decided to address the injury and plateau issue by starting cycles of steroids and prohormones (I believe I finished 4-5 in total of varying duration. All of them carried out properly with PCT and cycle support.) Although hormonal imbalance was a serious danger, I was smart enough to get away without that being messed up UNTIL the beginning of the end...

At around age 21, at the peak of my performance and bodybuilding (185lb with around 10-12%bf) and in the middle of my last cycle to the date (I believe it was a LGD-4033 cycle) my body suddenly went from feeling great to minor injury and after a week of rest it suddenly developed a MAJOR almost systemic injury which I was unable to explain for years. The injury consisted of sharp stabbing pain around my left shoulderblade initially. As weeks went by the pain spread around my upper and lower back and then around my left ribs and then finally into my left chest and front left ribs. Physically, various trigger points started appearing and pulling my body in every direction creating unbearable pain and discomfort.

Fast forward 2 years and I have finally found something to help me started on my journey towards healing. A friend of mine learned how to do deep tissue massage therapy and Graston scrapping. These 2 techniques and a LOT of painful sessions allowed me to finally get back to running.

A couple months after that I was able to start very gentle weight lifting and I finally started seeing some improvements to my body composition (my 185lb with 10-12%bf had turned into 195lb with about 20%bf or more).

A couple of months later I realized I could improve my recovery if I switched some of my weight lifting sessions for bikram yoga (which turned out to be my miracle).

Thanks to 3 months of bikram yoga, a reasonable amount of weight lifting (although still with relatively light weights) and daily stretching, I have finally gotten to the part in my recovery where I can start planning something other than "recovery".

Project:
Pretty much since I started Bikram Yoga I have been recomping very well. So far I am at 185lb with about 13-14%bf. What I want to do now is figure out how to bridge from this recovery period back into my glory days (aesthetically and stregthwise).

1) I know I dont want to stop the yoga since right now its the cornerstone of my recovery and is actually a very good workout for many reasons. What I do need to figure out is what would be the best ratio of yoga/gym days and what those gym days would be composed of.

2) Right now I am using Follidrone 2.0, Laxozome and pretty much every standard supplement recommended (BCAA, Creatine, PA, Probiotics, Vitamin D, etc..). I want to figure out what supplements could help me in my future endeavors.

3) As of this moment I am still doing a recomp, however, when I can fully say "I am no longer held back by an injury" I want to start either a cut or bulk to start getting some solid results. Id like some help figuring out which one would be a better choice for someone in my position. Depending on this choice I also want to consider adding specific anabolics (I was thinking a low dose osta/Epi andro cycle for a cut or a mid dose osta for a bulk, cycles like these are the only I will consider from now on as I dont plan on messing with my hormones like I used to anymore. A serious PCT will be used for either of these cycles, I dont care if it is an overkill, I dont play with my hormones anymore and I will gladly throw my money into the trash can rather than risk any chance of something going wrong).

There is still much more information relevant to my case but I dont want this to turn into a bigger wall of text than it already is. If you need any other info to better assess my situation and be able to provide better help dont hesitate to post it here or send me PM.