Achilles tendons too tight

MedRat

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Hi,

I use to work out 4 days a week for 15 years. I always thought I was doing enough stretching. Unfortunately, my legs are very tight. My knees crack and snap. Is this some type of muscle imbalance? If so, what would the recommendations be? I continue to stretch but, my legs are ridiculously out of whack somehow. I appreciate anyone's help with this big problem. Thanks!

UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established
I have never stretched, mostly because I didn't know how. Now I take yoga classes with a girl that studied in an ashram in India. If you find a good teacher that really takes you into the poses, as opposed to most of the foo-foo stuff you find around, they are excellent for stretching.
By the time I walk out of this girl's class, I'm sucking wind, but it's a great stretch. I have fallen asleep a number of times in the final relaxation. But I didn't snore. I don't think ...

MedRat

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Thank you. I did a lot of research on the internet. It seems that if your hip flexors are too tight this will pull on the tendon causing these issues. I found some specific stretches online to help alleviate the problem. Now to find the time to do them 3x daily.

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
I've always had short/super tight achilles and while it's given me some amazing calves it does make cardio a bitch. This stretch helps though.

Attachments

MedRat

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Thank you. I'm doing all I can to get this fixed before it leads to other issues. No one needs an Achilles tendon tear.

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
Thank you. I'm doing all I can to get this fixed before it leads to other issues. No one needs an Achilles tendon tear.
Fawken A right you don't want that. Also soak in hot ass baths