Knees Bothering Me, Tips?

ThePunisher32

Awards
My knees are bothering me pretty much daily. I haven't been very kind to them over the years and know I am paying the price.

Would knee sleeves help during leg day? Any other tips?

Low

Low

Awards
H.A. by purity products, Glucosamine, Chondroitin sulfate work well. Naproxen can help relieve swelling of its really bad.. you can double the dose on H.A. and take 2 pills 3 times a day..

bigsmall

Banned
Awards
If your quads, hips, IT band, calves, glutes, hams etc...any of these areas are tight, it can effect knee alignment and cause pain and discomfort. If that is not the case, supplementation can help.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How are they bothering you??

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Aching mostly.
Only while you are squatting?
If not...
Does rolling out or doing the trigger point therapy in the quads, hams and calves help or have an effect?
How are your shoes/soles, and does a heel make a difference good or bad?

When squatting, I get relief from wrapping and or I use Rehbands at times too. They seem to give some relief for me.

ThePunisher32

Awards
Pretty much all the time, but, get worse with the weather here in Florida. This past week has been brutal, with the hurricane moving in. I'm open to trying just about anything for some sense of normalcy.

bigsmall

Banned
Awards
Pretty much all the time, but, get worse with the weather here in Florida. This past week has been brutal, with the hurricane moving in. I'm open to trying just about anything for some sense of normalcy.
Sounds like you have allot of adhesions in the quads, IT band, hams. calves and that facia is glued to the muscles and tendons. And that nothing is stretching anymore. Time to get some heavy duty massage, trigger point release and introduce changes to start moving this thing in a new direction (rolling, flossing, band work, yoga moves, ball work to self work out adhesions)...so you can enjoy lifting and not get old too quick brother.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Any knee issue ive had has been helped with more hip stretching, knee sleeves, and this:

What part of Florida are you at?

Waterford

Awards
Are you flat footed or have a high arch? You can try some otc orthotics. If that doesn't help try stretching and working your hips. When I was having knee pain my doctor said the majority of knee pain comes from two sources. Our feet and hips.