Lifted's Guide to Super Shoulder Rehab

Page 3 of 3 First 123

1. @lifted67

My brotha wassup.
    Question about the shoulder.

My right shoulder was giving me/is..? Problems when lifting.
    I was doing chest today 315-225lb drop setting
    Shoulder once again giving issues.
    In my rest break I was messing around chasing an arm pump before last set and going home. Love looking at myself pumped.

So either way, in the squat rack I curled 105 5 times. Set the bar down, put my right hand down, and squatted putting upwards pressure on the shoulder, then POP. Heard it through my blasting music.
    I ran to the bench to get a last set in before what I thought was over lifting for awhile, and I felt great. No pain. Still no swelling, feels great!

Could it have been out of place or rubbing against something? Tendons twisted?
    Thanks brother!

2. It has been bothering me weeks.
    I can't go to the doctor because for my job I had to sign a waiver stating that they get all my medical records, can't have anything pop up.
    So trying to do this solo.
    Cycling right now as well.

Might set up chiropractor in a few weeks
    •   

3. The pain issue is right near my front delt and bone.
    If I rotate my arm like I'm in overhead press position forward then back up, it pops everytime.

4. You could have had the ligament impinged in the RC itself and it finally slid across acronium and out
    I'm here to swap stories, help when I can, and make people laugh. Don't take me too seriously.

5. Be very careful though and giving lots of stretching and heat soaks.
    I'm here to swap stories, help when I can, and make people laugh. Don't take me too seriously.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by lifted67 View Post
    Be very careful though and giving lots of stretching and heat soaks.
    Yea I'm gonna give it heat and I always stretch. Doesn't really help to much, going to do best I can.
    Thanks brotha

7. Where the acromion meets the CA ligament is that where it's hurting?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

8. Quote Originally Posted by lifted67 View Post
    Where the acromion meets the CA ligament is that where it's hurting?
    Yes!
    It pops everytime I do rotator cuff stretches

9. Yeah sounds like an impingement not a tear. Get some deep tissue massage/ART on that joint bro

10. Quote Originally Posted by lifted67 View Post
    Yeah sounds like an impingement not a tear. Get some deep tissue massage/ART on that joint bro
    So no need for a chiro then?
    Just a miserable massage? Lol

11. A good chiro will be able to do ART, but a massage will help, especially with a happy ending lmao

12. Quote Originally Posted by lifted67 View Post
    A good chiro will be able to do ART, but a massage will help, especially with a happy ending lmao
    My buddy is a surgeon and finally was able to get back to me.
    He had me run some self test with a helping hand, and explain everything to him, with videos etc..

He thinks based on what I have told him, showed him, and what it sounds like... It's a labrum tear.
    Surgery fix only..

He asked me to stay away from benching/upper body for a week, with 800mg ibuprofen Ed. There is internal swelling most likely called subacromial bursitis. If in a week my shoulder is feeling better, it would indicate just that.

This goes to say we weren't able to physically meet and have him test, but he's a pretty smart guy.

Ok gonna follow his orders and hope **** gets better.
    Also said no chiro if it is labrum.

Shot just hit the fan... No shoulder or bench press???
    That means I actually have to focus on abs and legs???

13. well at least you're taking steps to fix this! Be safe, a few months off bench is better than a few years post op recovery.

14. Great thread here. Currently working through some shoulder issues. Can't tell if it's a tear or impingement and don't want to pay for another MRI.

15. Quote Originally Posted by GreenMachineX View Post
    Great thread here. Currently working through some shoulder issues. Can't tell if it's a tear or impingement and don't want to pay for another MRI.
    It could be both! Call around and get quotes from different imaging centers. It's worth it to know what's going in order to guide in the recovery/healing or your surgical options.

16. Quote Originally Posted by ELROCK View Post
    It could be both! Call around and get quotes from different imaging centers. It's worth it to know what's going in order to guide in the recovery/healing or your surgical options.
    I already had 1 that showed tendinosis. That was before I couldn't lift my arm in certain angles. Can't do a strict lateral raise unless I turn my thumb up. I'm in physical therapy now, 2 weeks in. Another MRI would only be $125, but if physical therapy doesn't work, then I'll need surgery anyway, right?

17. I got deep tissue massage every week for months, plus implemented rotator cuff exercises nearly every workout, foam rolling etc

Tendinitis gone

18. If it is the AC joint I recently did it in on a bench. Took off entirely from any exercises affecting the area for five weeks and did therapy exercises with those videos provided by Eric Cressey. It has gone well. Previous occasion took six months because I did not rest the area or do therapy. I know it depends on the gravity of the damage. I also had that shoulder brace which straps over/under the should and across the chest. Used by motorcross bikers as apparently shoulder injuries are an issue in that sport with the hard landings.

Short answer. rest and therapy means coming back to 100% sooner than trying to tough it out and continue training with the injury. Ego you know.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-23-2012, 11:28 AM
  2. A comprehensive guide to Substandard Swill.
    By FalseProphet in forum General Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-09-2004, 01:54 AM
  3. #Lifting has moved to DALNET
    By Alexxx in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-07-2003, 08:24 PM
  4. Guide To Joint Support
    By YellowJacket in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-02-2003, 08:10 PM
  5. Guide to DHT