Inguinal hernia

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
So i was sick with a cold over the weekend and apparently coughed so hard and so much i got a inguinal hernia.

What do i do about it? There is no pain, just the bulge. I didnt even notice it until i was taking a shower.

Should i stop training? Avoid certain exercises?

Will it go away? Get worse?

P

PaulBlack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Personally, I would see your doctor. He can enlighten you on everything and give you direction as to how to proceed.
I had a rt. inguinal repair done with mesh, over 16 years ago. It has been fine and I do a good bit of heavy lifting.

NutraChem

NutraChem

Awards
They'll probably try to mesh you if you go to a doc.

J

j4ever41

Awards
I have had this for awhile, as a matter of fact since 2010, the bulge is about half the size of a golf ball, sometime a little smaller sometimes a little bigger, I went to the doc when it first happened, he told me to take it easy and come back in a month, I was worried about for the first couple of weeks but after that I just f it, never went back and have been doing my thing ever since, I have been waiting for it to really pop 1 day but nothing yet, if I was you I would seek a consultation/exam and go from there, im like you I do not have any pain from it.