Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I have ongoing shoulder pain that keeps getting worse and no clue how it came on. Sleeping is a challenge CU's of the pain. Can't bench over 185 or press overhead with more then 50lb db without feeling like I'm gonna get seriously hurt. The pain runs into my arm and up my neck. It comes and goes but mostly stays. Any ideas? Rotator cuff maybe? Waiting for my insurance to kick in so looking for ideas till I can get a xray

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
The Labrum is very common to tear in the shoulder. I'm having surgery to repair mine in a couple days.

Have you ever dislocated your shoulder? Look into BPC 157. I just bought so for post surgery and also for my other shoulder as its been getting way over used and has been hurting lately too.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This sounds similar to how I've been feeling lately. It's definitely RC-like pain, but there's no way to tell to which extent you have it.

Recently I've stopped ohp and incline bench and kept my flat bench at or below 75%. I've been doing these:

https://youtu.be/txrvbXmqbcY

banded scapular retractions, either banded or DB RC work, and shoulderok on every lifting day. It feels way better today after doing this a little over a week, so I'll see how it feels shortly.

I've also been told that pull-aparts and many many lateral reverse raises prevent it too.

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
The RC is such an @$$#ole, if your insurance will cover it try to get an MRI along with the X-Ray. My doctor never confirmed a full tear but I do believe I went a full 6 HORRIBLE weeks of no bench, no OHP.

Started a threat that may offer some help in dealing with this:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=282556

Good luck to you buddy, hope it gets better real quick.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
The RC is such an @$$#ole, if your insurance will cover it try to get an MRI along with the X-Ray. My doctor never confirmed a full tear but I do believe I went a full 6 HORRIBLE weeks of no bench, no OHP.

Started a threat that may offer some help in dealing with this:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=282556

Good luck to you buddy, hope it gets better real quick.
That's the plan but my insurance through work ain't kicked in yet so I gotta wait a week or so more

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
That blows are you able to actively stretch without pain?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I can stretch n move it pretty good but its painful to do so n hurts most at night when I'm trying to sleep. Takes forever to find a comfortable position

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I can stretch n move it pretty good but its painful to do so n hurts most at night when I'm trying to sleep. Takes forever to find a comfortable position
I'm starting BPC today for both shoulders, the one that got repaired and the other that's just been giving me trouble. I will keep a log and post a link here for you if you want.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm starting BPC today for both shoulders, the one that got repaired and the other that's just been giving me trouble. I will keep a log and post a link here for you if you want.
Please tag me in it. I'm interested in running it as well

AllTheGainz

Awards
If you think you've messed your RC up you could try to run through some innies and outies. Those specifically target the RC and further specifically only target parts of it at a time so you could see where your pain actually is coming from. You don't want to duck with your shoulders mate. I ****ed mine up baaaad and it took me a year of rehab to get it back to normal(ish). I didn't do surgery but I'll have to in the future.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Xray didn't show too much but I still need a MRI. The pain is starting to shoot down my arm and up my nseck now and fingers get tingling from time to time. Definitely a pinched nerve in there but waiting on a MRI to see what else

AllTheGainz

Awards
Xray didn't show too much but I still need a MRI. The pain is starting to shoot down my arm and up my nseck now and fingers get tingling from time to time. Definitely a pinched nerve in there but waiting on a MRI to see what else
I had an X-ray done for mine and it didn't show anything but my problem was EXACTLY like yours. Shooting pain that tingled up and down my arm, sometimes even up to my neck. Did you do anything traumatic to your shoulder? Feel anything pop or tear?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Nothing. Just came outta nowhere. Now my shoulder makes weird cracking sounds. Originally I thought I just sleep on it wrong but it got worse and worse. Its leveled off now. Doesn't get worse but not better either

AllTheGainz

Awards
Nothing. Just came outta nowhere. Now my shoulder makes weird cracking sounds. Originally I thought I just sleep on it wrong but it got worse and worse. Its leveled off now. Doesn't get worse but not better either
Cracking as in how? There's a massive difference between cracking and poping. If it's cracking it could be a meniscus issue or possibly a bursa issue, poping could be a lot of really severe issues.
Edit: if it was your rotator cuff you'd know if you messed it up, there should have been a pop or tear and some absolutely hell on earth sharp pain.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
The actual pain is pretty constant but the little piping noises when I move it around don't hurt

AllTheGainz

Awards
Sounds like my left shoulder, it'll pop from time to time when I move it because I dislocated it. Took a while for the pain to go away tho. Best case scenario is you just pulled sometime while working out, worst case is you might have damaged the disk or bursa. If it doesn't hurt when it pops then that's a really good sign that something probably isn't torn but just stretched out a lot.

Edit: I'm no doctor so it's best to consult a license practitioner if your issues persist.