HIIT W/knee problem

RugbyBaller91

RugbyBaller91

Awards
Looking to shave some of my love handles off and get back in shape for rugby season have a torn acl from spring season still trying to rehab it hopefully without the surgery but can't find anything that doesn't make my knee scream Iv tried jogging,sprints,suicides,etc only thing that Iv done that hasn't bothered it is the elliptical but I LOATH the elliptical just curious if any one has had to deal with this issue I'm gunna try stairs here in a little bit see what happens

Epolis13

Epolis13

Awards
You've confirmed that your ACL is fully torn? Not much you're gonna be able to do if that thing is flappin' in the breeze. Some continue to train, but you're not going to be able to do HIIT effectively with stuff like sprints if your ACL is fully torn.

RugbyBaller91

RugbyBaller91

Awards
Complete functional tore whatever that means lol and that's what I'm learning

Epolis13

Epolis13

Awards
It's not something I'd f**k around with, tbh. I'd talk to your doc or a PT about what you can do. You can do more harm than good pushing this and you can end up with really bad degenerative OA at a young age if you're not careful.

RugbyBaller91

RugbyBaller91

Awards
I'd love to get the surgery doc told me reconstructive but Iv got kids to feed that's the only thing holding me back trying to figure out a alternative lol

JRowe79

JRowe79

Awards
I'd keep doing the elliptical. Just because it doesn't hurt it, you can do different variations and hills. That's what I do and I can manage alright, it's boring at times but it puts the least amount of stress on my knees.

RugbyBaller91

RugbyBaller91

Awards
I'd keep doing the elliptical. Just because it doesn't hurt it, you can do different variations and hills. That's what I do and I can manage alright, it's boring at times but it puts the least amount of stress on my knees.
Yea your right that's what Iv been doing anything else hurts to bad the day after

Epolis13

Epolis13

Awards
I'd love to get the surgery doc told me reconstructive but Iv got kids to feed that's the only thing holding me back trying to figure out a alternative lol
I hear you, dude. Trust me. I had this injury back in 1999. It's not going to re-attach itself and you're not going to be able to get back to functionality without repairing it. I'm sorry. I wish you the best of luck.

RugbyBaller91

RugbyBaller91

Awards
I hear you, dude. Trust me. I had this injury back in 1999. It's not going to re-attach itself and you're not going to be able to get back to functionality without repairing it. I'm sorry. I wish you the best of luck.
Appreciate it brother I think I might get the scope done to get a good estimate on how long il be out glad your repair held up

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
Battling ropes, arms only, your knees won't feel a thing! :D

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
Nice, love rowing machines, nice break from steppers, ellipticals, and treadmills, wish my gym had one.