Hamstring tear

Jeremy Lifts

Jeremy Lifts

Awards
Has anyone ever torn one or both hamstrings and if so were you ever able to be 100% confident you wouldn't tear again?

I've torn both hamstrings twice playing semi pro football and though it's been 2 years since my last tear it still feels like it may pop doing something as simple as a lat pulldown.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Has anyone ever torn one or both hamstrings and if so were you ever able to be 100% confident you wouldn't tear again?

I've torn both hamstrings twice playing semi pro football and though it's been 2 years since my last tear it still feels like it may pop doing something as simple as a lat pulldown.
I tore one of mine about 2.5 years ago... it was well over a year before I didnt feel that "pre-pop" feeling doing everyday thigns like leaning over to put my shoes on and such... Now its pretty much 100% fine except on heavy hamsting moves it seems to get sore moreso than the other side (I assume its still slightly weaker) but I also notice I've also developed quite a few habits that have me doing things on only the good leg (i.e bending over to pick things up I will stick the "bad" leg out vs just bending with both)... Cant imagine having both... seems like a tough road

Jeremy Lifts

Jeremy Lifts

Awards
Yea I still seem to do things more on my right side. The left had the more sever tear both times. It's just aggravating feeling like it can pop again at any time.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yea I still seem to do things more on my right side. The left had the more sever tear both times. It's just aggravating feeling like it can pop again at any time.
The only cure is time... I thought it might be like that forever but slowly you think about it less and less as it gets stronger and more normal.

It was the saw way when I had surgery on my index finger after shattering it. They had to go in and move tendons around and such to set the bone right and it would pop and stick and do all kinds of weird things for almost two years before it became "normal" again. Still a bit crooked tho ha

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Me. 2 years ago and scares the sh1t out of me anytime I do legs. Mine never healed correctly because of my own situation, but as boonemann77 said time.