Plantar fasciitis

jonnyroyal86

Awards
Hey everyone out there. I've had plantar fasciitis off n on for about 6 months. If anyone has had it, you know how hard it is to do cardio. And if you've never had it, I hope you never do. Anyone have any good tips on cardio? I'm about 60% rt now, scale pain 1-10 is 3, so my heel n Achilles is sore. Thanks again, any help is appreciated.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I had plantar fasciitis for a good year myself. I put on "heel seats" and started taking SNS JOINT SUPPORT XT. the combination has pretty much alleviated any symptoms.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Stick your calves, slant board stretching, and roll your arch over a frozen water bottle. Do this nightly for 4-6 weeks and don't slack on it. Simple addition has really improved and helped my feet!

jonnyroyal86

Awards
Thanks guys for the info, much appreciated

Last edited:
liftthingsup

liftthingsup

Awards
I'm just getting over Plantar Fasciitis after about 6 months. I did some stationary bike for cardio, but that was about it. There are plenty of articles on physical therapy out there. Stretching the soleus (standing soleus stretch...like a standing calf stretch but bend the knee slightly) helped a lot. My pain was in the heel and arch. I also got a "sand ball" and really pushed on it where it hurt to break up the scar tissue. It hurts like hell when you do it, but feels awesome later....like 50 shades of grey and ****..lol. The docs gave me some Voltaren Gel....miracle gel for the foot and small strains elsewhere when you get them. I picked up a golf ball with my toes to strengthen the front of the foot. Take it easy bro and do some work on it for 20-30 minutes a day. It seems like a waste of time compared my ability to spend 4 hours in the gym, but it works. It just takes time. I feel for ya! Get better and keep hitting the weights. TheMovement nailed some good ones above too!

jonnyroyal86

Awards
Thanks for your advice. I've been rolling with a frozen water bottle and tennis ball. Yes hurts a lot, but feels good later also stretching n massage has helped. Will try the golf ball today. Thanks a lot.

liftthingsup

liftthingsup

Awards
Yeah, the golf ball thing or placing a hand/gym towel on a hard wood/tile floor and "gripping" it with your toes builds strength in the front of the foot. I hate running already so an injury that prevents it at all just makes that cardio extra difficult. I was surprised to even get PF since I don't run much, but read that a lot gym rats get it just from training/over training calves. Weird.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What really helped mine was:
1) Pull your bedspread/covers up in such a way as to allow your toes to point upward while you sleep. If the foot of the bed covers pull down on your toes this contributes to PF.
2) Perform calf raises off a 4 inch high block of wood.