Trigger point injections

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Anyone here familiar with these or have them done for extra tight areas, or after a pulled muscle, to get rid of intense knots?

NutraChem

NutraChem

Awards
With corticoids?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
No, to remove deep adhesions and release trigger points, they inject saline with a bit of a local anaesthetic in it, and then they massage using the needle in the 'knot'

NutraChem

NutraChem

Awards
Oh OK, wasn't sure if you meant dry needling like aspirations or corticoid deposition in hot stops spots. That has become popular, but not a great idea IMO (at least long-term not great.)

I have not heard of the saline thing used that often, but it sounds like it might help followed my massage. What's the actual context of this condition?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well a friend of mine suggested this to help with overly tight hips. He swears by it.

I do mobility work, but it just doesn't seem like enough to battle my desk job. I have a case of hyper-lordosis that just won't quit.

NutraChem

NutraChem

Awards
Well it might be worth a try then.

Have you tried any mechanical aids? Like belts or custom fittings?

Or topical stuff that you can spot apply for relaxation, or at least some symptomatic relief? Magnesium and DMSO come to mind.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Haven't tried any mechanical aids. Been trying to further strengthen my glutes and core. But my glutes are also ultra tight (no homo). I guess I'm doomed to use the rumble roller (and lacrosse ball) daily

Magnesium oil is a staple of mine

NutraChem

NutraChem

Awards
Haven't tried any mechanical aids. Been trying to further strengthen my glutes and core. But my glutes are also ultra tight (no homo). I guess I'm doomed to use the rumble roller (and lacrosse ball) daily

Magnesium oil is a staple of mine
Do you have a prostate, Gutter?

NutraChem

NutraChem

Awards
Lol indeed I do
It might seem like a strange question, lol, but i can assure you it wasn't related to the 'tight glutes' comment. :D

There's an endogenous protein hormone named Relaxin, somewhat related to LH and FSH, that loosens women's glutes, legs and pelvic muscles during pregnancy. Men make it too, it's secreted by the prostate. I was trying to eliminate the possibility that you were deficient due to prostatectomy.

NutraChem

NutraChem

Awards
I'm keeping you in mind, Gutter! If I run across anything that looks promising I'll PM you with it.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm keeping you in mind, Gutter! If I run across anything that looks promising I'll PM you with it.
Thanks! I could get A.R.T done often and that should help, but adds up $$$

I think a big problem is that I don't commit myself to daily couch stretches (psoas/hip flexor stretch made famous by Kelly Starret) and such. I need to follow a routine or I'll slip back into anterior pelvic tilt constantly.