Lower Back Injury

M

Mr.SJ

Awards
What's up everyone, I saw this section of the forum and thought I'd make a topic and see if I can't get some help with a nagging injury..

I was in the gym about a month ago, did 5 sets of squats, light weight for reps, no issues.. Knocked out a dozen sets of pull-ups and came back to finish with deadlifts.. I put 225 on the bar to warm up, 6 inches off the ground and bam.. I got a shooting pain, but it wasn't in my lower back to be exact.. It's more in tail bone area.. It makes me feel like I have to walk with my stomach pushed out and lower back arched.. It hurts to sneeze at times, it's more in my nerves.. Well it's been a month like I said and it's still bothering me at times.. Can't really lift anymore and putting on clothes or shoes is a task.. I would have simply went to the doctor but didn't have insurance, finally I should have it this week though.. So my question is, has this happened to anyone else? What was there outcome? How did they heal it? Etc etc

I've tried to stretch it out daily but it honestly makes it worse. Just seems like my mobility is at 60% of what it was.

Any help here would be appreciated..

C

Cjt

Awards
Sounds like ligament damage Google Coccydynia might help to find a temporary relief. But doctor is way forward as it has persisted for so long

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
This sounds like exactly what happened with my back, really never got a conclusive answer on what the issue was but 3 trips to the chiropractor made it way better, 2 years now and I can still feel the pain at times but it doesn't stop me from doing anything, prehab/ rehab stuff look up Dr. Stuart McGill and read everything, watch all the videos you find his stuff helps alot

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
A muscle stimulator is good,too buy. A wooden ball called mr happy helps too, to push in pinched nerves.

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
I really like those massage cups. The bruises are horrible but I have been addicted to those. I lost the connector piece, so I ordered a new set.,

kelso312

kelso312

Awards
  • Established
Your psoas runs from the front of your leg and connects at your lower vertebrae.

If you strained it, it is probably went tonic to protect itself (shortened/tight) -which would explain why you are walking around with an exaggerated lower back arch with stomache pushed out, and making tasks like putting on socks and tying shoes make you feel like you were a 90 year old man.

Go see your dr and tell him you think your strained your lower back/psoas get somee flexerill a steroid pack and spendevery chance you can get on a heating pad.

M.I.D

M.I.D

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
sounds like you bulged a disc tbh, and it pressed slightly on your nerves.... been there done that, 2x L5-S1 operations for ruptured disc

Smash the back extensions, once at the top, breath out to get a bigger extension.... do this for next 4 weeks or so.... see a osteopath or chiro... then once all this has done and its settled, smash the core exercises...

V

veloforce

Awards
Could be a bulged or herniated disk. Best way to find out is via an MRI. Don't be foam rolling and putting wooden balls to make the bad problem worse...trust me. And no amount of NSAIDS can get to your vertebrae to reduce the inflammation. Get a cortisone shot and physical therapy.

S

Smoke1981

Awards
Number one you are going to have to take time to heal. I had back surgery at 32, bulging disc pressing the nerve. You have to protect your back! I'm 44 this month with nerve issues in my spine but I lift 6 days a week. Don't do alot right now that compresses your spine. I've found that the inverted table helps also, good luck

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Second the inversion table! Been dealing with a herniated disc in the bottom 2 vertebrae. Been getting better with the table and stretched every day. Still get some random shots of pain down my leg but like 90%better than I was when it happened 2 months ago.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Stuart Mcgills "Big three"
Add in dead bugs, stir the pots and pallof presses.

^^ if it's indeed disc related.

M.I.D

M.I.D

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
3rd on inversion table, I bought one when originally did my back, does wonders!

As said, avoid direct load on spine

M

macwad

Awards
  • Established
Yes, very likely to be disc related.
Read about the Mckenzie method; it is by far the best way to heal.