Lifted's Guide to Super Shoulder Rehab

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

1. If out of pocket not horrible but do you have insurance? My visits are $20 a session
    I'm here to swap stories, help when I can, and make people laugh. Don't take me too seriously.

2. Quote Originally Posted by lifted67 View Post
    If out of pocket not horrible but do you have insurance? My visits are $20 a session
    Yes but Houston is out of my network so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Olympus Labs Demigod
    PM me with any Olympus Labs questions
    Use Code WOODY30 for 30% off your order at www.Olympus-Labs.com
    •   

3. Bah, thanks alot Obama!!!
    I'm here to swap stories, help when I can, and make people laugh. Don't take me too seriously.

4. Quote Originally Posted by lifted67 View Post
    Bah, thanks alot Obama!!!
    No kidding (And no comment. Any comment I would make on the topic would quickly devolve in to a rant)
    •   

5. Quote Originally Posted by lifted67 View Post
    Bah, thanks alot Obama!!!
    My hometown is ~4 hours away from where I live now. I don't even have a PCP here. When I had my appendix taken out, insurance didn't want to cover it because it was out of network. Still disputing that lol.
    Olympus Labs Demigod

6. Hahahaha ok Woody!

7. Barbel video, just some basic pressure point application. I hate the sound of my own voice so I didn't even watch it lol hope the quality is OK.

https://youtu.be/PItseXWfZyU

8. Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    I need to find an ART provider in Houston
    here is where I went, Dennis Evans.

http://www.mshc.net/index.html

he also has his on small set-up in spring,

very good thread op

9. Quote Originally Posted by j4ever41 View Post

very good thread op
    Thanks, after years of bad benching I knocked myself out of the gym for 8 weeks, at least chest/shoulder training wise. I wanted to save you guys the time lol

10. Subbed. Good stuff in here.
    “Care for the flock that God has entrusted to you. Watch over it willingly, not grudgingly—not for what you will get out of it, but because you are eager to serve God. ... lead them by your own good example.” 1 Peter‬ 5:2-3‬

11. Welcome aboard!

12. Quote Originally Posted by j4ever41 View Post

very good thread op
    Thoughts/experiences? Expensive? Lol.

I'm having to save as much money as possible to pay for summer IV classes and for New York.
    Olympus Labs Demigod

13. Quote Originally Posted by lifted67 View Post
    I figured if you're in this thread you probably have a general idea on those things, however, when I make the barbell massage video you'll see the internal/external rotations being brought into play.

also, feel free to add your own thoughts on keeping the shoulder healthy in your next post(s). All input is welcome!
    Didn't say internal:external rotations. I said the rotators (e.g. lats, pecs, delts, triceps to an extent).

Most don't consider this balance during their training and leaves the humerus both internally rotates and protracted. Thoracic mobility is often compromised and makes benching properly even more difficult. Considering that benching is done with the lats, having a compromised ability to engage and press with the lats leaves the shoulder in a vulnerable position.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

14. OK, well, like I said, feel free to add your input on ways to improve the balance between the muscle groups.

15. Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Thoughts/experiences? Expensive? Lol.

I'm having to save as much money as possible to pay for summer IV classes and for New York.
    very positive for me, I had inner and outer elbow pain to the point where I damn near could not curl a 20# db, I was having some shoulder issues at the time as well, I had tried a lot of stuff before I took this route with little to no success, the first few sessions hurt like a bitch, but I can honestly say that after the first session I started improving, im not totally sure of all charges but I believe my insurance approved me for 22 visits, I paid $65.00 per visit until It totaled $500.00 then nothing after that.

16. Subbed. Thanks for all your contributions to this thread @lifted67 !

bumshouldercrewcheckingin
    I <3 Carbs

17. Quote Originally Posted by jalfrey View Post
    Subbed. Thanks for all your contributions to this thread @lifted67 !

bumshouldercrewcheckingin
    Thank you and welcome aboard!

18. Quote Originally Posted by lifted67 View Post
    Barbel video, just some basic pressure point application. I hate the sound of my own voice so I didn't even watch it lol hope the quality is OK.

https://youtu.be/PItseXWfZyU
    Nice one! Will remember it when needed.
    For someone who does not know what this exercise is for, it looks odd.
    Be careful doing that, you may appear in one of those "Gym fail videos" on youtube,lol.
    Life is fair it's your expectations that aren't.

19. Lol if I notice someone filming me I'll just start yelling "help!!!" Or "spot!!!" And really confuse em lol

20. Okay since no one will read a novel, nor do I desire to post one, my post will raise mote questions than it answers. That's fine, I welcome Any specific questions.

#1 muscular balance. I do about 3-400 reps of upper back and rear delts per week. Apiece. Not lumped together.

#2 There are 17 muscles which attach to the scapula. Most of them are small and not very strong, but all of their jobs are important. So when you're only using 4,6,8 of them, your shoulder mobility is ass. Just activating more of them will improve shoulder mobility. In a sense, shoulder mobility and health is a learned skill. Getting better rhythm and activation out of those muscles will improve shoulder health and mobility.

2A.) Do not try to pinpoint the exact muscle holding you back. You don't have a Ph.D on the shoulder nor do you have eyes in the back of your head. Plus, like I said, 17 muscles in a small area, all running in slightly different directions. What chance do you have of pinpointing? How much time do you have to guess and check one muscle at a time? Not enough. There are moves that address the complex of muscles and the rhythm that will sort you out pretty well. Mace swings, KB around the worlds, and the band warm up I will edit in the bottom of the post are some examples.

#3 Thoracic extension. If you have it, your shoulders are happier than if you don't.

#4 Tight biceps can be a major cause (see where the origin of the bicep is located and this will make more sense).

5.) learn how to pack your shoulder better and use it for everything you do and things will work better.

6. Learn how to breathe properly and your shoulders will open up. You can literally gain five degrees internal and external rotation during a proper breath. See "Breathing 101" by Juggernaut on YouTube to learn more about this.

7. Learn how to do Donnie Thompson's "bowtie" and do it often.

Bonus: Do this before every training session and in a few weeks you'll be FAR better than when you started. Then keep doing it before every training session until you die.

https://youtu.be/txrvbXmqbcY
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

21. Great addition!

22. Subbed

23. I do those once a month:

Life is fair it's your expectations that aren't.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-23-2012, 12:28 PM
  2. A comprehensive guide to Substandard Swill.
    By FalseProphet in forum General Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-09-2004, 02:54 AM
  3. #Lifting has moved to DALNET
    By Alexxx in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-07-2003, 09:24 PM
  4. Guide To Joint Support
    By YellowJacket in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-02-2003, 09:10 PM
  5. Guide to DHT