Bicep Tendonitis?

Bodybeast

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys. So for over a month I haven't been able to train biceps because my left bicep at the bottom near the elbow hurts a lot. I've been icing it daily and using Aleve but i don't know how much it is helping.
When it first happened I didn't use it... Couldn't do any weights for a few weeks and it got better. Now I can lift but it definitely doesn't feel good on back day (lots of pulling) and I can't curl without it being extremely uncomfortable and painful.

I know... Rest and see a sports med... But I rather not as I am already in PT for my ACL surgery. PT said ice and massage.

Any advice? Wanted to start a 1andro cycle soon but don't know if it'll help or cause no change .

HPGuitar

HPGuitar

Awards
I was dealing with the same issue for months. Rest is obviously the best method of recovery, but working for a moving company and weight training never allowed me time to fully recover. I started using cissus about 3 weeks ago and the results have been amazing. It has almost completely eliminated my pain and inflammation, and has allowed me to start doing heavy curls and pull ups once again. Not sure if my results are based on actual healing taking place or, most likely, just the anti inflammatory qualities of cissus. Either way, I will be buying more soon.

Bodybeast

Awards
  • Established
I was dealing with the same issue for months. Rest is obviously the best method of recovery, but working for a moving company and weight training never allowed me time to fully recover. I started using cissus about 3 weeks ago and the results have been amazing. It has almost completely eliminated my pain and inflammation, and has allowed me to start doing heavy curls and pull ups once again. Not sure if my results are based on actual healing taking place or, most likely, just the anti inflammatory qualities of cissus. Either way, I will be buying more soon.
Where did you get your cissus? Brand? Looked on amazon and can't tell what is junk and what isnt

Burnfire

Burnfire

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
SNS Cissus XT did me some good when I ran it. I used it for almost 4 months and could seriously tell it's benefits and am missing it now that I'm on cycle without some.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
SNS Cissus XT did me some good when I ran it. I used it for almost 4 months and could seriously tell it's benefits and am missing it now that I'm on cycle without some.
Stack it with SNS JOINT SUPPORT XT for even better results!

Bodybeast

Awards
  • Established
I purchased from amazon. It is Absonutrix cissus xtreme.
Thanks guys! Much appreciated. Just purchased one!

Do you think I should still start my andro/19dhea cycle next week?

Burnfire

Burnfire

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks guys! Much appreciated. Just purchased one!

Do you think I should still start my andro/19dhea cycle next week?
You can start if you feel up to it. If not start the cissus and wait about 2 weeks and see how you feel.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I had exactly this for a long time. What helped me was a compression cuff on the bicep that hurt while doing any squats and pressing.

Before any pressing I'd do these two as a warmup:

https://youtu.be/txrvbXmqbcY

https://youtu.be/SrykKsK4CHM

Over time this issue with my lower bicep completely went away. I still do the above for prevention, but now do some videos in this link below because now I have the tendinitis in the upper arm. I wish I had been more preventative.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNh-BlBhdOq9DlVtXSzAf41m9khwfNSu-

Good luck. It took me about 5 months of this to fix it.

Bodybeast

Awards
  • Established
I had exactly this for a long time. What helped me was a compression cuff on the bicep that hurt while doing any squats and pressing.

Before any pressing I'd do these two as a warmup:

https://youtu.be/txrvbXmqbcY

https://youtu.be/SrykKsK4CHM

Over time this issue with my lower bicep completely went away. I still do the above for prevention, but now do some videos in this link below because now I have the tendinitis in the upper arm. I wish I had been more preventative.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNh-BlBhdOq9DlVtXSzAf41m9khwfNSu-

Good luck. It took me about 5 months of this to fix it.
5 months?! Damn! Appreciate your response and the videos. Luckily it's not a shoulder related bicep injury

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
5 months?! Damn! Appreciate your response and the videos. Luckily it's not a shoulder related bicep injury
It's possible I may have recovered quicker with other variables. I should've switched from high bar to low bar squaring and maybe even stopped benching for a few weeks all together. Icing and ibuprofen may have even helped. I'm also in my mid 30's so recovery might've been quicker if I were in my 20's.

It's hard to diagnose individual triggers. Sometimes it takes us a while.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My bicep Tendonitis started with huge pain here:

But with how I've treated it it's down to here, and only slightly:

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bicep Tendonitis almost 100% gone due to the Stretches and stuff I posted.

Unfortunately, my supraspinatus tendon, the one tied to rotator cuff injury, is now hurt. I assume the extra stretch and focus on the bicep tendon without doing RC mobility may have caused this.

I'll start a new thread for that and start identifying how to eliminate that one, too.

Edit: I posted previously that the pain was slight on the supraspinatus tendon. That has increased to a constant irritation.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Edit: wrong thread